Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

My VIOLET has a STEM :(

Joined 1-Jan-10

Top Poster
6-Jun-12 8:13 am

Please please please share with me why a 27 month gap is a good thing....and how a boy after a girl is ideal. at least humor me please haha. Im totally freaking out between gender and 27 month gap. my poor little girl is going to hate me :(

My amazing daughter 7/7/10

And her EQUALLY amazing brother 10/9/12

Expecting a sister!!!! 11/5/14

Joined 5-Feb-12

6-Jun-12 9:38 am

Why do you feel your little girl is going to hate you?

Apologies, but what's the correlation between the gap and gender?

x

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Jun-12 10:44 am
my daughter just turned 12 months and im having a boy soon i hope. yes its going to be tough but im up for a challange. plus maybe all these contractions will stop.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little born sept 4th!!

Joined 15-Oct-09

6-Jun-12 10:59 am
my two littlest are 24 months 3 weeks apart. i had a girl after a boy (three boys actually) and they are THE best of friends. they hold hands in the car, he sings to her all the time, he teaches her things, she puts up with his intense and immense love for her, they fight daily like siblings do, but they also are inseparable. gender doesnt really mean much to kids, if they (and you) forge a healthy and happy bond, it's an awesome thing to watch and experience. he just turned 2 when she was born, way too little to really understand, and the first thing he said to her when he met her for the first time was, aww, cuuute. it was the most beautiful thing i've ever seen, that instant bond. he held her while they were both on my lap and he studied everything about her. he'd touch her face, then touch his own...he touched her ear, then touched his own. it's crazy and it's non-stop busy, but it's awesome. :D
http://lbdf.lilypie.com/a2pCm4.png
                             Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby BoyBaby Girl

Joined 29-Jan-11

6-Jun-12 11:04 am

I have a boy (4) and a girl (2) with 26 months apart and they play great together and it was never any envy from my son he don't remember a time without his baby sister:)

Baby Boy07 Baby Girl09

Joined 7-Sep-09

6-Jun-12 11:10 am

My son and daughter are two years, six days apart, and they play all the time - and they play very well together.  Not sure why your daughter is going to hate you......I'm sure she probably does not care!!!

Boys are so easy, you will be amazed.

Joined 14-Jun-10

Top Poster
6-Jun-12 12:01 pm
My oldest 2 are 2 years apart and my younger 2 are 3 years apart. The older 2 play together all the time, they fight like cats and dogs but my son never wanted to do anything without his big sister. And my younger 2 are so close the baby gives her hugs and kisses all the time, he loves his big sister. And she does fairly well being careful with him and she loves to make him laugh. I don't think your daughter will be too mad she is still little and really won't remember it. I'm sure they will be best friends!

Baby Bear Girl-10/03 Baby Bear Boy-10/05 Baby Bear Girl-11/07 and finally Baby Bear Boy 10/26/10.... my family is complete!

I love my kids no matter how much they drive me insane...

Joined 6-Jun-09

6-Jun-12 12:19 pm

My son and daughter are 25 months apart and BEST friends. Of course I did have a boy first and then a girl, but they are just best buddies. I am now having another boy and there will be a 31 month age gap and I think she is going to adore her baby brother too. Of course, I did kind of hope she would get a little sister....but she loves her big brother more than anyone in the world and I think she is going to love her baby brother just the same.

Mama to: Ethan (6), Madison (4), and Landon (20 months)

Joined 4-Feb-10

Top Poster
6-Jun-12 1:08 pm
prettierworld:
my two littlest are 24 months 3 weeks apart. i had a girl after a boy (three boys actually) and they are THE best of friends. they hold hands in the car, he sings to her all the time, he teaches her things, she puts up with his intense and immense love for her, they fight daily like siblings do, but they also are inseparable. gender doesnt really mean much to kids, if they (and you) forge a healthy and happy bond, it's an awesome thing to watch and experience. he just turned 2 when she was born, way too little to really understand, and the first thing he said to her when he met her for the first time was, aww, cuuute. it was the most beautiful thing i've ever seen, that instant bond. he held her while they were both on my lap and he studied everything about her. he'd touch her face, then touch his own...he touched her ear, then touched his own. it's crazy and it's non-stop busy, but it's awesome. :D
That is just the cutest thing!

Baby Girl (2010)... Baby Girl #2 Due July 3, 2013

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
6-Jun-12 1:13 pm

Lots of reasons, here a few that come to mind:

1) Your daughter is less likely to feel left out after the baby arives I think, because girls naturally get more attention because of all the bows and ruffles, so when people stop to admire your new baby boy, they will likely say something about your daughter as well. 

2) I also think that if your daughter is nurturing like some little girls are, she will thrive on having a baby brother.  I mean,  hello LIVE BABY DOLL!!! lol

3) Both of your children will each get to explore both 'boy toys' and 'girl toys' whereas they may not if they were the same gender.  No one will question your dd playing with cars or your ds playing with barbies since you have one of each and the toys are naturally available.

4) As far as the age gap, with two girls you might (notice I said might) get more competition over things like clothes, makeup, boys, etc than having a girl and  boy so close in age.  

5) I think 27 months is a good age difference because it may be easier for them to bond and play together.   Also, they will attend the same schools at the same time so they will have each other.  

6) As they grow older, they will have one another to share their feeling with and get the other gender's opinion.  For example, your dd can share her boy problems and your ds can shed light on why her bf might be acting the way he is from a boy's perspective and vice versa.

My friend has twin girls who weren't even 2 when their baby brother was born and they are doing great.  They love helping Mom give him a bath and they get their little baby dolls and pretend to nurse while mommy nurses baby brother.  

I was a big sister and I adored my little brother.  I WANTED a little brother as a matter of fact and I just knew he was a boy the minute my mom told me she was pregnant.

I do understand your fears of adding another baby so soon, though.  It's scary when you add a new baby when you feel like your older child still needs you.  I felt the same way adding ds2 even though ds1 was 7!!!  I was so worried that ds2 would make ds1 feel like he wasn't important anymore and/or that he wasn't getting enough attention, but it wasn't that way.  I was amazed at how well he just fit right in and how my heart grew more than I knew it could to include just as much love for my new son as I had for my first son.  I was amazed.  However, even knowing ALL of that from expereince, I STILL worry about adding another child because of the very same reasons.  It's natural to feel that way.  Your natural inclination is to nurture and provide for the children you have and a new baby can sometimes look like a threat to that relationship.  Try not to worry and enjoy your pregnancy.  You will fall head over heals in LOVE with that little boy once he gets here.  Boys are so precious, snuggly, and sweet!  He will be the apple of your eye just like your dd is now. 

GL!  I'm looking forward to hearing you gush over how much you love that little guy and how much your dd loves her baby brother after he's born!

Joined 8-Feb-12

6-Jun-12 7:07 pm
My son is 29 months older than his sister. He had a tough time accepting her at first, but now they are the best of friends. My daughter will be 20 months when DS#2 arrives and she is thrilled with the idea of a "bebe" in Mummy's tummy for her to "help" care for. It will all work out.

Very blessed

Joined 2-Jan-10

Top Poster
6-Jun-12 8:29 pm
I seriously doubt your daughter will hate you.  She will be happy to have a little brother!  I know alot of people who have a boy after a girl, and I do love the whole big sister-little brother dynamic.  Also, I personally think that 27 months is perfect.  You are not waiting too long where they won't grow up together.  You are also not having them too close, where they are both babies at once.  Any first child may feel possessive of their parents when they get a sibling; but before long, they cannot remember their lives without them.  :-)

Baby Bear Boy Our little suprise!  Baby Bear Girl High Tech Born and here! May 9, 2011 ~Thank you GIVF, IG and thank you God!~ Read my blog    igsadierose@gmail.com

Angels DO walk this Earth.  I believe in the power of Pray 100%!!   "The temptation to quite will be the greatest just before you are about to succeed"--Chinese Proverb 

Joined 3-Jan-11

7-Jun-12 12:09 am

April 2011 Baby Girl as sweet as can be, and another bundle of joy due May 2013.  Wish me Good Luck Clover for Baby Boy

Joined 30-Sep-11

7-Jun-12 2:17 am

islandmeadow:

Lots of reasons, here a few that come to mind:

1) Your daughter is less likely to feel left out after the baby arives I think, because girls naturally get more attention because of all the bows and ruffles, so when people stop to admire your new baby boy, they will likely say something about your daughter as well. 

2) I also think that if your daughter is nurturing like some little girls are, she will thrive on having a baby brother.  I mean,  hello LIVE BABY DOLL!!! lol

3) Both of your children will each get to explore both 'boy toys' and 'girl toys' whereas they may not if they were the same gender.  No one will question your dd playing with cars or your ds playing with barbies since you have one of each and the toys are naturally available.

4) As far as the age gap, with two girls you might (notice I said might) get more competition over things like clothes, makeup, boys, etc than having a girl and  boy so close in age.  

5) I think 27 months is a good age difference because it may be easier for them to bond and play together.   Also, they will attend the same schools at the same time so they will have each other.  

6) As they grow older, they will have one another to share their feeling with and get the other gender's opinion.  For example, your dd can share her boy problems and your ds can shed light on why her bf might be acting the way he is from a boy's perspective and vice versa.

You are awesome Islandmeadow! I love all these points!

I have a 3.5 year old DD and a 4 month old DS. She could not give two hoots about his gender - she loves him. It was me who was sad for her not getting a sister, she couldnt care less! Now seeing them together I couldnt imagian it any other way.

I love that my DD is still the only girl in the family, as will DS be the only boy. She wont have to share some of her toys and neither will he. She is my best girls, and he is my best boy Happy

a gorgoeus Baby Girl and a little Baby Boy Heart I'll never let you go xxx

Joined 1-Jan-10

Top Poster
7-Jun-12 12:49 pm
You are all wonderful! Thank you sooooo much for the kind reassuring words!

My amazing daughter 7/7/10

And her EQUALLY amazing brother 10/9/12

Expecting a sister!!!! 11/5/14

Page: of 2