Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

After having 3 boys who has went on to have a girl????

Joined 3-Oct-11

30-May-12 2:47 pm
I, like a lot of the ladies on here have 3 young boys, 4,3 & 4 months. I have posted here a few times so won't repeat myself with all the details about how desperate i am. Basically what i wanted to know was.....for all you mums out there who have three sons who has went on to have a fourth child and who had a fourth boy and who got their girl???? Im from the uk so gender selected is illegal. I honestly don't feel that I can live my life without a daughter but don't want to risk another boy. While i adore my children i always just wanted a girl and money is so tight. If you did get your girl.....did you sway....and if so what sway? Thanks in advance x

Joined 24-Aug-11

30-May-12 3:51 pm
littlelads , i could have written your post , i'm also a mum to three boys 6,4 and 1. and would really love a girl i'm attempting to sway this month or next. but i'm doubtful that i will be successful . from what i have read so far i think diet seems to most important but the thing i think i will struggle this most lol ! i didn't sway at all with my other children , 1st was an shock pregnancy and the other two i'm almost positive i conceived on the day i ov. So plan on doing ov + 12. are you planning on swaying ?

Joined 3-Oct-11

30-May-12 4:32 pm
We have had to try with all 3 of ours. I took almost a year with my first and looking back i always knew when i was ovulating so if the shettles theory is to be believed then that would explain why i have three boys. I am only 26 so time is on my side but 3 is so hard. I work evenings and weekends and run my own business on top of that. My boys are wild too, constantly fighting and wrestling. The thought of another fills me with horror. I have dodgy hormones and since 11 i have had bad periods and acne. I am wondering if its something to do with how much testosterone i have lol! I just dont know what to do. I cant talk to anyone about this apart from hubby. Its a secret longing. What if i sway and fail? Ill be utterly devastated. This is the reason for the post. I want to see how many people were successful and by what method

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
30-May-12 7:28 pm

I am not in this situation myself but I know a few people who had a girl after three boys.  One friend in particular did not sway cause it was supposedly a surprise pregnancy.  I understand where you are coming from, if this one turns out a to be a boy, I wont' know what to do.  Pretty much we are done having kids after that, we live in an apt and don't have the space or money for anymore.  However if I could guaranteed get a girl I would find a way to do it.

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 30-Mar-12

30-May-12 7:32 pm

My parents had 3 boys then a girl. I talked to an aunt yesterday who told me my mom swayed for me and maybe I should try it (after I told her this baby is boy 3). I've never asked my mom about it and she never mentioned it. It was 30 years ago, I'm not sure what all she did. Maybe I will ask her although I'm starting to get REALLY annoyed with the idea of swaying. 

Baby Boy02/2008 Baby Boy11/2009 Baby Boy10/2012

Joined 29-Mar-10

30-May-12 7:43 pm

Sorry I had 3 boys and went on to have 3 more I know another mum with 5 boys and one with 4 boys just off the top of my head also know a woman who had 2 boys then a girl, one with 5 girls one with 3 girls then a boy my point is doesnt really matter what everyone else has you'll hve what you are supposed to.

Baby Boy2001 died 12th June 2011 aged 9 from cancer wish he got to meet his baby brother Baby Boy2003 Baby Boy2005 Baby Boy 2007 Baby Boy2010  Baby Boy#6 aug 2011 #7 Baby Bear Girl due september 2013 whoo hoo finally getting my daughter

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - Personal picture

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
30-May-12 10:21 pm

My paternal grandparents had 4 boys then a girl.

Megan

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
30-May-12 11:25 pm
My hubby is boy # 3 and he has one younger sister.
Baby Boy 2006  Baby Boy 2008  Baby Girl 2010

Blessed with 4 <3

Joined 21-Jan-10

Top Poster
30-May-12 11:32 pm
I just gave birth to my 4th little man and am sooo in love :) I know of at least 5 other moms off the top of my head in my personal circle whom also have 4 boys.  It seems that on this board over the past few months a lot of ladies have been having a girl after 3 boys though. Good luck xx.

Hearts 

Joined 24-Aug-11

31-May-12 1:38 am
i personally am trying to think if and when i get pg , to just force myself to think it it's a boy until i find out otherwise i am not sure if i believe completely in swaying. i get excited when i read the ttc girl sways then when you come onto the gd forum it seems it not really that successful. i am with you on the constant fighting and winding each other up , mine drive me round the twist but on the other hand they are all very loving ( well toward me anyway lol ! )

Joined 31-Mar-11

Top Poster
31-May-12 2:17 am
That's what i am asking myselft too, but time is not on my side, i am 35, and my last boy is now still a baby....i doubt i will dare to sway, what if i dont get my girl, then i will have another boy, who i will love i am sure, but this hole in my heart longing for a daughter will be even stronger....but on the other hand if i dont do my "last try" may be i should always regret in life when my maternal age to conceive is gone....it is hard, i know....

Baby Bear Boy2008, Baby Bear Boy 2010, Baby Bear Boy 2012 ... i love my boys, but is this the end of the road for me, or would i try again for a mother-daughter dream to come true?

The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of the parents.  (C.G.Jung)

Joined 11-Sep-11

31-May-12 2:24 am

Well my 4th was another boy.....then our 5th was a girl!!Happy Smile   We swayed for our 5th....Shettles, diet, as well as shallow penetration, hot bath for hubby,,,,not many fans of swaying on here, but I can only go by my own experience, so I am a firm believer!!  There are many many families out there who have a girl after 3 boys....Best of luck, I hope your little girl arrives for you soon! Hearts

Baby Bear Boy 1998  Baby Bear Boy  2001  Baby Bear Boy  2005  Baby Bear Boy  2008 ............Four handsome, wonderful Boys !!!!

and then.....finally.......Baby Bear Girl   Our Darling Daughter joined our family, October 2010 !!! Hearts

.:: tammy ::.

Joined 25-Aug-10

31-May-12 11:13 am

I had 3 boys - and then a surprise pregnancy turned out to be a girl.  I had myself convinced, until nub shots and confirmation ultrasounds, that it was Boy #4.  What a surprise all around - it IS possible!

Baby Bear Boy ('97) Baby Bear Boy ('99) Baby Bear Boy ('07) and Baby Bear Girl ('11)

Joined 22-Sep-09

Top Poster
31-May-12 12:43 pm
I delivered 5 boys (my 5th was stillborn), and now we are having a girl.  I was convinced we were having another boy.  I have had them recheck at all of my ultrasounds because it is just too hard to imagine having a girl.  It's still surreal and I have known for over a month.  I honestly didn't think my husband and I were capable of making a girl together.  With this baby I had no preference other than a heartbeat, so seeing a girl was like a cherry on top of my sundae.

Baby Boy 12/01 Baby Boy 06/03 Baby Boy 11/05 Baby Boy 01/09 & babyBaby Girl 9/12

Heartbroken Baby Boy 10-28-10

Joined 31-Mar-11

Top Poster
31-May-12 1:49 pm

Saxophonic:
I delivered 5 boys (my 5th was stillborn), and now we are having a girl.  I was convinced we were having another boy.  I have had them recheck at all of my ultrasounds because it is just too hard to imagine having a girl.  It's still surreal and I have known for over a month.  I honestly didn't think my husband and I were capable of making a girl together.  With this baby I had no preference other than a heartbeat, so seeing a girl was like a cherry on top of my sundae.

may i ask how old (approx) are you...sometimes i saw couples having a girl after many boys, and i assumed it is because they say body chemistry changes after a while...but of course that isnt true always....not so that we would be able to relay on...but sometimes may be it works...

Baby Bear Boy2008, Baby Bear Boy 2010, Baby Bear Boy 2012 ... i love my boys, but is this the end of the road for me, or would i try again for a mother-daughter dream to come true?

The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of the parents.  (C.G.Jung)

Page: of 6