Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Please help!!!??

Joined 13-Jun-12

13-Jun-12 8:49 pm
So I am new to all of this. I have 2 boys and would love a little girl! I was going to go by the Chinese gender chart then I ordered shettles book. Now coming on here, most of you goe against both lol! Anywho, I am sort of out of the loop with all these terms and abbreviations! What in lay mans terms is the o+12 and abstinence versus frequent, I am so confused and I want to get a good handle on this so I can ttc soon! Thanks ladies, I truly appreciate it!

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

13-Jun-12 9:18 pm
Hi and welcome! First shettles was proven wrong due to the fact that speed and longevity of sperm are equal for both sexes plus a ton of ladies have shettles opposites!! Ok O+12 I'd where you and DH DTD (do the deed) approximately 12 hours after you ovulate. You should be checking you cervix to see any changes and cervical mucous to see if or when it goes from a stretchy egg white consistency to a creamy one. The "girl" diet is foods that are acidic, you can find all of those foods and supplements for you and your husband in the girl TTC forum and it wil also explain a lot of information to you. Timing intercourse is least important when trying for a gender but ph an diet have great influence. Basically you want your DH to have a low sperm count when you do you attempt, as males require a lot of nutrition from the get go, so having a low ph and DH having low sperm count will help increase girl chances. You can try and lower his count by either having him abstain for more than 7 days, the longer the better, or havin him release frequently. Here is where it gets tricky.. Most believe that you should ONLY make one attempt and if you chose to have him frequently release it needs to be outside of your body, so you don't have extra sperm waiting for the egg. I got my girls from frequent sex, multiple times per day, for two weeks straight which in my opinion keeps so much built up it keeps count low and harms male sperm which is why this time when trying for a boy we only had sex once, but we were following boy rules. So whichever you chose you need to feel good about it and not have regrets. I hope this helped good luck! Oh and read the FAQ it's awesome!
"She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.." 1 Samuel 1:27

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 13-Jun-12

13-Jun-12 9:25 pm
Hi and thank you so much for responding! I am so glad I found this site! Women who don't even know each other but trying to help is so great! Did you do the o+12? My two sons, if I remember right, though not swaying at the time, we're conceived right around ovulation and without frequent intercourse. Though, I can't account for my hubby in the shower etc lol! Just out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Chinese gender chart? I found one on chinesegenderchartinfo.com and both my boys were right but some people are skeptical!

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

13-Jun-12 9:40 pm
Ive never done any swaying for a girl! I was hoping both my daughters would be sons, but didn't know about swaying then. This was our only sway and we did the boy sway, so we DTD the day before or right on O. I hope it works!! Also with the gender chart, I think it's a lucky shot. Iean it's 50/50 so it's bound to be right for a lot of people. Also you have to make sure you are calculating your lunar year which is your Chinese age not your current age and that gets very confusing! But that is only my opinion!
"She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails.." 1 Samuel 1:27

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 13-Jun-12

13-Jun-12 10:03 pm
Thank you and hoping for a boy for you!!!!

Joined 2-Feb-12

Top Poster
14-Jun-12 7:10 am
Pdsrn- i just did it and have 3girls.....says i have all boys with their calculations! GL although this one if im pg sayz girl......mb its opposite for me? lol

Joined 14-Feb-11

14-Jun-12 11:50 pm
I didn't know about swaying back when I had my girls, I only knew about timing and -just for fun- tried to follow the Chinese gender chart with DD2 hoping for a boy....obviously it didn't work! LOL When I found this site, a lot of the info they had on diet and PH made complete sense since I had a VERY girl friendly diet with both my girls: a lot of dairy and very little to no sodium or red meat, and so those are the two factors I am focusing on the most. There's a ton of info on here and some of it can be overwhelming and confusing, so my advice is you research as much as you can (I like reading through the sway attemps, both the ones that have succeeded and not) and make a plan for yourself to follow. Find something you will be comfortable with and  take it from there. GL!!
Baby Girl 2008 Baby Girl 2010....coming soon Baby Girl July 2013

Joined 13-Jun-12

15-Jun-12 1:13 pm
Thanks to all you ladies for the advice!!

Joined 5-Dec-10

19-Jun-12 3:40 am

How about check out this poll result! 

Page: of 1