Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Please help ladies, need advice!!

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
2-Jul-12 1:37 pm

So I went for my 18 week review today and saw a new gynocologist as my regular one is on holidays. She did a scan and before she started i said i didnt want to know the sex. than my husband said we already have 3 boys, she said ok. Than she said with a smile on her face " are you sure you don't want to know the sex" to which I said yes i'm sure. When I was leaving she gave me 4 photos 2 of the sige head profile 1 of the tof of the head and one of what really look like a potty shot. I didnt go back and ask her what it was as she was really busy and I had pick up my boys. So now I dont know what to think anymore. I always said that I didn't want to know the gender. But if someone told me today it was a girl I could live with it as it would be super exciting. Ok ladies I'm going to attach the scan and tell me what you think. Is it a leg an arm. to me it look like a potty shot but i don't want to get my hopes up. HElp me ladies please, I'm so nervous!!!

Joined 13-Mar-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

2-Jul-12 1:41 pm
I don't see any pics but the way she smiled and said "are you sure you don't want to know" sounds promising for pink to me. I may be wrong but that's how I would have taken it. Congrats either way on a healthy bubs though!

It's not my children's job to make ME happy, It's MY job to make THEM happy

owl siggy

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
2-Jul-12 1:45 pm
ahhh cant seem to attach the photo, I posted one under ultrasoung predictions earlier but didn't get any replies. Gonna keep trying with this thread.

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
2-Jul-12 1:55 pm
maybe this will work

Joined 25-Jun-12

2-Jul-12 2:02 pm

iv seen your pic im not good with potty shots as im new too this but how she was scream girl x 

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

2-Jul-12 2:34 pm
i didn't see the pic but it does sound like maybe she was hinting girl.. try not to get your hopes up just in case though. i hate to see you heartbroken.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little on her way!

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
2-Jul-12 2:40 pm
newbaby2011:
i didn't see the pic but it does sound like maybe she was hinting girl.. try not to get your hopes up just in case though. i hate to see you heartbroken.
No I don't want to get my hopes up. My head is spinning now, I was so happy not knowing, now I just feel confused:(! Hope you're enjoying your gorgeous son newbaby!

Joined 3-Aug-09

Top Poster
2-Jul-12 2:44 pm
Oh sweets, it does sound promising for pink but I've seen this go the other way too. I really wish these techs would be more neutral sometimes. I will have a wee look at your pic xx
Love my babies

Joined 29-May-12

2-Jul-12 5:10 pm
since the tech knew u already had three boys, and she had a smile on her face when she asked u if u were really sure you didn't want to know the gender, i would guess she saw girl parts in there!, GL

Baby Boy 11/16/2004, Baby Bear Boy 10/03/13

Aimee

Joined 27-Jan-12

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

2-Jul-12 6:19 pm

JUSTLUVDEM:
since the tech knew u already had three boys, and she had a smile on her face when she asked u if u were really sure you didn't want to know the gender, i would guess she saw girl parts in there!, GL

Agree

HeartsBaby Bear Girl2011 Baby Bear Girl2013, and hoping to add a one day

Joined 2-Jul-12

2-Jul-12 8:01 pm

After reading posts here for years I feel compelled to finally reply to a post myself. Perla, what you described is exactly what happened to me. I had 2 sons and went for my routine OBGYN appointment for my 3rd pregnancy. The doctor had my amnio results in the file and asked me of I wanted to know the sex of the baby.  I had decided not to find out because I didnt want to be disappointed so I said no. She looked at me with a smile and said "Are you SURE you dont want to know" I said no again but that started me thinking and I went over it in my mind again and again, finally after mulling it over I had to call and ask. It was a Girl!!!! Even after almost 19 years I can still feel how exciting it was to find out I was having a girl....but I did miss out on a delivery room surprise because I was so sure I was having a 3rd boy. My advice would be if you can stand it wait for delivery...but I think you are having a girl!

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
3-Jul-12 7:23 am

Aw I hope it's your girl!!!! Seeing ladies get a girl after 3 boys gives me a lot of hope!! :)

That said, I would DEF find out so you don't torture youself! With DS2 we had the tech put the gender in an envelope. She knew we really wanted a girl, and (I thought) understood what we were feeling since she had 3 girls and had always wanted a boy. She seemed SUPER excited and was all smiles while writing down the sex and handing us the envelope that I was so sure it said girl! Grouchy. I still wonder why she was so excited for me, unless she a) was just excited for me in general, or b) had bad GD herself and was happy to see someone wanting the opposite sex and getting the same.

I'm leaning towards it's a girl with the rest of the guys, I just don't want you to get your hopes up and have them dashed like I did.

Baby Bear Boy '06 Baby Bear Boy '09 Baby Bear Boy '11

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

Want to try for a Baby Bear Girl early next year! Pray

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
3-Jul-12 11:23 am
Well ladies, naturally I had a rubbish nights sleep and today have a migraine from hell!! I was fine til yesterday, when she messed with my head. As much as I don't want to get my hopes up to avoid disappointment I cant help but have had them raised by her, words and handing me the photo of what looked like a potty shot, but in fact was a measurement of the thight, that techs never give out. CONFUSED.Com!!!! Anyway I have now decided to let it go now and wait until dec. I just so wish she wouldn't have said anything to me as I was quite happy with my theory of this being boy no. 4. That way I wouldn't have been disappointed in dec, with the way I feel now I know the dissapointmwmt will be greater come December. Oh well of to take more painkillers now. BTW thanks for all your words of encouragement ladies :)

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
3-Jul-12 12:25 pm
I would be going crazy if I were you LOL!!!!! I would have another scan and find out, you don't want to have such high hopes and find out on delivery day it's boy#4. Find out now, if it's a girl for sure then you can relax and go crazy buying pink! If it's a boy you can work through any GD before he's born and be excited once he gets here. Just my My Two Cents

Baby Bear Boy '06 Baby Bear Boy '09 Baby Bear Boy '11

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

Want to try for a Baby Bear Girl early next year! Pray

formerly Saggyrl11

Page: of 1