Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Anyone sence they were have certain gender, but were wrong?

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 5:31 am
So here I am convinced I'm having my 4 th boy. Would be really shocked if this was a girl. The pregnancy is just too similar to my others, the only difference would be a month worth of headaches and severe exhaustion, but I'm blaming that on my age:)). My question to you ladies is did you sence you were having a boy or girl but were in fact wrong. What is it that made you believe it was a girl or a boy? Thanks ;)

Joined 14-Jun-10

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 6:19 am
Absolutely! I was certain that this was DD4 for us. Everything was pointing towards girl. This pregnancy is exactly the same as my 3 girls. Baby was conceived at the same time as 2 of my daughters. All ramzi guesses and old wives tales etc were all girl. I didn't even allow myself to think there was a chance that it was a boy. So I was completely blown away to hear that we are having a son. I've known for 3 weeks and I still can't believe it!

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 6:32 am
PrincessX3:
Absolutely! I was certain that this was DD4 for us. Everything was pointing towards girl. This pregnancy is exactly the same as my 3 girls. Baby was conceived at the same time as 2 of my daughters. All ramzi guesses and old wives tales etc were all girl. I didn't even allow myself to think there was a chance that it was a boy. So I was completely blown away to hear that we are having a son. I've known for 3 weeks and I still can't believe it!
That's absolutely wonderful for you to be having your son!!! Gives me a tiny bit of hope ;)

Joined 3-May-12

30-Jun-12 7:16 am
I was totally convinced at the time that my DS2 was a girl! The pregnancies were completely different, I really didnt have a preference but was in dnial for about 5 mins after the birth. Im now having number 3 and as its been 11 years sine my last pregnancy I cant remember so cant compare. I have a strong gut feeling that its a boy but hopefully it will be like my last and I get it totally wrong!!

Baby Bear Boy  1999  Baby Bear Boy  2001   After 11 years baby no3 due 27 Oct

Joined 14-Feb-11

30-Jun-12 8:19 am
Yes me!!! I was convinced my newborn son was a she as when i was pregnant people wouldnt shut up about how obvious it was i was carrying a girl. My midwife said she was dead certain it was a girl as well and she had 30 yrs experience. I was so upset i posted here about it afterwards. But no, our baby Linnea turned out to be a baby Isaac. After the delivery which was really traumatic as we nearly lost the baby i couldnt have cared less about gender. When the consultant said "its a boy" i swore at him saying "cant you even get that bit right, its a girl" lol at which point he turned the baby towards me and i had to eat some humble pie!

Joined 3-Apr-11

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 9:02 am
I thought my DD would be my second boy! My pregnancies were very similar, their heartrates were the same at every gestation, same cravings, I looked as though I was carrying the same way and everyone around me swore it was a boy by the way I looked. My only differences were extreme headaches, exhaustion and mood swings. Good luck to you !!

Baby Boy (Ayden) May 22, 2010 Baby Girl (Ayvah) June 4, 2012 Thank you God for answering my prayers :) and a big thank you to everyone on IG for your advice and support throughout my ttc girl journey, best wishes to you all!

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 9:15 am
Jess wants a princess:
I thought my DD would be my second boy! My pregnancies were very similar, their heartrates were the same at every gestation, same cravings, I looked as though I was carrying the same way and everyone around me swore it was a boy by the way I looked. My only differences were extreme headaches, exhaustion and mood swings. Good luck to you !!
Wow extreme headaches and exhaustion- sounds like me!! Still dont want to get my hope up though.

Joined 25-Jun-12

30-Jun-12 9:21 am
I thought with my son he was my 2nd girl I could believe I would feel so rubbish carrying both sexes turns out I don't do pregnancy well . I no the differences now I put on 4 stone less than with my girl, and didn't crave sugar and fizzy pop. This time round I'm craving sugar and litterally can't go a day without coke but I bet it's a boy to confuse me even more x

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

30-Jun-12 9:44 am
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I even made a post on here while pg with dd2 how people's "gut" feeling turned out. My two girls were soooo opposite in every single way!!!! Dd1 I had almost zero symptoms, never experienced a lot of nausea, never had tender breasts, no headaches etc, when I craved it was for anything salty I can get my hands on.. I even used to swig bacon bits to ease my salt craving, wanted a lot of chicken, she rode so high I had hairline fractures on my ribs, they even stayed bruised, heartburn was awful and I couldn't even look at orange juice at the grocery store. My dd2 I had nausea for 6-8 weeks, my breasts got large and tender, I craved anythig sweet I could get my hands on, had to have oj my favorite snac was Oreos and orange juice!!! I carried extremely low with her, my pelvis separated at 24 weeks and when. Had my anatomy scan she had to do an internal ultrasound because she was so low she couldn't measure my cervix length! Dd2 HB stYed in the 170's.. Every single thig was different, every single person guessed boy even my OB.. I would not even allow DH to discuss girl names because I "knew" she was a boy... Then I cried like a fool when the tech said girl! So I would definatly say don't even let preggo symptoms cross your mind!
"I may be small but I matter. Teach me. Love me. Believe in me. Because with your guidance, one day, when I'm all grown up, I will be someone amazing"

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 1-Jan-10

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 9:46 am

DD: Carried high, no sickness at all whatsoever, no aches pains headaches mood swings NOTHING. going by symptoms alone, surely i was not even pregnant. Lost weight the whole time. Lived off fountain diet coke, popsicles and strawberries. Never tired, or moody. Just plain old me the entire time. Heart rate 150

DS (due 10/12) EXACTLY the same pregnancy. Those old wives are jerks! lol

My amazing daughter 7/7/10

And her EQUALLY amazing brother 10/9/12

Expecting a sister!!!! 11/5/14

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 10:03 am
disneybride13:

DD: Carried high, no sickness at all whatsoever, no aches pains headaches mood swings NOTHING. going by symptoms alone, surely i was not even pregnant. Lost weight the whole time. Lived off fountain diet coke, popsicles and strawberries. Never tired, or moody. Just plain old me the entire time. Heart rate 150

Those owt are jerks!!!! You're hilarious. Keep em coming ladies, love hearing your stories!

Joined 1-Jan-10

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 10:40 am

Perla one day"][quote user="disneybride13:

[/quote] Those owt are jerks!!!! You're hilarious. Keep em coming ladies, love hearing your stories!

They are evil hags! Dream Crushers! lol

hahahahahahaha!

Trust them...I do not

My amazing daughter 7/7/10

And her EQUALLY amazing brother 10/9/12

Expecting a sister!!!! 11/5/14

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 12:26 pm
Honestly, everytime I have been correct with my gender guess

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 23-Jun-12

30-Jun-12 6:29 pm

Both of my pregnancies were different- DS was sick for 16 weeks, lost weight, didnt want to eat, then started feeling better and really enjoyed it. He was very gentle inside me, I didnt really show until 26 weeks then popped at 32 weeks and I looked and felt great right up to the birth. 

This pregnancy with DD I was sick for 11 weeks but ate to feel better, have put on a bit of weight, started showing at 16 weeks and popped at 26 weeks and she is a crazy thing inside me! now at 38 weeks I have pregnancy carpel tunnel, fluid and am exhausted!! So both my pregnancies were pretty different. With DS I knew in my heart he was a boy and with this one I think I knew it was a girl but couldnt allow myself to believe it... and still cant really! I wont believe it til shes here. Good luck to you x

Joined 28-Jun-12

30-Jun-12 10:23 pm

I'm 15 weeks pregnant now, and have felt since day one that its a girl. I've had a few people tell me from the u/s pictures, oh its going to be a girl! And I am guilty of obsessivley checking the gender prediction forums on here, and a few other pages, and comparing my scans to other girl scans. I've had lots of people say oh its going to be a girl, and felt really confident....until I had three people, one the forum expert tell me its 50/50, it might be a boy, that's what their boy's u/s scan looked like. One woman told me her daughter's scan looked just like mine. Its discouraging because other scans that look just like mine are being told by the experts that they're for sure it'll be a girl. I have my gender scan July 28th, and I now don't know what it'll be. I feel like I won't get my little girl, and that all the feelings I've been having so sure that it's a girl, are just me projecting my wants so much that I believe its true. I'm praying for a little girl, since my husband said we are one and done. The doctor was thinking it was a girl from the heartbeat, and said he always guesses and is never wrong, so I have my hopes up, and thought see my intuition is correct! But now, I just don't know. We will see soon enough I guess.

Good luck and I hope you get the gender you want.

Page: of 4