Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Expecting baby #4, after 3 boys- gender scan Friday!

Joined 27-Jun-12

27-Jun-12 2:15 pm
We have our gender scan Friday and I am super nervous. Our appt was Saturday, but since I spilled the beans to everyone about the scan, I decided to move it up a day to Friday, so hubby and I can get the news first, without a bunch of calls, texts, facebook messages, etc.

We have 3 precious boys already. I so desperatly want a little girl to complete our family. I dream of little dresses and headbands. It will just be so hard to accept I will never have a baby girl, if baby #4 is a boy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BOYS. They are the sweetest, cutest boys in the world. And I am so happy they have each other, but a girl would just bring so much to our family. I want my husband to have a daughter to walk down the isle, I want my boys to understand (somewhat) that girls are different, and emotional, and grow up respecting that difference, and not have a rude awakening when they are older. I want a daughter of my own to send to prom and on a first date.....and to not always be the MIL.

I just needed to say all that. I will not regret this baby, if it is a boy, not for one second. But, knowing this is our final baby, either way, I will grieve the little girl that I will never have.

After saying all that, I think it is a boy! Ha. I have no reason to feel that way, at all. Maybe it is my hearts way of protecting itself, or maybe I would just be so shocked because I want it so bad, and all I have every heard is "its a boy".

Either way, Friday will be a celebration. It is the 2 year anniversary since one of my twins had brain surgery and the day we find out if our family will be complete with a baby boy or girl.

Thank you for letting me get that out. Somehow it is easier to say those things here than it is to say in person to anyone. If anyone has any adivce how to prepare myself, or how to get through the next couple days, please share! I am trying to tell myself there is still hope.....

TTC Baby #4
Baby Bear Boy 2007 Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy 2009 Expecting baby #4 in December 2012!!

Joined 24-Apr-10

27-Jun-12 2:34 pm

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy 2004  Baby Boy 2007  Baby Boy 2011  Heartbroken April 2009 angel baby boy at 13 weeks

Heartbroken May 2010 - my angel baby girl at 18 weeks....wondering how to go on.... Heartbroken Dec 2011 at 9 weeks

Hugs Bear Expecting baby #5 - a beautiful baby girl Baby Bear Girl  Nov 11th,2012

Joined 24-Apr-10

27-Jun-12 2:43 pm

Wow wow wow!

I could have written this post!!

I am a mom to 4 boys with our 5th and last on its way.

My anatomy scan is Friday also! I am so excited - and yet so very very scared!

Like you, this is our last chance at a little girl.

I dream of a little girl also - and if I find out its yet another boy - I will have to let go of my dream - and accept that I will never have my little girl.

Everything you wrote - everything - I am feeling right now.

Good luck on Friday - I will be thinking of you!

Here is something I wrote -

I am somehow unable to hear
What my heart is telling me
I think I have been feeling girl
But I cannot be sure.
Is it maybe because
I want to hear it so badly
That I am trying to convince myself
That maybe
Just maybe
My dream will come true...
But then
This loud voice of reason
Brings me make to earth
Screaming at me
Its a boy.
Is this because
Deep down
I know its a boy...
Or is this a way of protecting my heart from disapointment...
I just don't know
Every sign has been telling me boy
I should have no doubt
And yet
I still feel this pull
And I can't let go
That maybe
Just maybe

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy 2004  Baby Boy 2007  Baby Boy 2011  Heartbroken April 2009 angel baby boy at 13 weeks

Heartbroken May 2010 - my angel baby girl at 18 weeks....wondering how to go on.... Heartbroken Dec 2011 at 9 weeks

Hugs Bear Expecting baby #5 - a beautiful baby girl Baby Bear Girl  Nov 11th,2012

Joined 23-Apr-10

27-Jun-12 2:51 pm

What a lovely post!

I to have 3 amazing sons who I love more than anything in the world and hopefully in the future would love to add one more to our family I would love a daughter, and a little sister for my boys.

Good luck and hope you get your daughter xx

Joined 27-Jun-12

27-Jun-12 2:52 pm
I am so sorry for your loss. I feel horrible even wanting a little girl as much as I do, when others have gone through loss like that. A dear friend lost her baby girl at birth 6 years ago. She now has 2 boys, and is pregnant with baby#3. We are both praying that we are both having girls, whom will be dear friends.

TTC Baby #4
Baby Bear Boy 2007 Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy 2009 Expecting baby #4 in December 2012!!

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
27-Jun-12 3:08 pm
I hope you both hear Baby Bear Girl on FriGood Luck Clover

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

Joined 27-Jan-12

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

27-Jun-12 3:35 pm
Heavensentmefour & butterfly-angel, I am sending you both my pink dustHearts Can't wait to hear what you are having...either way, boy or girl will be a beautiful blessingHappy

HeartsBaby Bear GirlCara-2011 Baby Bear GirlNoelle-2013

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart..." Jeremiah 1:5

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
27-Jun-12 8:33 pm

I hope you hear girl on Friday!!  I am pg with #3 and I am so nervous about finding out the gender.  I would love a girl (for many of the reasons you stated) and am kind of terrified of hearing boy.

But I am glad you are able to celebrate the two year anniversary of your son's surgery.  And good luck Friday!! Keep us posted.

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 11-Sep-11

28-Jun-12 7:00 am
HopingFriday is a super-lucky day and both you lovely ladies hear PINK!!!Hearts

Baby Bear Boy 1998  Baby Bear Boy  2001  Baby Bear Boy  2005  Baby Bear Boy  2008 ............Four handsome, wonderful Boys !!!!

and then.....finally.......Baby Bear Girl   Our Darling Daughter joined our family, October 2010 !!! Hearts

Gina

Joined 13-Jun-12

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 1:30 pm
I hope you get your girl, keep us all updated pls! Hearts
Expecting our first Baby Bear Girl 22nd December 2012! I cannot wait to meet her!

Joined 3-Jan-11

28-Jun-12 3:07 pm

I'm anxious and nervous for you - I can't imagine how you're feeling right now.  Good luck!

April 2011 Baby Girl as sweet as can be, and another bundle of joy due May 2013.  Wish me Good Luck Clover for Baby Boy

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 3:29 pm
Good luck, hope you hear girl!!

Joined 29-May-12

28-Jun-12 3:40 pm
Really wishing you both the best and hoping there is lots of news of little girls for you both on Friday.

Baby Bear Boy DS1 - 2 years old

Baby Bear Boy DS2 - 1 year old

Pray for Baby Bear Girl

Joined 27-Jun-12

28-Jun-12 5:16 pm
Thank you so much! I am anxiously counting down the hours at this point! Hubby and I have a sitter coming, we are going to our scan, and then to dinner.

TTC Baby #4

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
28-Jun-12 5:35 pm
Good luck!! I hope you hear girl.  It's a little surreal at first.  I don't think I will believe it until I see the goods for myself.

Baby Boy 12/01 Baby Boy 06/03 Baby Boy 11/05 Baby Boy 01/09 & babyBaby Girl 9/12

Heartbroken Baby Boy 10-28-10

Page: of 4