Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Snooki admits to having GD since finding out she is having a boy

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
23-May-12 12:11 pm
It seems even celebrities openly admit to wanting girls!! http://tv.yahoo.com/news/it-s-a-boy-for-snooki-.html

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

~*Lucky Mom*~

Joined 20-Feb-10

Top Poster
23-May-12 6:11 pm

I think it's okay in our society to be disappointed to have a boy--but not the other way around with other happenings in the world (China and India for example!!). Ugh. And little men are awesome and Snooki is NOT a celebrity (haha-to me anyway--she's a dumpy toad). Yuck

Baby GirlBaby Boy

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
23-May-12 6:24 pm
Honestly- they are ppl too so why can't they be "disappointed"?

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 7-Mar-10

Top Poster
23-May-12 7:41 pm

Canadianttc#4:
Honestly- they are ppl too so why can't they be "disappointed"?

Agree

Very blessed

Joined 2-Jan-10

Top Poster
29-May-12 8:17 pm

That's weird.  I just got my weekly US magazine a few days ago, and it said she's having a girl.   We will just have to see!  And to the OP:  if you are still breast feeding your daughter now, I am very impressed.  I just barely made it to ten months with my last, and believe me I gave it my all!  Congrats!

Baby Bear Boy Our little suprise!  Baby Bear Girl High Tech Born and here! May 9, 2011 ~Thank you GIVF, IG and thank you God!~ Read my blog    igsadierose@gmail.com

Angels DO walk this Earth.  I believe in the power of Pray 100%!!   "The temptation to quite will be the greatest just before you are about to succeed"--Chinese Proverb 

Joined 11-Jan-12

Top Poster
29-May-12 10:49 pm

lol, i am so glad you posted this!! i have been dyeing to know what she was going to have...i had a feeling it was going to be a boy! only because everyone but me seems ta be having boy's! haha, i could see why she may have GD, being that she is sooo girly so naturally would want a girl. i am the exact opposite of girly and i was handed all these daughters. crazy how the world works

Baby Bear Girl 6 Baby Bear Girl 4 Baby Bear Girl 2 Baby Bear Girl 1

Hugs VioletLove My Girl'sHugs Violet

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
29-May-12 10:53 pm
Yes she is still breast feeding! She is addicted to it actually! We has such a rough start at first with an emergency c section and then I developed sepsis and was in the icu and hospital away from her for 5 days. I didn't think we would last a week after all that and now 2 years later she is still nursing!

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
30-May-12 12:44 am

Serenity:
Yes she is still breast feeding! She is addicted to it actually! We has such a rough start at first with an emergency c section and then I developed sepsis and was in the icu and hospital away from her for 5 days. I didn't think we would last a week after all that and now 2 years later she is still nursing!

Love it!  Good for you! However, wanna talk about people and their stupid comments, try beastfeeding past 2! Or 1 for that matter. Oh my gosh, everyone & their brother (even medical professionals)  thought I was crazy.  

My sweet baby boy #2 nursed for 2 years 3 months before I finally decided to wean him.  I was so, so sad, but I knew it was time.  He still talks about 'bo bo milk'  & he's almost 3 LOL.   He was addicted too, but weaning wasn't as hard for him as I suspected.  he actually started sleeping much better after he was completely night weaned (I chose to tackle that first b/c I knew it would be the hardest). 

With ds#1, my milk supply just wasn't there, it never came in and he was starving.  I didn't have much support to ensure me that I should keep trying and I was young, so I thought my only option was to switch to bottles, ugh, still irritates me.  However, I still think to this day that something serious was going on.  I never had any pain with 'drying up' what so ever.  I think because nothing ever came in.  

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
30-May-12 12:50 am
I have had doctors tell me it's time to wean her. Luckily her regular doctor has never said a negative thing about it. My husband is pretty supportive and so are my mom and sister although my sister says " Kathryn your too big for milky" and the. Kathryn says " no I little brother big!!" but other than that no one really knows I breast feed still. I know how most people feel about it so I don't tell anyone.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

Joined 20-Aug-11

Top Poster
30-May-12 10:05 am
Can't wait for the news article, "Baby is disappointed that Snookie is its mother". Stick out tongue

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy and and a a baby Baby Bear Boy due May 30th, 2013!

Joined 17-Jan-11

Top Poster
30-May-12 10:09 am
serinity, I'm also still breast feeding my 2,5 and almost 1 year old sons!
Proud mommy of 2 wonderful little boys! would love to add a girl to our family in the future. probably with girl-diet.

Joined 17-Jan-11

Top Poster
30-May-12 10:12 am
ow and you should tell those doctors that the WHO advises at least 2 years breastfeeding and after that till both mother and child want it! and the natural weaning age is between 2 and 7! there's no reason to stop hun! Good job!
Proud mommy of 2 wonderful little boys! would love to add a girl to our family in the future. probably with girl-diet.

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
30-May-12 10:51 am

Tammie78:
ow and you should tell those doctors that the WHO advises at least 2 years breastfeeding and after that till both mother and child want it! and the natural weaning age is between 2 and 7! there's no reason to stop hun! Good job!

I did tell various doctors this very thing as well as all kinds of other things that clearly show that extended breastfeeding is beneficial, and of course, they just turned up their noses and came up with several reasons why this was not relevant in the U.S.  Even respected doctors & nutritionists from the Children's Hospital in my state recommended that I stop.  I was disappointed in their close mindedness. 

Luckily, my doctor & my son's pediatrician supported my extended breastfeeding.   One of the best decisions I ever made was to breastfeed my child as long as I did.  I am so glad I did.

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
30-May-12 10:53 am

BellaVita:
Can't wait for the news article, "Baby is disappointed that Snookie is its mother". Stick out tongue

Happy ROFL  

Joined 7-Sep-09

30-May-12 11:24 am

Whoa, boy would I get it from your doctor/friends etc.!  I breastfed my last until her fourth birthday, and even then my doctor told me to not stop and told me to tell my husband to butt out!  I don't tell too many people that, mostly other mothers like you guys who understand!  I hate people who feel the need to tell you when 'you' should stop breastfeeding, as if it's any of their business!!!

My little one still misses it and talks about it, even though it was only a night time thing!  I would have been strung up by some people for that, or that I 'couldn't let go', another famous excuse these people have.  Drives me crazy!  I would have happily stopped her at 2 but she loved it, what was I going to do?  I agree, WHO says til age 2, anything after that is a bonus!

Page: of 2