Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

CABBAGE AND BICARBONATE OF SODA TEST boy or girl????

Joined 16-Apr-12

30-Jun-12 3:30 am

Hi everyone Ive just done the cabbage test and Bicarbonate of soda test.Happy Wink (Fizzes=boy Doesnt fizz=girl)

Cabbage test-Held the cup against natural light PURPLE=GIRL        ( Lightish blue/pink-boy ,purple-girl)

I put a tablespoon of soda in a plastic cup and added urine  Didnt fizz=GIRL

AFTER 3 BOYS MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED  Pray

Wondered if anyone else had tried it and it was correct.

Joined 23-Jun-12

30-Jun-12 3:49 am
Had soda test and that fizz a lot so mean boy want a boy too. will do cabbage test today and see how its goes and i am having my scan on Friday. i will update you.
2002 Baby Bear Girl  2005 Baby Bear Boy a special gift due in Nov 2012 Baby Bear Boy

Hayley

Joined 3-Feb-11

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 4:26 am

I did the red cabbage test and it said girl for my son. I didnt try the soda test. GL

Baby Bear Girl  20/11/09 Lilah Nicole  Baby Bear Boy  10/08/11 Joel Thomas

Baby GirlBaby BoyVery proud Mummy and Daddy

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Joined 16-Apr-12

30-Jun-12 5:23 am

Thank you ladies mmmm now not sure how reliable the cabbage test is?

Joined 28-Jun-12

30-Jun-12 8:17 am
That's funny! Just wrote you back on another post and asked if you did the baking soda test and then saw this. Haha I just did it last night and nothing so girl. And in morning used fmu and did a sample in 4 different cups. One cup I put one tsp, another I put 2 tablespoons etc. Wanted to see if the amount made a difference. The one with the most baking soda looked to have a light coat of very little fizz/foam but the others with 1 tsp the recommended amount didn't do anything except a few bubbles ( but just bought a fresh batch and baker's say that means its fresh and still okay to use....it's how ppl determine shelf life)....so I'm going with girl maybe especially since cabbage said girl. A bit confusing but time will tell. Did you try the Chinese gender calendar? They are all different but the one I used has a cream colored homepage and it was accurate ( boy) with my first and says girl for this one. It's one that had been researched and proven to be most accurate. They are doing it for Science and it explains a lot on the site. Good luck :0)

Joined 16-Apr-12

30-Jun-12 12:43 pm

EEEE ive confused myself not sure where ive posted now ha.Not sure about the baking soda test not sure if i put enough urine in had a look on u tube videos and one lady'splashed it in',and it frothed then settled?? Going to have  another go in the morning with both tests.I used the second wee of the morning about 9,not sure if that makes a differance.I have tried the chinese gender calenders but my last period was between the last day of one month and the 1st of the next.Tongue Tied.

Time to move on from my D

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 3:22 pm

Please don't let these tests get your hopes up!   It might work for you, but it's still 50/50.

I did the baking soda test with my last two pregnancies and I NEVER got fizz - well, they are both BOYS!

I let the test get my hopes up TWICE only to be let down.

Good Luck!   Hope you get your girl though!   Good Luck Clover 

DH Baby Boy 40  

ME Baby Girl 33,  married since 2002 Hearts

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

formerly 'Tashy'

Joined 7-Jun-08

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 4:15 pm
picnic:
.I have tried the chinese gender calenders but my last period was between the last day of one month and the 1st of the next.Tongue Tied.
Use the month that you ovulated in :-) Here is the calendar I find most accurate...it is right for all 5 of my children and for most of the people I check... http://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_information/chinese_calendar.htm
Baby Boy 1995 Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2008 Baby Girl 2010 Baby Boy 2013

Joined 25-Jun-12

30-Jun-12 4:18 pm
I haven't done them just because I think I have spent enough time obsessing ha

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
30-Jun-12 5:22 pm
DreamingofXX:

Please don't let these tests get your hopes up!   It might work for you, but it's still 50/50.

I did the baking soda test with my last two pregnancies and I NEVER got fizz - well, they are both BOYS!

I let the test get my hopes up TWICE only to be let down.

Good Luck!   Hope you get your girl though!   Good Luck Clover 

Not reliable. I would wait for ultrasound

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Page: of 1