Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Private scan?

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

17-Jun-12 8:46 pm
I've really been tossing the idea around.. The thing is, I want to go by myself. If I get a spot on boy nub at my nt scan I may skip it but if not I want to go. I want to go because although I don't think it's because I will feel GD I want time alone. If it happens to be boy that's just a bonus and my anatomy scan would only be two weeks away. But DH and I don't keep secrets I think I'd feel guilty but if it means sparing him of seeing any glimmer of disapointment in my eye I'd do it. So, what do you all think of that? And do you plan on a private scan?
"Bless this child O' Lord I pray, love her through all night and day"
1 Samuel 1:27

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 16-Feb-12

18-Jun-12 7:29 am

Hmmm. That's kind of a tough one BB...are you planning on telling DH about it and that you want to go alone, or would you just not tell him about it at all? 

Baby Bear Girl 2010, Hugs Bear Due 2/2013, Pray for Baby Bear Boy but Baby Bear Girl would be lovely too

"There is no way to be a perfect mother but a million ways to be a good one"

Joined 19-Apr-09

Top Poster
18-Jun-12 9:29 am

babybleux32:
I've really been tossing the idea around.. The thing is, I want to go by myself. If I get a spot on boy nub at my nt scan I may skip it but if not I want to go. I want to go because although I don't think it's because I will feel GD I want time alone. If it happens to be boy that's just a bonus and my anatomy scan would only be two weeks away. But DH and I don't keep secrets I think I'd feel guilty but if it means sparing him of seeing any glimmer of disapointment in my eye I'd do it. So, what do you all think of that? And do you plan on a private scan?

I have also considered this and have booked a 15 week scan. I told my husband that I have thought about going to the scan alone and he totally understands. This will be our last child and i will love my child whether its a boy or girl but i am afraid of my initial reaction if the tech tells me boy. I would recommend telling your husband for the sake of your marriage, that way there are no secrets between you. I have not fully decided if he is coming with me or not but i did let him know my feelings toward him being there during the private scan.

Baby Boy 4-06, Baby Boy 9-09 Sad Flower 2-12  BFP ON 6-5  KissBaby GirlKiss due Feb THANK GOD!

Joined 24-Jun-09

Top Poster
18-Jun-12 10:02 am

i struggled with this too with my third.  in the end though me, my hubby and the girls went.  it was good to all be together for the news

Baby Girl - 04, Baby Girl - 06, Swayed for Baby Boy and got a boy 3/28/11.

Unexpected BFP w/o swaying 4/30/12.  Baby Baby Bear Girl due 1/13 Happy Giggle

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

18-Jun-12 10:11 am

ssableu- That's what I can't decide wether or not to tell him..

I feel guilty even thinking about not telling him, but I know he wouldnt allow me to go alone. Ah, I'm sure I wont eve ngo early, but man it's sure been on my mind. I just dont know what to do and really dont even know why I wanna know so bad. Ive been making myself enjoy everyday of my last pregnancy and I honestly feel like I wont be sad if it is a girl, maybe its just my hormones..

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 16-Feb-12

20-Jun-12 8:51 am

babybleux32:

ssableu- That's what I can't decide wether or not to tell him..

I feel guilty even thinking about not telling him, but I know he wouldnt allow me to go alone. Ah, I'm sure I wont eve ngo early, but man it's sure been on my mind. I just dont know what to do and really dont even know why I wanna know so bad. Ive been making myself enjoy everyday of my last pregnancy and I honestly feel like I wont be sad if it is a girl, maybe its just my hormones..

It may be your hormones but I completely understand - I was convinced I wanted to stay on team green but I am already doubting that decision...I don't know if it would be better to get over the disappointment before a little girl was born or have the disappointment be lessed by having a beautiful little girl in my arms when I find out...Or maybe there won't be any disappointment at all - I don't know what to do...I wish it wasn't an issue at all but I guess I am the one making it into one...Fx our sways worked...

However, I agree for the sake of your marriage and keeping the trust between you, I would not keep it a secret from DH although I do understand wanting to shield him from any initial disappointment.  ***HUGS***

Baby Bear Girl 2010, Hugs Bear Due 2/2013, Pray for Baby Bear Boy but Baby Bear Girl would be lovely too

"There is no way to be a perfect mother but a million ways to be a good one"

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Aug-12 8:40 pm
Ok....BIG dilemma..... DH is leaving for North Dakota on Thursday, for 3 WEEKS!!!! By the time he gets back it'll be 2 weeks till our scan at the doctors office. I've had a really stressful couple of months with lots of family issues, work issues it's really been a lot of stress on me especially lately. I just want one day of pure joy where I can spend it without thinking of a problem I need to solve. I want to buy something for my baby and give it a name. I was much much more upset than I thought I was going to be. I told DH all of this (bless him he's been so great with me) he said if it meant that much I could go but he wished we could find out together. Now my heart is torn. I know he wants us to go together but said he understood if I wanted to go ahead and go and he wouldn't be mad. As long as I surprised him when he got home and keep it to used until then so he can have the "first time surprise" too. But I'm still a little torn... Please tell me honestly if you would go or not?

Joined 19-Apr-09

Top Poster
6-Aug-12 8:59 pm
So sorry he will be out of town. Honestly if he told me too go ahead and go i would go ahead.Then you can suprise him by having him open the wrapped outfit that you bought while he was out of town.

Baby Boy 4-06, Baby Boy 9-09 Sad Flower 2-12  BFP ON 6-5  KissBaby GirlKiss due Feb THANK GOD!

Page: of 1