Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

side effects

Joined 25-May-10

26-May-12 10:05 pm

What are the most common side effects and  not so common when taking all the meds and injections leading up to a positive pregnancy test?

material girl!

Joined 13-Jun-07

Top Poster
27-May-12 8:30 pm
the short answer is none to many! Often women report that their emotions become more up and down to erratic and others report 'little change', it depends person to person but I've found it very common on here that most experience something noticeable. First and foremost though, HT is not for the faint hearted, the rollercoaster ride, as it's often referred to, can get real bumpy, so buckle up! :)
Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy my IVF/PGD Baby Girl Check out my Blog www.in-gender.com/cs/blogs/jjn/default.aspx Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Joined 8-Dec-08

28-May-12 11:12 pm

It really depends which meds you're on.  For me it meant headaches, nausea, tiredness, dizzyness, clumsyness, moody/depression, bruising, breast tenderness, dry eyes, extreme bloating and WEIGHT GAIN.  About 13 pounds from the start of the IVF cycle to the first positive pregnancy test.

In short, the progesterone and massively enlarged ovaries means I felt really pregnant, the whole time. 

As an FYI- I don't remember every drug I was on, but here's what I do remember:

Menopur, Gonal-F, Progesterone, Estradiol, Lovenox (blood thinner), prenatals, Folgard, Lupron, and antibiotics.

Joined 25-May-10

29-May-12 6:20 pm

Thanks, I am going to start in two years and want to be sure to try and prepare and get ready and healthy as possible. So for most woman its like already being pregnant before you even are? Real nervous about the whole thing, but know the out come is worth it.

Joined 1-Apr-09

Top Poster
31-May-12 6:05 pm
jjn:
First and foremost though, HT is not for the faint hearted, the rollercoaster ride, as it's often referred to, can get real bumpy, so buckle up! :)
Ugh. That's why I'm leaning more and more towards trying to find peace and forgetting about HT (that and the $$$ of course). But then I see a baby/little girl.... Man this is HARD.

Joined 29-Dec-09

31-May-12 10:35 pm
I got real moody, bloated, and wanted to jump hubby whenever he was within 100 feet of me! Real rollercoaster ride for sure and if you don't have the emotional support behind you, it's even harder! That includes hubby, family, and the doctor!
12-5-09: IVF/PGD - Transferred Baby BoyBaby Boy - BFP 9dp5dt
1st beta:  9dp5dt = 86
2nd beta: 12dp5dt = 306
u/s : 1-04-10 Baby Boy
M/C at 12 weeks.Heartbroken

Transferred Baby BoyBaby Boy 1-20-12 BFP 4dp5dt! (could've been 3 if I'd used a FRER) 1st beta: 9dp5dt = 199! 2nd beta: 12dp5dt = 635 3rd beta: 17dp5dt = 2790 2 blighted ovums at 5W5D ~ Missed Miscarriage at 12 weeks. NOT GIVING UP! Changing ME!!!

Joined 25-May-10

1-Jun-12 4:25 pm

The whole thing has me scared s***less!!! I am only scared of all the meds and be meddled with in such an important area. I want a baby boy so bad that I ignore the fears....but I am still scared haha. My husband is real great and always there for me...I really don't want others to know other then my husband and I, anyone else keep it a private matter? 

P.S Tinksmagic, I have been follwoing your story and I just want to say that you are so courageous and inspiring with your goal, that its made me realize how bad I want this as well and that I can do it and get through it no matter what happens!

Joined 25-May-10

1-Jun-12 4:34 pm

Photo girl, I was the same way and thought " get over it you have happy healthy girls"...but the want was still there and wouldn't go away. Then I started saving money each month and would make it my "rainy day fund / open to the idea of gender selection"...and now its my gender selection fund. You can take baby steps and when it comes time to do it, you don't have to if you dont want to. 

Joined 1-Apr-09

Top Poster
2-Jun-12 12:36 pm
TwoBabysOneYorkie:

Photo girl, I was the same way and thought " get over it you have happy healthy girls"...but the want was still there and wouldn't go away. Then I started saving money each month and would make it my "rainy day fund / open to the idea of gender selection"...and now its my gender selection fund. You can take baby steps and when it comes time to do it, you don't have to if you dont want to. 

Yep, the door is not closed for us, but let's just say that with all the hurdles and the fact that I never wanted more than 2 kids (DH wanted 3 initially but now realises how much work kids are!), that door is not wide open. My first goal is to find peace after DS2 is born, to really work on myself, my perception, my self-esteem, to see the glass half-full.... and hopefully have the GD fade away But if the yearning is till very strong, then we'll consider HT. We don't have many years to ponder though.

Joined 8-Dec-08

2-Jun-12 5:39 pm

The meds themselves aren't really anything to be afraid of.  You'll build up a fear of the shot, only to do it and go "Wow.  That was it?  Pfft.  What was I so scared of?". The side effects of the meds (bloating, headaches, moodyness) are worse than taking/injecting the meds.

material girl!

Joined 13-Jun-07

Top Poster
3-Jun-12 2:07 am
mymadori:

The meds themselves aren't really anything to be afraid of.  You'll build up a fear of the shot, only to do it and go "Wow.  That was it?  Pfft.  What was I so scared of?". The side effects of the meds (bloating, headaches, moodyness) are worse than taking/injecting the meds.

Aint that the truth!!!! :)
Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy my IVF/PGD Baby Girl Check out my Blog www.in-gender.com/cs/blogs/jjn/default.aspx Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

material girl!

Joined 13-Jun-07

Top Poster
3-Jun-12 2:09 am
mymadori:

Aint that the truth!!!! :)
Page: of 1