Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Well this was unexpected...

Joined 8-Dec-08

25-May-12 3:08 pm

Hi there ladies, some of you may remember me.   Here's a short version of my story:

17 year old son, 14 year old daughter, 8 year old daughter then got tubes tied...

divorced- then married new husband... got tubes untied in April 2007 ($$)...resulted in one tube open, and one completely scarred shut.

TTC for many many cycles, added clomid, IUIx4 ($$$), found out I have blood clotting disorder and dimished ovarian reserve (high FSH, low AMH) and hubby's sperm counts and morphology are not good at all.

finally went to IVF in August 2008 ($$$$)... got pregnant and had another daughter- my husband's first (now 3 years old)

Husband desperately wants a son... had 7 frosties from previous IVF... had them thawed, 2 survived and tested via GSN ($$$)- 1 boy (abnormal) and 1 girl (normal)

Went through another IVF cycle in summer 2011 ($$$$$)... got 5 embryos, all 5 normal, all 5 girls.   No transfer.  A whole cheerleading squad now on ice.

This past Sunday I put a note on my calendar to call my fertility doc to schedule our next shot at getting a boy... But Tuesday, lo and behold, I took a pregnancy test and found out that after 5 stinkin' years I got pregnant on my own.  

Of course, I'm over the moon that we got pregnant on our own, but terrified that this won't be a boy...because I desperately want to be done having kids after this!

These are the only boards I felt comfortable sharing my feelings on...I know i'm safe here.

First beta was Wednesday- 44

Second was today - 125

But my progesterone was really low- 8.5 as of Wednesday, so I'm on progesterone now.  

This is going to be like the longest 11 weeks of my life (before i can go get a 3d ultrasound and find out the gender)!

I'm off to try to catch up on everyone else here.

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
25-May-12 4:03 pm
Oh wow congrats on your pregnancy!

Thank You God and Our Lady!

Abbey Speaks Nalls's photo.

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1m.lilypie.com/CUgKm6.png[/img][/url]

Sad Flower  12/2012 & 02/2013

Joined 8-Dec-08

26-May-12 2:39 pm

Thank you! 

I forgot to add, that after my reversal I was left with only one tube.  This is crazy.  

Lord, please let this be our son.  

Joined 15-Apr-08

Top Poster
26-May-12 2:52 pm

O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe this!! This is incredible! I remember when you cycled, then again I've been on here forever probably going for a record for cycles and BFNs.. lol... Can I ask your age?? I can only imagine your anxiety, I hope that is your son!!! Pray

Baby Boy IVF=Baby Boy NF1   PGD to test for NF1 and Gender August 2010 Transferred 1 Baby Girl= BFN
#2 IVF/PGD Nov 2010= No Unaffected Females to Transfer  No Unaffected Males to Freeze  # 3= May 2011 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 1 to  Batch with Next Cycle # 4= June 2011- Transferred 3 Baby GirlBaby Girl= BFN  Cycle# 5= September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Baby Girl- BFN  Cycle # 6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred   Baby Girl Baby GirlBaby Girl-BFN Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred Six Baby GirlJuly 2012 Cycle #8 Transferred Baby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby Girl- BFN--WTF! October 2012 Cycle #9 Transferred Baby GirlBaby Girl- Beta 13 Chemical Pregnancy...

January 2013 New RE- SIRM-NY- April- Transferred 2  Baby GirlBaby Girl Blasts & 2Baby Girl Baby Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!!!!!

My first attempt for a NF1- free Baby Girl= http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/182346/1771501.aspx#1771501                      Jany1025@aol.com

Joined 8-Dec-08

26-May-12 3:04 pm

I remember you too...seems like forever.  Looks like you've gotten lots of girls - I'm sorry to see it hasn't worked for you yet.  That hydrosalpingx can very well be the culprit.  Will you be doing another cycle?  Any more frosties?  

I am 34, will be 35 in November.  

I am hoping and praying that my husband will just agree that boy or girl, this is it...  I always knew I wanted two kids, figured I'd be okay with three, and knew darned good and well I didn't want four.  Here I am with four, a fifth on the way...and if it's not a boy...EEEEEK!

Joined 8-Dec-08

26-May-12 4:40 pm

I have to admit, I thought by posting in the high tech section of this board that I was posting somewhere that other women who have gone to the same extent I have (or who would like to) would post.  As an FYI, the "rejected embryos" are on ice, not discarded, and perhaps will be transferred someday, or possibly, maybe, even donated to a couple who have prayed for and dreamed of a child of their own.  

Though I do not believe in life destiny, I do believe in God, and I am certain that you're right, I will get what I'm meant to have.   He works in mysterious ways, as evidenced by this miraculous turn in a crazy journey. Happy Wink

Joined 29-Sep-08

Top Poster
26-May-12 7:27 pm
I think it's fantastic and the most unexpected is often the most fun of adventures...perhaps this will work out perfectly for all. Best wishes to you. Karma

Baby Bear BoyBaby Boy

First attempt IVF: BFN.

Second attempt BFP!: transferred one hatching blast day ..one sent to freeze. 

9dp5dt beta 214, 11dp5dt beta 615

Both done in Guadalajara MX at Instituto Vida

material girl!

Joined 13-Jun-07

Top Poster
27-May-12 8:33 pm
Congrats on your natural cycle!!! Sending you mountains of BLUE DUST!!!!
Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Boy my IVF/PGD Baby Girl Check out my Blog www.in-gender.com/cs/blogs/jjn/default.aspx Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Joined 4-Oct-11

Gold

Gold Membership

27-May-12 9:02 pm
mymadori:

I have to admit, I thought by posting in the high tech section of this board that I was posting somewhere that other women who have gone to the same extent I have (or who would like to) would post.  As an FYI, the "rejected embryos" are on ice, not discarded, and perhaps will be transferred someday, or possibly, maybe, even donated to a couple who have prayed for and dreamed of a child of their own.  

Though I do not believe in life destiny, I do believe in God, and I am certain that you're right, I will get what I'm meant to have.   He works in mysterious ways, as evidenced by this miraculous turn in a crazy journey. Happy Wink

I total agree with mymadori, this is a sacred place where we women who have feelings that can not be aired freely anywhere else with out judgement are FREE to feel, post and do as we legally please. I too never thought I could possibly create embryos to only freeze them for another purpose all due to the gender of these little bunches of CELLS. But with 3 boys and only one last chance to get my princess/princesses I too will freeze any male embryos. I have every intention of donating them to couples that wish to try IVF and can not produce their own embryos but I do not see this as REJECTION or being DISCARDED I see this as these male embryos will have every chance that the females did but in another womb somewhere else in the country or even world. I love my beautiful boys and I am sure if anyone else was to bring any more of my boys in to this world they would love them the same if not more for the simple fact they had to try so hard to get them. I have had many a feelings since being told my last boy was a BOY @ 19 weeks gestation and I myself have been ashamed of some of my own thoughts and feelings. I and everyone else on this site has the rights to be safe here and not be ashamed the good old 'if you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything at all' comes in to play.. WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER. Oh and congrats to mymadori on the pregnancy I hope your little soldier is baking away.

Joined 29-Dec-09

27-May-12 10:41 pm
Congrats!!! That's encouraging to hear that you were able to do it on your own! Sending boy dust your way! :)

Will keep an eye out for your posts!

12-5-09: IVF/PGD - Transferred Baby BoyBaby Boy - BFP 9dp5dt
1st beta:  9dp5dt = 86
2nd beta: 12dp5dt = 306
u/s : 1-04-10 Baby Boy
M/C at 12 weeks.Heartbroken

Transferred Baby BoyBaby Boy 1-20-12 BFP 4dp5dt! (could've been 3 if I'd used a FRER) 1st beta: 9dp5dt = 199! 2nd beta: 12dp5dt = 635 3rd beta: 17dp5dt = 2790 2 blighted ovums at 5W5D ~ Missed Miscarriage at 12 weeks. NOT GIVING UP! Changing ME!!!

Joined 8-Dec-08

28-May-12 11:08 pm

Thank you everyone for your support!

Most of the time, I'm feeling happy that we got here all on our own...some of the time I am worried about the 10-15% ectopic risk that comes with a post-tubal reversal pregnancy...and every once in a while I panic at the thought of the 15-16 week ultrasound.

My family of 6 is headed on a vacation to Cancun at the end of next week.  The doc has offered me an ultrasound before we leave so we can put our minds at ease that it's not ectopic... but I'll only be about 5 weeks and 5 days, so I'm afraid we won't see anything and I'll be terrified the whole time we're out there.  I told them I may want to wait until we return, which of course is on a weekend, meaning I'd be 7 weeks by the time we get in for an ultrasound and should see a heartbeat.  

I am sure we'll be fine either way, but I have to admit... when I know 6 of 7 embryos we tested were girls, plus our daughter, which means 7 out of 8 embryos we've made were girls...it makes me...nauseated.  Or is that the early pregnancy symptoms kicking in?  LOL!

Joined 29-Dec-09

29-May-12 10:43 am
My best advice: Go on vacation, DON'T WORRY!!! Enjoy your time with your family!!!

Don't fret over the amount of girls, despite my Drs saying it's still 50/50 and a bunch of other crap, I believe what hubby eats or doesn't eat has a huge impact on what you get. My hubby had maca root powder for 6 weeks prior to our ER and I got 5 out of 6 boys!!! (We'll be making sure he stays on that for the next 6 months, lol!!!)

Transferred Baby BoyBaby Boy 1-20-12 BFP 4dp5dt! (could've been 3 if I'd used a FRER) 1st beta: 9dp5dt = 199! 2nd beta: 12dp5dt = 635 3rd beta: 17dp5dt = 2790 2 blighted ovums at 5W5D ~ Missed Miscarriage at 12 weeks. NOT GIVING UP! Changing ME!!!

Joined 15-Oct-10

Top Poster
30-May-12 10:18 am

mymadori:

I'm guessing there must have been an ugly post that has since been deleted from the forum, but I will respond by saying you are CORRECT! This IS and SHOULD ALWAYS REMAIN a forum where women who have chosen this route for their personal and private family planning purposes can come to feel safe in sharing their feelings. Sadly, the world is not a place where this is possible and I thank God all the time for IG because otherwise I would probably be in a nut-house by now. This forum and others were here for me in ways that no one else in my "real life" was willing to be.

And as a woman who would be ECSTATIC to receive donated female embryos - I commend you!! I will never understand why some do not agree with the decision to freeze rather than discard - there are so many families out there who desire a girl/boy (the opposite of what another family may want) who cannot afford or are unwilling to "select" through HT that would otherwise be willing to adopt or accept donated embryos.  But that's just me! I don't have to understand someone's decision to respect it.....doesn't mean it's wrong - just not for me. To each her own! My husband and I actually decided not to go HT, but instead adopt embryos. Sadly, though we know so many embryos are tested these days - and for gender at that - they were not willing to adopt to us if we had a gender preference.

The bottom line: no one is asking for anyone to make this or that decision for yourself - and for those that choose to discard - the same logic applies. We are each on this journey for various reasons. Why judge each other when we are here at IG for the mere fact of being judged by the outside world? It's craziness!! 

hoping for a Baby Girl someday

Joined 15-Oct-10

Top Poster
30-May-12 10:22 am

Oh! and CONGRATULATIONS mymadori!! Be thrilled not stressed. I've read that HT favors girls (not sure how reliable that is), so maybe this is a boy! Keep your chin up and go soak up some sun (no pun intended) and relaxation. I'll be anxious to hear your gender scan news!!  Happy Wink

hoping for a Baby Girl someday

Joined 29-Dec-09

31-May-12 10:51 pm
I am glad I found this forum, for me, it was a consolation that I wasn't alone when I had DD#3 and went through GD HARD!!! Everyone kept telling me to be happy she was healthy and I am (even more so now that we've lost 3 boys), but you all know that feeling of heavy loss of not getting DG. It was nice to be able to aire those feelings.

As for discarding, when we worked with GIVF we were going to donate ours to infertile couples or testing, but we never got the chance. With the clinic we used here, we wanted to give our girls to 2 couples we knew but again, never got the opportunity since I had nothing viable to freeze since all of them were abnormal or unfreezable. (That's very upsetting to me).

It's a personal choice, our family was ticked that we weren't going to use them all ("but they're ALL MY GRANDCHILDREN!!!") and I wrestled with knowing someone else would be raising MY child when in theory, it should have been me! but it's not an issue for us. If in the future it is, I will probably freeze them (I can't give them away in MA apparently and my insurance company requires freezing) and figure out what to do when we get to that bridge.

Page: of 2