Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Panicked at gender ultrasound!!

Joined 3-Mar-12

28-Jun-12 12:43 pm
So here’s a little bit of background… I already have one ds and although I would love to give him a little brother, I would also love to have a little girl. Both my ds and dh are hoping this baby is a girl as well. My MIL has also told me we had better give her at least one granddaughter (she has four grown boys, and no girls).

I went in for my anatomy scan today 19w+2 with every intention of finding out the baby’s gender, but when the sonographer asked if we wanted to see the “potty parts and know if it’s a boy or a girl” I freaked out. My heart leapt into my throat and before my dh could say anything I blurted out no!! My hubby looked at me like I was crazy because all I’ve been able to talk about for the past few weeks is old wives tales, biorhythms, and the gender of our baby! Being the great guy that he is, he went along with my crazy change of heart, no questions asked. I asked the sonographer to take a potty shot picture and write out whether she thought it was a boy or girl, but to not say anything. She turned off the t.v. monitor while she probed around for a bit and printed our picture. She even was kind enough to put it in a folder for us, so we wouldn’t accidentally see it, but could open it if/when we wanted to.

Now I’m sitting at home staring at that folder like it is going to spontaneously combust. I’m so torn between whether or not I want to open it. This is strange for me, because my whole pregnancy I have been dead set on knowing the gender asap, but now I’m having a mini panic attack just thinking about it. Am I crazy? Has anyone else ever felt like this?
Baby Bear Boy March 2009 Baby Bear Boy November 2012

Joined 8-Jun-12

28-Jun-12 12:56 pm
i know exactly how you feel! i had mine yesterday and i almost made DH turn the car around.  I honestly had a panic attack.  You are definitely not crazy.  I was shaking right before my ultrasound.  I honestly think once you open it though a sense of calm will come over you one way or another :)
 9/16/11 12/11/12   Due 7/28/14

I love my kids!

Joined 9-Feb-09

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 12:57 pm

You're not crazy!  You have a lot of will power!! LOL!  I would keep staring at that folder as well!  You could do something fun with it, like a gender reveal cake.  It sounds like although you want a girl a boy would be great too so don't worry about about people say you should have, enjoy your little one.

Baby Bear Girl Amelia 7/1/2010      Baby Bear Boy  Maddox  5/7/2012   [

Joined 23-Apr-12

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 2:34 pm
I think I can relate. I think that's how I'll be next time around! You've got me on the edge of my seat though! I sure wanna know for ya!
3 boys would love a girl!

Joined 28-Jun-12

28-Jun-12 2:38 pm

I plan on having the tech write down the gender and seal it when we get our gender scan in about a week.

I dont even have the envelope yet and I feel the same way you do! I am going to stare at it like its going to combust too! lol

Right now the plan is to not open it... but time will tell how it goes.

I hope you get your girl! pink dust your way!

I am wishing for a boy since we have a DD.

Baby Girl2010

expecting a Baby Boy 12/12

Our family will be complete! The pigeon pair!

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 4:03 pm

You have amazing will power!

I hope when you do open that folder, you see 'it's a girl' Hearts

Joined 4-May-12

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 4:09 pm

this is exactly what i am doing in three weeks. one i dont want to find out alone and dh wont be there, two i dont want to break down in front of the kids or tech..again...and three..i still have the option of not knowing this way and the option of knowing as well...our last wasa surprise, well for us, the fam knew but we didnt and im glad we didnt cuz t was sposed to be a girl....hes a boy lol....so i wont believe it if they say girl not til i have a girl in my arms...i can easily beleve boy though lol...

Joined 23-Aug-06

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 4:32 pm
Well you have it there for when ever your ready to open it x I hope it says Girl x

Joined 3-Mar-12

28-Jun-12 4:37 pm
Thanks everyone! So to make it more fun (and to hopefully help get rid of a little gd if it is a boy) we decided to go with your suggestion Alpha and do a little mini gender reveal! I had my dh take the folder and go buy a pair of little baby converse, pink for a girl and blue for a boy. When we go out for dinner tonight with my mil and my dh family we will open the box! So the only person that knows right now is my husband. I'm going crazy but I'll be sure to update after dinner! Thank you all for your support!
Baby Bear Boy March 2009 Baby Bear Boy November 2012

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 4:45 pm

Usa/CanadaHybridBabies:
Thanks everyone! So to make it more fun (and to hopefully help get rid of a little gd if it is a boy) we decided to go with your suggestion Alpha and do a little mini gender reveal! I had my dh take the folder and go buy a pair of little baby converse, pink for a girl and blue for a boy. When we go out for dinner tonight with my mil and my dh family we will open the box! So the only person that knows right now is my husband. I'm going crazy but I'll be sure to update after dinner! Thank you all for your support!

Baby converse... super cute!  

Excited to hear your update!

I love my kids!

Joined 9-Feb-09

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 6:14 pm

I can't wait to hear your gender reveal update!! Happy Celebrate

Baby Bear Girl Amelia 7/1/2010      Baby Bear Boy  Maddox  5/7/2012   [

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 6:21 pm

Agree on the gender reveal idea. I can't wait for the update!

Joined 7-Jun-07

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 7:01 pm
Oh you must be going crazy not knowing!  Love the idea for the reveal; don't know how you can stand that your husband knows and you don't! Have a wonderful dinner!!!

Joined 13-Mar-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

28-Jun-12 7:45 pm
That's a really cute idea! Looking forward to your update and a huge Congrats either way!!

It's not my children's job to make ME happy, It's MY job to make THEM happy

owl siggy

Joined 19-Apr-09

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 7:58 pm
Aww thats cute. I hope its a baby girl!!

Baby Boy 4-06, Baby Boy 9-09 Sad Flower 2-12  BFP ON 6-5  KissBaby GirlKiss due Feb THANK GOD!

Page: of 2