Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Going Crazy...

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
16-Jun-12 10:52 am

The 2ww is the LONGEST wait ever! Im only 4 dpo and my mind is already playing tricks on me. I get a bit of cramping and im like oh my period is coming. Or i felt minor nausea and im thinking oh im prego. LOL, its too much, the power of the mind creating symptoms. Im well aware that until implantation there wouldnt be any symptoms. I hate waiting..

Baby Bear Boy2006     Baby Bear Boy2010  Pray ttc a Baby Bear Girl

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
16-Jun-12 1:11 pm

Any other girls out there waiting impatiently like me? lol

Joined 8-Apr-10

Top Poster
16-Jun-12 10:14 pm
Hey hearts, I am 2DPO :) Last cycle I felt just the same as you, I will try to stay busy this time round as I was getting crazy last month! I am pretty sure most ladies TTC think about it ALL the time too. Your not alone : ) I fear this cycle a BFP for me is going to be really tough.. This will be my 4th attempt and 6th month on the girl diet. How many cycles have you TTC so far? Best of luck! X

Update! Identical twin girls! Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl

Our family: Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 19-Feb-12

17-Jun-12 2:25 am
Me! I'm 11 DPO. saw a faint faint faint line on an Internet cheapie yesterday and the same faint line today. Peed on an ovulation prediction strip and got a line lighter than the control line though. Confused and secretly hopeful! I'm swaying blue and really hope this is my month. :)
Baby Girl10/6/10 Baby Boy Our Successful Boy Sway Due 8/8/13. Thank you IG ladies!

My Sway: High Sodium/Potassium diet, Reduced calcium but consumed cheese, Took daily drink of wheatgrass or spirulina with royal jelly honey, Used an alkaline water filter, Drank said alkaline water with fresh lemon or lime, BD on ovulation day, Took mucalator thereafter, Breastfeeding, Positive Thinking and Visulization and lots of prayers! Pray

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
17-Jun-12 1:58 pm

Hey Maple, This is our first attempt, but i kinda want a neg lol. I didnt realize how many factors went into swaying until after we tried. Im scared that if its pos it will be another boy. We did supplements and lime douche before sex and after sex. But sadly lacking on diet. Timing was 3 days prior to O. Its so nervewracking. Wow, 6 months on girl diet! Good for you! Do you skip breakfast? How do you stick to diet for so long? It must be so agonizing each time its a BFN, I hope this month is your lucky one!!!

persway---gl on your boy sway!! 

Baby dust to all of us!

Joined 8-Apr-10

Top Poster
17-Jun-12 4:08 pm
Hearts*N*Flowers:

Hey Maple, This is our first attempt, but i kinda want a neg lol. I didnt realize how many factors went into swaying until after we tried. Im scared that if its pos it will be another boy. We did supplements and lime douche before sex and after sex. But sadly lacking on diet. Timing was 3 days prior to O. Its so nervewracking. Wow, 6 months on girl diet! Good for you! Do you skip breakfast? How do you stick to diet for so long? It must be so agonizing each time its a BFN, I hope this month is your lucky one!!!

persway---gl on your boy sway!! 

Baby dust to all of us!

Hey Hearts, funny - I half wanted a negative last month also, as my attempt was rushed and just didn't feel good about it? And it was a BFN. But ths cycle I want a BFP. Yes the girl diet is hard. Both DH and I have been very good overall, but we definitely have cheats in the 2WW. Never anything forbidden like red meat or potatoes etc. Usually coffee and cake! I guess we have come this far that it would feel like a total waste of time to give up on the diet. I'm very sick of the bland food though, really want some spicy Mexican and vege's! Yes I skip breakfast, my first meal is usually around 12pm. Thanks : ) Keep us posted X

Our family: Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
18-Jun-12 8:21 am
Maple, your dedication is awesome! i find the girl diet restricting. When i actually started looking at labels, its soo easy to go over in sodium content. Just this morning i had a bowl of cereal with skim milk and o.j and that was already half my sodium intake!! WTF, its soo hard, plus im a picky eater, my tastes are plain so many things on the girl diet i dont eat anyway, so it cuts my food in half lol. What about bread? We have to skip bread? Cookies? Icecream or chocolate? Chips?

Joined 8-Apr-10

Top Poster
18-Jun-12 3:35 pm
Hearts*N*Flowers:
Maple, your dedication is awesome! i find the girl diet restricting. When i actually started looking at labels, its soo easy to go over in sodium content. Just this morning i had a bowl of cereal with skim milk and o.j and that was already half my sodium intake!! WTF, its soo hard, plus im a picky eater, my tastes are plain so many things on the girl diet i dont eat anyway, so it cuts my food in half lol. What about bread? We have to skip bread? Cookies? Icecream or chocolate? Chips?
Hey Hearts - I know, the girl diet is soo restricting and not fun at all! ESP if you are picky with food.. My biggest concern was drinking milk. I loathe plain milk. The first day I was gagging and thought, no I seriously can't do this! But day two I was desperate for calories so drank it up! You can have white bread, best to bake your own so it is salt & sugar free. The shop bought bread is very high in sodium. Chips - definitely not, potatoes are a big no, and they have heaps of salt! I was a huge chip eater... With a glass or two of wine! Gone are those days! I have had some low sodium vanilla icecream for dessert. Chocolate, I have had some in the 2WW - small amount. Cookies - no (salt/sugar). But you could bake some with baking equal maybe? Get creative in the kitchen and push the limits. If you can just make some changes to your regular diet and cut out the forbidden stuff, then that will surely help? Better than nothing! X

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
18-Jun-12 6:28 pm

is there a difference between diet lowering ph and taking supplements to lower ph? wouldnt they do the same thing? when is your AF due? how many dpo will you test at?

Joined 8-Apr-10

Top Poster
18-Jun-12 11:40 pm
Hearts*N*Flowers"]

is there a difference between diet lowering ph and taking supplements to lower ph? wouldnt they do the same thing? when is your AF due? how many dpo will you test at?

[/quote][quote user="Hearts*N*Flowers:

Hey hearts, the foods listed n the IG Girl diet work together to change your body chemistry - through ions, hormones, ph, nutrition - or lack of. It does a complete job. Taking supps is helpful with diet. Taking supps only is not effective enough. But I'm sure it's better than nothing! It depends how much you personally want to take swaying I guess. Last month I just waited for AF to arrive, I didn't want to test early.. AF is due approx 27th.. I will wait until 29th to test unless I see AF.. It's my birthday around then, so would be a great birthday present! Having said that, it will totally suck if it's a BFN. Sigh.. What about you? When can you test? Have you had any cramping/spotting or anything? X

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
19-Jun-12 8:42 am

That would be a great Bday present! AF is due around the 26th, my cycles arent regular, sometimes 30 sometimes 32 days. Im 7 dpo now if i calculated right, i dont have the patience to wait for AF, unless it comes early and surprises me. Instead i get the cheap tests and do it every morning lol, prolly start that in a few days lmao.  I havent had any symptoms but i didnt have any with either of my other pregnancies so who knows. I have gone grocery shopping and got more girl diet foods, i just didnt realize the scope of it when we tried last time, so im slowly getting on diet and hoping if im not prego this cycle ill have enough girl diet in me next cycle lol. Are you getting any symptoms? It just plays with your mind eh, cuz prego symptoms are same as menstrual lol

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
19-Jun-12 8:43 am

That would be a great Bday present! AF is due around the 26th, my cycles arent regular, sometimes 30 sometimes 32 days. Im 7 dpo now if i calculated right, i dont have the patience to wait for AF, unless it comes early and surprises me. Instead i get the cheap tests and do it every morning lol, prolly start that in a few days lmao.  I havent had any symptoms but i didnt have any with either of my other pregnancies so who knows. I have gone grocery shopping and got more girl diet foods, i just didnt realize the scope of it when we tried last time, so im slowly getting on diet and hoping if im not prego this cycle ill have enough girl diet in me next cycle lol. Are you getting any symptoms? It just plays with your mind eh, cuz prego symptoms are same as menstrual lol

Joined 10-Dec-11

19-Jun-12 9:26 am
The 2ww is stressful for me, too.  I had a crazy temp chart for the first half of my cycle, so I wasn't even sure that I ovulated.  However, the second half of the cycle is picture perfect.  So I'm not sure if I ovulated at all, and if I did, the temp chart shows it 3 days later than I thought it should be by cervix stuff.  Going by when I think I should have O'ed, I'm 11dpo.  But I could be only 8 dpo, or not at all if I didn't O.  So, we've cut back on following the diet quite so strictly and added in a lot more veggies.  Still keeping sodium low (probably a bit above the recommended range though), and calcium high.  Avoiding the no-no foods.  My body is feeling better so I'm hoping that if I don't get a bfp that we can still make a decent try next month with a modified diet.  I have been getting a little queasy most afternoons for the last 5 days, so I'm really trying to tell myself that it's just diet changes and not to get my hopes up for actually being pregnant yet.

Baby Bear Boy'05, Baby Bear Boy'07, Baby Bear Boy'10 - got a bfp in June, baby Baby Bear Boy #4!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Joined 9-Jun-12

Top Poster
19-Jun-12 11:05 am

Hi Jediepgrl, the 2ww is the worst lol. Kudos to you for using the temp chart. I tried that method with my first boy, as a form of birth control cuz we wanted a summer conception and instead got prego in feb lol. I found the sensitivity of it so frustrating and made results inaccurate. With going to bathroom at nite or what i wore to bed or ate or drink. It was hard to get accurate results. Im using OPK now to chart O lol. When is your AF due? Will you test before it? They prego symptoms mimic menstrual so its so hard to know which is what lol. Are you using lime douche and monitoring pH? 

Joined 14-Feb-11

19-Jun-12 11:33 pm

DH and I had a "moment" this month, we weren't thinking of TTC until next month but we got caught up in the moment and it became one of those "if it happens, it happens" things. Seems like I was O'ing when we DTD so we'll see! I've been on this boy diet since March, so 3 months now, but we tried last year for 6 months with no success and then took a break from it all, so a part of me wishes this will be the month for us because I really don't think I can do another unsuccessful 6 months. It was emotionally and mentally draining last time around, I don't want to feel that way again. I'm feeling great right now, but a part of me doesn't want to get my hopes ups just yet.

I haven't really had any symptoms, just cramping every once in a while, BB's feel sore, and I've had lower back pain, but I'm not making anything out of that since I know it could just as easily be related to AF (due next week). Last year I obsessed with testing, so I'm not going to buy any HPT until I'm at least a week late. I was late this month by a day for no reason at all and 4 days last month, which is VERY unlike me since I'm always on time, if not, a day early, so I'm making it a point to wait AT LEAST a full week before I test. It won't be easy, so I'm hoping that, if I'm not PG, that AF doesn't make me wait too long! LOL

GL to everyone!! 

Baby Girl 2008 Baby Girl 2010....coming soon Baby Girl July 2013
Page: of 3