Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Encouraging Signatures (Siggies)

Joined 21-Feb-11

29-Jun-12 11:17 am

When I see the siggies at the bottom of people's posts I like to compare them to my family make-up. 95% of you ladies know I wanted either an only-child boy, or two boys. Currently we have an 11 month dd and are up in the air about whether or not to have another one, or skip straight to adoption.

Anyways, I know your  G  ---> B make-up may not be what you wanted, but I just wanted to post that it is encouraging to see the G ---> B siggies on posts from Disneybride13, AlphaCentauri82, Chickfromaus, Twoperfectmiracles, Quigs227, meghan12, and blondhaley. I know there are more, and I'm not dissing anyone else's familes. Period. I just find seeing the "proof" that we could still have a boy after a girl to maybe push us to possibly try again.

Anyone else examine siggies?

Natalie Gayle is here (7-6-11) She is amazing, but I wish I could have broken the girl "streak" for our families (last male was born 27 years ago).

Possibly TTC boy again in 2015, but saving for adoption. The baby Jensen T. account!

EXPECTING PARENTS! Check out http://www.intactamerica.org/ Get educated!

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 11:25 am
I always examine siggies:) I agree with you...it was super encouraging for me to see BBBG in people's signatures.

Thank You God and Our Lady!

#5 coming July 2015 ?

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 12:01 pm

stickybeans:
I always examine siggies:) I agree with you...it was super encouraging for me to see BBBG in people's signatures.

I always look at them too, and I was hoping I would have gotten the BBBG, like I see so often on here..  but I got BBBB. 

So, no G at the end for me..  Happy Wink

Good luck!!   Hope you get your SON! 

Hearts

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby... ♥ #5 due July 27, 2015  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching
bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and
songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Joined 27-Jun-12

29-Jun-12 12:58 pm

Just made mine! Happy Wink

Hoping for Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Girl. Find out later today what baby #4 is!!

TTC Baby #4
Baby Bear Boy 2007 Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy 2009 Expecting baby #4 in December 2012!!

Joined 14-Jul-09

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 1:06 pm

I actually took mine off as I thought it would annoy people...glad to see it can have the opposite effect :)

S-dad- I am one of a pp and I came first Happy...boys do happen after girls you know...btw your dd is stunning..well done you and that there lady of yours x

Joined 8-Jun-12

29-Jun-12 1:22 pm

hey sad dad!!!

i just wanted to take the time to write to you.  reading your post it sounded like my husband could have written it.  From the moment we found out we were pregnant with our first, my DH let me know he wanted a boy badly.  He wouldn't even let me talk about having a girl because he thought it would "jinx" it.  When we found out our daughter was indeed a girl, the look on my DH's face was one of sheer disappointment.  I felt horrible because I didn't know what to say or do to make him feel better.  Long story short, he obviously loves our daughter to pieces.  We unexpectedly found out we were pregnant again and are having a boy.  We just found out the other day.  The tear of joy that went down his cheek was one I will remember forever.  It is possible to have a boy! we didn't sway or anything this baby was a total suprise so there is hope, I promise!

9/16/11 12/11/12   Due 7/28/14

Joined 1-Jan-10

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 1:33 pm
SWEET im a rockstar!!!!! Lol I have OCD, I think much of my problem with a boy after girl is that I convinced myself I was having another girl based on the same exact pregnancy symptoms. The OCD took over from there Before falling pregnant, while knowing a sister would be great, I had not preference either way I even recall at an earlier scan being asked by the tech what I "wanted" and I replied "well, I already have my girl! So either way is fine!"

My amazing daughter 7/7/10

And her EQUALLY amazing brother 10/9/12

Expecting a sister!!!! 11/5/14

Joined 2-Jun-11

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 1:40 pm

Almost everyone I know in real life who has one of each had a girl and then a boy. I can only think of a handful of people who have had a boy and then a girl. This is not to discourage those people who have boys and want a girl. I have seen it happen esp with my friends who have 3 BBG. It may just be coincidence in my life but I see it all the time. Have you considered hi-tech since you are so desperate for a boy? I realize it is expensive but so is adoption. 

Me (33) DH (33)

DD - 08/15/08

DS - 12/06/11

I love my kids!

Joined 9-Feb-09

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 1:40 pm

Hi SadDad,

It seems I see a lot of pp in here and in real life so it's very possible to have a girl then a boy!  I swayed girl for my daughter and got her.  With the 2nd I didn't sway but a lot of the things at that moment in my life naturally/unintentially swayed me boy.  Sex right at ovulation, boy diet friendly foods, my husband hadn't "released" for a while....and lots of other things.  I ended up with a boy and I will never know if I got my kids from swaying or just that happened to be the sperm that made it first!  Whatever the case the intentional girl sway and unintential boy sway gave me the gender of that sway.  I would love to see the same thing happen for you!

I really want to see you get your son!  I can't wait to read about your continuing journey. Good Luck Clover

Baby Bear Girl Amelia 7/1/2010      Baby Bear Boy  Maddox  5/7/2012   [

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 4:15 pm
Almost everyone in my family who had a girl first has had a boy second.  My parents, my sister, my cousin, etc....  There are a few with girl/girl, but mostly girl/boy.  I am the only one in my family with more than 2 kids of the same gender.

Baby Boy 12/01 Baby Boy 06/03 Baby Boy 11/05 Baby Boy 01/09 & babyBaby Girl 9/12

Heartbroken Baby Boy 10-28-10

Hayley

Joined 3-Feb-11

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 4:38 pm

Hi Sad Dad,

I totally understand how you are feeling. I was a mum desperate for a boy or 2 boys so needless to say when i found out it was a DD i was slightly upset but fell in love with my daughter whilst being pregnant and once she was hear she took my breathe away. I then thought about a 2nd child and was desperate to have a boy, but i also found confort in the fact that should i have another girl my DD would have a sister and they would grow up thick as theives. And there is nothing sweeter than seeing two little girls pottering around together getting into mischeif. Anyway as you can see we did get lucky and we got a boy so it can happen. I think when you have one sex and are desperate for another you automatically think you wont get the gender you desire. However you may just get your boy like i did. I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do.

Baby Bear Girl  20/11/09 Lilah Nicole  Baby Bear Boy  10/08/11 Joel Thomas

Baby GirlBaby BoyVery proud Mummy and Daddy

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Joined 8-Jun-12

29-Jun-12 5:29 pm

also, I just wanted to add that when I got home from work today I talked to my husband and he admitted that he had resigned himself to the fact that he would have all girls after having our daughter.  he said that after we found out we were having another baby, he had just assumed in his head it would be a girl, and look at how wrong he was!  he also told me that now that he knows hes having a son, it makes him appreciate all things "girly girl" a million times more...not sure if that makes any sense or not, but there is hope! 

i think if i were you, i would go for it and try for another baby when you and your wife are ready because the odds are at least 50% that you will have a boy.  I think the statistic is actually somewhere between 53-56% that women who have a daughter first have a son second, I believe I read that on here somewhere.

Joined 12-Jul-06

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 5:35 pm
Agreeing with a lot of pp, I too find the most common family pattern of gender to be a girl first then a boy.  I was friends with a lot of girls who were the oldest child then had a little brother, and now most of my friends and acquaintances and FB friends (who aren't from this site that is) who are having kids have a girl first, then have a boy.  And just seeing kids in real life all around the place it seems like everyone has a girl then a boy.  Is your wife breastfeeding still?  If you guys ttc right now, I think you'd have an increased chance of having a boy, as it also seems like if people have a kid 16 to 22 months after their previous kid usually have a boy.  I'd say do a little bit of swaying and try for a boy.  Just the world in general seems to be proof that you've got a great chance! 

Baby Boy June 2005 Baby Boy December 2007 Baby Boy November 2010

Two swaying opposites, two MS/IUI BFNs in 2009.  Good Luck CloverHoping and Pray that PGD/IVF works for us!Good Luck Clover                                                              Cycle #1 - straight to FET two GSN normal XX blasts - BFN  Cycle #2 - Fresh SET GSN normal XX morula - BFP!  Baby Girl due December 2012!

Joined 8-Jun-12

29-Jun-12 5:45 pm

CulturedPearl:
Agreeing with a lot of pp, I too find the most common family pattern of gender to be a girl first then a boy.  I was friends with a lot of girls who were the oldest child then had a little brother, and now most of my friends and acquaintances and FB friends (who aren't from this site that is) who are having kids have a girl first, then have a boy.  And just seeing kids in real life all around the place it seems like everyone has a girl then a boy.  Is your wife breastfeeding still?  If you guys ttc right now, I think you'd have an increased chance of having a boy, as it also seems like if people have a kid 16 to 22 months after their previous kid usually have a boy.  I'd say do a little bit of swaying and try for a boy.  Just the world in general seems to be proof that you've got a great chance! 

i couldn't agree more.  my kids are going to be 15 months apart. my first is a girl, second is a boy.  i have seen this many times with people i know

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 5:46 pm

pixiecat-glitterdoll:
I actually took mine off as I thought it would annoy people...glad to see it can have the opposite effect :)

Me too. I almost feel guilty for having two of each.

Sad Dad -I know you have been pessimistic about being able to conceive a boy, but I think you have an excellent chance, as I conceived BGBG and seem to have an opposites pattern going. :)

Page: of 3