Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Do your kids know...

Joined 27-Sep-10

29-Jun-12 9:48 am

About your gender disappointment? Would you talk to them about it when they are older?

I never wanted boys. And now I have 2 of them. I wasn't too upset when I had ds1, cuz I knew I'd have one more chance. But when I found out about ds2, I was devastated. But after he was born, I was just so in love with him and he is kinda my favourite now. lol  I do believe I will talk to him when he gets older about it all, but not in a way to make him feel bad, but to show him how much he is loved. That I didn't know I wanted him until I had him and now I can't imagine my life without him.

Will you talk to your kids about it or will you keep that from them?

Joined 26-May-11

29-Jun-12 9:57 am

I personally will never share it with ANYONE let alone my sons who I love more then life itself.  I would be to afraid they would not underdstad and take it the wrong way, then I would never be able to take it back.  But you know your own kids and how they will take it, good luck in the future with what ever you decide.

Joined 25-Jun-10

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 10:05 am

My kids do.  My GD isn't too severe but my my 2 older boys were old enough to understand what was going on with the last baby...I was told girl at 18 wks then boy at 22.

I don't see anything wrong with my kids knowing that I want something and don't get it.  Life isn't fair ya know?

But they want a girl just as badly if not more than I do. lol.

formerly 'Tashy'

Joined 7-Jun-08

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 10:06 am
Personally, my kids have no idea that I've suffered from GD and never will. I'll never tell my DS#4 that I had hoped he was a girl. And if this one I'm carrying is DS#5, he'll never know either! I think some things are better left unsaid. But like FARMER said, you know your son best of all and know what you share with him!! My boys are all hoping that this one is a girl,,,so they are the ones suffering from GD at the minute, Lol!! But I just tell them that God will give us the right person for our family and that it doesn't matter. So the boys don't think I have a preference AT ALL!!
Baby Boy 1995 Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2005 Baby Boy 2008 Baby Girl 2010 Baby Boy 2013

Just my boys and me. ?

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 10:33 am

My boys know about my GD..  they had it too. They wanted SO bad for DS3 to be a girl.. my oldest was just as upset as I was. They want a little sister SO bad, and that's why this last time.. I was SO praying it was a girl.. not just for me but for THEM!!   Well, it's another boy and they both cried when I told them..  We are all getting a bit better now, but I still cry everyday.   

My oldest was upset that DS3 was a boy.. it took him a long time to get over it. They argued with me for WEEKS that it was a girl..  but I showed them over and over the potty shot, and finally they accepted it. It's the same with this one..  

I keep looking at the u/s photo..  praying it will change. Lol    

But, it never will and OUR dreams of a little sister are over  Sad

DH Baby Boy 40  

ME Baby Girl 33,  married since 2002 Hearts

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Joined 13-Jun-10

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 11:54 am

No and they never will. 

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 1:17 pm

well see, I never had GD over the boys I have now.  I didn't care what I had for my first two because I always wanted two boys and a girl.  I really want a girl for my third but the boys don't really know.

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 13-Mar-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

29-Jun-12 2:26 pm

Nope my boys never knew and I won't ever tell them. Why would I want them to know I was ever disapointed in them especially over something they can't control? What purpose would that serve? Even as adults I think that would be painful to hear.

During my pregnancy with DS3 I hid my GD very well. They would see me sad sometimes but I never let on the reason for it. In fact I always tell them how lucky they are to have all brothers and how I love having boys (my older 2 are at the "icky girl stage" now so they think it's funny that even their mom likes having all boys). I would never go so far as to say I didn't want girls because even though we are pretty sure we're done with kids there is always a chance we may have another and if we did have a girl I wouldn't want them to think I didn't want her.

So basically the answer is no and I can't see any benefit in ever telling them. The age old saying "what they don't know can't hurt them" is certainly true here.

It's not my children's job to make ME happy, It's MY job to make THEM happy

owl siggy

Joined 25-Jun-10

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 2:44 pm

I should add that I never once have been sad that I was having a boy, just would like a girl too.  Even after I found out that #4 was a boy after being told a girl I didn't feel sad or tell them that I was sad.  We were all excited to get each boy but still want a girl. Did that make sense?

I have never been dissapointed in a baby's gender.

Joined 14-Jun-10

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 2:48 pm
I have never shared with them that I have GD, but if for some reason I see when my kids are having kids and they seem to have it, I would share with them that I went through it and they are not alone and how much I loved them when they were here!

Baby Bear Girl-10/03 Baby Bear Boy-10/05 Baby Bear Girl-11/07 and finally Baby Bear Boy 10/26/10.... my family is complete!

I love my kids no matter how much they drive me insane...

Megan

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 3:21 pm
My boys don't know and I will never tell them that I wanted a girl with them. I think all kids are different though and if you're able to lovingly use it to show your boys how much you love them then it probably couldn't hurt.
Baby Boy 2006  Baby Boy 2008  Baby Girl 2010

Joined 27-Jul-06

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

29-Jun-12 3:37 pm
I would NEVER in a million years ever discuss such a thing with my boys. I have never let my wish for a girl be known to them, even when I was pg the 3rd time and they both wished for a sister. I don't see how they would ever feel like they are as desperately loved and wanted as they are if they ever knew I had GD.

Heart  Heart 

3 failed MS/IUI's & 2 failed MS/IVF's                                                                                                   

Just my boys and me. ?

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
29-Jun-12 4:01 pm

fivebabies:

I should add that I never once have been sad that I was having a boy, just would like a girl too.  Even after I found out that #4 was a boy after being told a girl I didn't feel sad or tell them that I was sad.  We were all excited to get each boy but still want a girl. Did that make sense?

I have never been dissapointed in a baby's gender.

I also wanted to say exactly this!!  ^^^^^

I am NOT sad it's another boy - it's JUST the fact I won't have a daughter. I am not in ANY way disappointed I have boys, I just wanted a little girl to raise too..  Happy   

I love my boys so much..  and they know it. Hearts

DH Baby Boy 40  

ME Baby Girl 33,  married since 2002 Hearts

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Joined 16-Jul-08

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

29-Jun-12 4:55 pm
Mine have no idea, and I plan to keep it that way. The only way I could MAYBE see it coming up is if they had similar issues as adults. Even then, I think I would want to stick with something vague enough that it wouldn't be about them personally, just the vision I had for my family. And I would make sure they would know how grateful I am that I didn't get what I thought I wanted.

Happy Sunshine  2003   Happy Sunshine  2006   Happy Sunshine  2009

Three times lucky ... and we're done. Hearts

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

29-Jun-12 7:41 pm
my older 3 know but thats only because they asked questions. i remarried so they naturally wanted to know if their sibling was a boy or a girl. they noticed alot of their friends have baby brothers. why don't we have a baby brother? mom don't you want us to have a brother? what they didn't understand was why i couldn't pick the gender they wanted. children get influenced too. have you noticed half the books and cartoons they watch are p.p. families?

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Page: of 2