Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Just for fun

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 12:58 am
Has anyone tried the baking soda test yet? And from what week can you test? I know it's just for fun! I tried it this morning and no fizz = girl :( hopefully its wrong lol or I am doing it too early. Just was interested if any of you ladies tried it yet?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Just my boys and me. ?

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 1:21 am

Mine NEVER fizzed with this pregnancy OR my last one...  they are BOTH boys..  

It got my hopes for nothing..  Don't let it ruin yours.

It's just a PH test basically, and what you eat will affect it.

Good Luck!   Hope this is your boy! 

DH Baby Boy 40  

ME Baby Girl 33,  married since 2002 Hearts

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 1:56 am
DreamingofXX:

Mine NEVER fizzed with this pregnancy OR my last one...  they are BOTH boys..  

It got my hopes for nothing..  Don't let it ruin yours.

It's just a PH test basically, and what you eat will affect it.

Good Luck!   Hope this is your boy! 

Thanks so much :) you made my day! I have been in such a bad mood since lol I'm so silly because I know it's just or fun! Thanks again :) I have hope

Joined 19-Apr-09

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 8:08 am
Hi Noodle i love doing these too see if its a boy or girl. I done the baking soda test and got no fizz. Bleach test fizzed and no foam. My ph was 5.5 right after i found out i was pregnant. I do think it changes based on what you eat or drink but its fun anf helps time pass by. Have you done the penny test? You spit or lick (yuck) a penny and press it against the wall for 30 sec if it sticks girl if it falls boy. All in fun not gonna paint the nursery. Mine has been stuck for 3 days. Lol... Go ahead and try it

Baby Boy 4-06, Baby Boy 9-09 Sad Flower 2-12  BFP ON 6-5  KissBaby GirlKiss due Feb THANK GOD!

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Jun-12 9:04 am
Haven't done any test yet but they sound interesting makes you wonder who thinks of them!
"Bless this child O' Lord I pray, love her through all night and day"
1 Samuel 1:27

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 19-Apr-09

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 9:17 am
BB you got too play with us. I know you got a penny to spit on. Lol....

Baby Boy 4-06, Baby Boy 9-09 Sad Flower 2-12  BFP ON 6-5  KissBaby GirlKiss due Feb THANK GOD!

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Jun-12 9:26 am
Lol ok!! My penny fell but my walls are textured so I'm not sure if that made it, so I did it on the dining room wall and it stuck for about 45 seconds. DH thinks I've lost it! Lol! I'll do the baking soda test this afternoon

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 19-Apr-09

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 9:40 am
Hahaha sooo funny. My DH thinks i am nuts!

Joined 5-May-10

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 10:54 am
Ruby Red I am so excited to try! Does it have to be a penny? We don't have pennies here in south Africa but we have small coins hee hee gonna try with a small coin :)

Joined 19-Apr-09

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 11:02 am
noodle29:
Ruby Red I am so excited to try! Does it have to be a penny? We don't have pennies here in south Africa but we have small coins hee hee gonna try with a small coin :)
I dont know maybe it has too be copper coin.

Just my boys and me. ?

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 1:11 pm

With my DS3.. I did the penny test.. Mine stuck for over 3 weeks!!!   Until my kids knocked it down!!  

DH Baby Boy 40  

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Jun-12 1:48 pm
Dreaming- lol wow! 3 weeks?! How are you? Been thinking of you! I have no faith in tests or owt's! My dd1 carried high craved salty, zero nausea or problems, dd2, carried horribly low, craved sweet, had awful sickness so I think there is no merit but it can be fun!

Just my boys and me. ?

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 1:56 pm

I am okay Happy  It still hurts a lot but it's getting better. We have named him but I haven't done any shopping or anything.. It still stings to bad to go into the clothes section and see all them adorable little girl clothes that I know I will never get to buy now..  Sad  That part really sucks.

But I am gonna start buying a couple things just for him.. even though I have TONS of boy stuff.. since DS3 is only 6 months old!  HAHA

I got my prediction from Cheri.. (after sending it on March 17th!)  and of course, she predicted GIRL!   I cried all over again.. I wish it would have said boy.

DH Baby Boy 40  

Joined 19-Apr-09

Top Poster
23-Jun-12 2:24 pm

babybleux32:
Dreaming- lol wow! 3 weeks?! How are you? Been thinking of you! I have no faith in tests or owt's! My dd1 carried high craved salty, zero nausea or problems, dd2, carried horribly low, craved sweet, had awful sickness so I think there is no merit but it can be fun!

Agree

Just something fun for our DD buddies too do thats all.

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

23-Jun-12 3:48 pm
Dreaming- well, what's his name?! Lol! Glad it's getting better, what did DH think? Hope you find him some special things it's nice for each baby to have their own special things! *****RR***** well I did the BS test and at first nothing then when I mixed the bs all the way up it fizzed for about a minute. But I wasn't sure wether to add the bs after or not so I went in a cup then poured it into the bs in another cup?

Page: of 2