Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

So it's been confirmed

Joined 4-May-12

4-Jul-12 10:15 am
... I'm having DS2. Had 20 week scan yesterday and the tech - the same one who told me during my 12 week scan, even though we didn't want to know - said it was 100% boy. I can't believe how down I'm feeling. Baby looks beautiful, and DH is excited... it's not like it's a surprise and I've even been shopping blue for the last 8 weeks. I never imagined having more than 2 kids (I'll be 35 when DS2 is born so we will most likely be done anyway) and the reality that I'll never have a girl has really hit me. I am really worried about how my DS1 will react to a brother: he is SUCH a gentle, amazingly sweet soul and he is scared of rambunctious kids - he tends to gravitate towards little girls at the park, and has had to stop seeing some of his 'boy' friends as the ones that have got physical with him he never wants to see again. I know some girls are more of a handful than boys etc but when I look at my friends with 2 or more of the same gender they all have one gentle one, and one 'high maintenance' kid, so I guess that's what I'm expecting. If DS2 is more of a 'typical' boy I'm worried that DS1's life will be ruined. Stupid, I know, but I am so concerned for him; I never found out DS1's gender and even though I experienced some (unexpected) postpartum GD he really is my perfect child and I love him more than I knew possible. I haven't had an easy pregnancy so far and now I'm feeling a bit better I just want to be able to enjoy it. I cherished every movement of DS1's in the womb and I hate myself for not feeling the same way this time around. I feel like the world's worst mother : ( Is there anything I can do to get over this? It's a reality now and I just want to be able to count my blessings rather than obsess on something I should be happy about : (

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-Jul-12 12:24 pm

im sorry you didnt hear "its a girl" but two boys was my dream family. to see that brotherly bond and know you have not only 1 strong healthy son but a second on the way to treat you like the queen you are. lucky you!

my girls are all so different. but they all make our family so special and i wouldn't change it if i could. i think you are fearing the unknown. you know what to expect from ds1 and now here comes another who may not fit in.. of course he will fit in, he's your baby. i just had my first son and omg he's so tiny (8lbs) i know that isn't tiny but you forget how small they really are. he never cries unless he's hungry. the girls just adore him. you are blessed with 2 healthy children if someone came and took that away from you imagine how you would feel. you don't need a perfect pair, its just something shoved down our throats my media and society and others. i finally got my son but it didn't make me a better mom or a better wife and it didn't make me a better person. it just gave me a 6th child. my girls aren't better then my son and i don't love them more. if anything im in protection mode about the baby and trying to keep his 1 year old big sister from poking him or laying on him. congrats on 2 beautiful healthy children!

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Joined 29-May-12

4-Jul-12 1:30 pm
sorry u didn't hear girl hun, congrats on your DS big{{HUGS}}

Baby Boy 11/16/2004, Baby Bear Boy 10/03/13

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
4-Jul-12 1:32 pm

I have 3 boys and expecting a girl - and all my boys are different too. My youngest is so calm and gental and my middle one is rough and tumble and my older one is more into computers and that.  All kids regardles of gender- have different personalities.  I wonder hyow my DD will be. I am sorry you never heard girl- however I have to say that watching my boys and their bond- it is such a gift for them.  my older two are super close and my middle two are super close and my youngest and oldest are super close.  They each have an amazing bond.. they are all friends.  actually this week my middle son is in summer camp and my youngest is heart broken- he keeps asking when is he coming home?  when are we going to get him.  when you hold your 2nd son- you will be so amazed. 

Newbaby said it best when she had her son (after her girls) :  she thought that in her head it would be more magical like a blue confettio party when really there is no difference.  We make this big deal over our DG when really its all the same.  kids are kids.  Girls can have traits of boys and boys can have traits of girls. They each and everyone are a blessing.  Congrats on your boy 

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 28-May-10

Top Poster
4-Jul-12 1:57 pm
Your son wouldnt like my 2 girls, they are strong willed, feisty and full on, alot of the boys i know are v gentle and kind and sharing, your boys will have a beautiful bond. I always wanted a boy or some boys, I got two girls and of course i wouldnt change them for anything and they now share toys, activiites, a room and its so sweet, same sex siblings.

Joined 3-Aug-09

Top Poster
4-Jul-12 2:36 pm
2 boys is gorgeous! It really is! I wish I had appreciated my 2 boys more but I was chomping at the bit for another. I love having 3 but there was something really special and beautiful about the love between two brothers. My oldest is so tender and loving towards his brothers. He really cares about them. He claps when they do something good almost like a parent would. He'll be the first to come through and tell me if they do something clever. He gives his baby brother such lovely hugs. My second son is a whirlwind of energy and dives everywhere. But he is so sweet and stubborn and gorgeous. A real cheeky chappy. My third son is this super sweet little baby that everyone just loves and he loves everyone right back. A real wee charmer. He will be lovely. I promise. Once he is here you will know why he was meant to be.
Love my babies

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-Jul-12 3:03 pm
Waiting4Daisy:
2 boys is gorgeous! It really is! I wish I had appreciated my 2 boys more but I was chomping at the bit for another. I love having 3 but there was something really special and beautiful about the love between two brothers. My oldest is so tender and loving towards his brothers. He really cares about them. He claps when they do something good almost like a parent would. He'll be the first to come through and tell me if they do something clever. He gives his baby brother such lovely hugs. My second son is a whirlwind of energy and dives everywhere. But he is so sweet and stubborn and gorgeous. A real cheeky chappy. My third son is this super sweet little baby that everyone just loves and he loves everyone right back. A real wee charmer. He will be lovely. I promise. Once he is here you will know why he was meant to be.
Agreethat was beautiful sweetie!

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Megan

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
4-Jul-12 4:06 pm

Waiting4Daisy:
2 boys is gorgeous! It really is! I wish I had appreciated my 2 boys more but I was chomping at the bit for another. I love having 3 but there was something really special and beautiful about the love between two brothers.
  AgreeAgree This exactly! Having two of a kind is extremely fun! I was devastated to find out both my first and second children were boys, but I grew to absolutely love them. It's so much fun to dress them alike and watch the bond that grows between them.

Baby Boy 2006  Baby Boy 2008  Baby Girl 2010

Joined 3-Aug-09

Top Poster
4-Jul-12 4:54 pm
newbaby2011"][quote user="Waiting4Daisy:
2 boys is gorgeous! It really is! I wish I had appreciated my 2 boys more but I was chomping at the bit for another. I love having 3 but there was something really special and beautiful about the love between two brothers. My oldest is so tender and loving towards his brothers. He really cares about them. He claps when they do something good almost like a parent would. He'll be the first to come through and tell me if they do something clever. He gives his baby brother such lovely hugs. My second son is a whirlwind of energy and dives everywhere. But he is so sweet and stubborn and gorgeous. A real cheeky chappy. My third son is this super sweet little baby that everyone just loves and he loves everyone right back. A real wee charmer. He will be lovely. I promise. Once he is here you will know why he was meant to be.[/quote]Agreethat was beautiful sweetie!
Thanks newbaby, how are you enjoying your newest little bundle of love? I hope your family is well :-)
Love my babies

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-Jul-12 5:27 pm
im in love but really once they put any baby in my arms i fall in love. today is my due date so im just in shock how i could still be pregnant but here he is and he's so tiny and perfect and such a good baby. lots of sleepless nights but his 1 year old big sister has 3 teeth breaking through so shes so fussy. im looking forward to sleeping through the night again. those last  couple of months with the pregnancy were worse then having the baby home. getting up every 5 mins for bathroom trips, can't get comfortable, the baby kicks you all night. i was ready to get that baby out!

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
4-Jul-12 6:20 pm

I'm sorry you are feeling this way.  While I love having two boys, I'm gonna be sad if I find out I'll never have a daughter.  I am pg with #3 and we are done after this one so I will feel the same way as you if this is another boy.  But yes, having two sons is wonderful.  

I wasn't sure how DS1 would react to having a brother either but he loves it!  He wants to dress like him and even wants him to come everywhere he goes.  Also, feeling differently about your second pregnancy may not even have to do with gender.  I felt that way all along with my second pregnancy before I even knew the gender.  I think it's exciting when it's your first time, but sometimes when it's your second you feel a little guilty cause you don't know how the first one will react and since you've been through it before, you might not be as excited.  I feel I couldn't bond at all with the baby during my second pregnancy, even from the get-go.  However, once he was born we bonded instantly and I immediately fell in love with him.

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 1-Apr-09

Top Poster
5-Jul-12 9:46 am
OP: I can relate. I just had DS2 and it's most likely our last so I have to mourn the DD I walys thought I'd have, However, on a positive note: GD lessened a lot for me when I had DS2 in my arms! ------------ Canadian: Lucky you're getting a DD. Did you sway or do HT? Sorry to hijack!

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
5-Jul-12 10:14 am

Photo-Girl:
OP: I can relate. I just had DS2 and it's most likely our last so I have to mourn the DD I walys thought I'd have, However, on a positive note: GD lessened a lot for me when I had DS2 in my arms! ------------ Canadian: Lucky you're getting a DD. Did you sway or do HT? Sorry to hijack!
I did sway- but was it the sway or just what Im supoosed to have?  I think only God knows.  I feel ever so blessed to have all my children. 

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 15-Feb-12

5-Jul-12 4:11 pm
Personally whatever I had first I wanted second ,the pp wasn't what I wanted....although gender wasn't an issue either.I had 2 boys,and it was wonderful,stil is they are Bezzie mates always have each other ,same interests etc,and share a room ,sure they fight and argue,but so would a bg,I now have a pp who are little 2 and 3,and as they turn into teenagers,I will have to see how this works.But same sex siblings are a joy.
Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby BoyHearts
Page: of 1