Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Why do I torture myself thinking the next one could be my DG

Joined 30-Apr-12

22-May-12 3:32 pm

ok I know that for each pregnancy the chances are supossedly 50/50 but why do I feel like the next one (my fourth) could have a higher chance to be my baby boy when it's obviously not the case.

Deep down in my heart I know that if I get pregnant with my fourth, the baby will be a girl too. But  I jkeep thinking, if I could just convince hubby to get prego again, we could have our baby boy. My husband is fine with our 3 girls he doesn't care about gender or so he says; I on the other hand, I'm crushed, I feel like someone's missing from our dinner table...

to make matters worse, I had lunch at my dauhgter's school and the table was full of boys from her classroom all joking around and being silly. they were hilarious! not that my girls are not but I really enjoyed seeing them goofing around.

Baby Bear Girl 2001(brainiac)  Baby Bear Girl2009(tomboy)  Baby Bear Girl2011(drama queen)  I'm in love with my girls! Happy Giggle

forever longing for my little Baby Bear Boy  The door has closed on having more children, husband is completely done. I guess it wasn't meant to be

Joined 19-May-12

22-May-12 6:15 pm

I'm in the same boat with you except the opposite gender. I had my tubes tied and now I desperately want to have them reversed to try again. I keep telling myself that number 4 will be my girl!! But, my husband has his doubts and I know he's terrified that if we do try again and it's boy #4 that I will seriously lose it.

It's so very hard.

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Tubal 2011 Maybe a Baby Bear Girl someday

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
22-May-12 6:24 pm
HopeFaithDream:

I'm in the same boat with you except the opposite gender. I had my tubes tied and now I desperately want to have them reversed to try again. I keep telling myself that number 4 will be my girl!! But, my husband has his doubts and I know he's terrified that if we do try again and it's boy #4 that I will seriously lose it.

It's so very hard.

OMG I had mine tied also and regret it!!!!!!!!  Im too old to have them reversed but would in a heartbeat if I was younger. I wouldnt reverse them unless you are ok w/a ds also?? Good luckGood Luck Clover

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

Joined 19-May-12

22-May-12 6:32 pm

prayingforaprincess2010:
I wouldnt reverse them unless you are ok w/a ds also??

You know what? I honestly ask myself that question everyday. Would I be ok with DS#4? Would that be the number that would take the depression away either way? On the other hand I think to myself, I couldn't possibly have 4 boys in a row. Actually 5 boys in a row for my husband.

I just don't know if we could do it. We don't have supportive family memebers, we never have time for each other as it is, we never travel or go out on dates because we have so many little ones. I just don't know.

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Tubal 2011 Maybe a Baby Bear Girl someday

Joined 20-Aug-11

Top Poster
22-May-12 8:05 pm
CountCatula:

ok I know that for each pregnancy the chances are supossedly 50/50 but why do I feel like the next one (my fourth) could have a higher chance to be my baby boy when it's obviously not the case.

Deep down in my heart I know that if I get pregnant with my fourth, the baby will be a girl too. But  I jkeep thinking, if I could just convince hubby to get prego again, we could have our baby boy. My husband is fine with our 3 girls he doesn't care about gender or so he says; I on the other hand, I'm crushed, I feel like someone's missing from our dinner table...

to make matters worse, I had lunch at my dauhgter's school and the table was full of boys from her classroom all joking around and being silly. they were hilarious! not that my girls are not but I really enjoyed seeing them goofing around.

Can I ever so relate to you.  I feel like having a girl is *impossible* for me and that the odds just aren't in my favor.  When I fantasize about hearing, "It's a girl", buying girl clothes, shopping for a wedding dress, etc. I convince myself that it's nothing more than a dream (sort of like fantasizing about winning the lotto, lol).  I wish I wouldn't torture myself with the possibilty of having a daughter, but I can't help it.  I was baby shopping the other day for a girl due in August (which was super fun!), but I kept eyeballing the boy stuff thinking, "I'll be back soon to that section for my own".  You said it perfectly about feeling like someone's missing from the dinner table -- it's not about what I have, but what's missing.

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy and and a a baby Baby Bear Boy due May 30th, 2013!

Joined 30-Mar-12

22-May-12 8:38 pm

CountCatula:

Gender switched, that's exactly how I feel now. It feels like it HAS to be a girl next time because the percentage of single gender families drops with each additional child and I can't possibly be one of them. Then I look around here and see how many do have large, single gender families and know that it would be me, too. Ever since my oldest was a baby I would see families with 3 boys and think that'll be me someday. 

Baby Boy02/2008 Baby Boy11/2009 Baby Boy10/2012

Joined 11-Jan-12

Top Poster
22-May-12 11:27 pm

Well I have to say my mind was in the same place as yours, I thought well I already have 3 girls the 4th HAS to be a boy!!! It just feels right, well……baby girl #4 is due in 2 weeks! My thoughts have now changed and I now wonder if my husband is even capable of producing me with a son. I wonder if you have 3 or more of the same genders do you chances of having that same gender the next baby increase or decrease?? Or is it still 50/50?? Maybe I should make another post asking the ladies Happy

Baby Bear Girl 6 Baby Bear Girl 4 Baby Bear Girl 2 Baby Bear Girl 1

Hugs VioletLove My Girl'sHugs Violet

Joined 3-Aug-09

Top Poster
23-May-12 7:23 am
mama.mancusi:

Well I have to say my mind was in the same place as yours, I thought well I already have 3 girls the 4th HAS to be a boy!!! It just feels right, well……baby girl #4 is due in 2 weeks! My thoughts have now changed and I now wonder if my husband is even capable of producing me with a son. I wonder if you have 3 or more of the same genders do you chances of having that same gender the next baby increase or decrease?? Or is it still 50/50?? Maybe I should make another post asking the ladies Happy

Somewhere on this site there are stats for this. It is basically pretty much 50/50. If you have 3 boys I think your chance of having a girl is very slightly less, but like 46.6% rather than exactly 50, and if you have 3 girls your chance is actually slightly higher for having a boy next time. After you have had a boy or a girl your chance of having a boy is ever so slightly higher than having a girl. I have no idea why though, lol. My great great grandfather had 1 girl then 5 boys, and my grandfather was 1 of 2 boys, and then he had 2 girls and a boy as did my dad, so I don't really think there is a reason why some families have lots of boys/lots of girls unless there is an inherited link between sperm count.
Love my babies

Rebecca

Joined 11-Jul-07

Top Poster
23-May-12 3:56 pm
Agree with every post. I have a very large family....#16 on the way. The order is g, twin b, b, 4 girls, 2 boys, girl who passed away 22 wks, 4 boys with boy #5 in a row.... 7 with Trinity gone. You would think the odds of a girl in the last 5.... But no and why not? Has our physical chemistry changed that much dh or I? I had read here every 7 yrs, well it's been 7 yrs since Trin... But it's a boy. I don't know if or why odds are, history says we use to make girls, why not anymore. ?

Joined 30-Apr-12

23-May-12 6:38 pm
thanks for all the replies; I just have a feeling that the next one has to be a boy since I already have 3 girls in a row. Completely ridiculous logic but I keep thinking my fourth will be my boy. however I will wait until my youngest is almost out of diapers to even think about having another baby; she is only 6 months and needs me so much. So I'm thinking of maybe trying again in two years when I'm 38. I also need to get out of this GD thing because I'm almost sure I'll have a 4th daughter however I will absolutely regret not trying for my boy. At least I want to try swaying to see if it works. I'm a little depressed so I'll log out for a while, I'll stay away from FB too, a friend posted she is expecting a baby girl (she has a baby boy) and she got about 50 replies about how great she was expecting a girl and how she has now PP. When I posted I was expecting my baby girl last year I only got 5 replies congratulating us, I just need to figure this out for a while. anyways thank you all for your support mommas, so unfair how people get pregnant by accident and get the genders they want but you plan and pray and try and you get the same gender over and over again... :o(

Baby Bear Girl 2001(brainiac)  Baby Bear Girl2009(tomboy)  Baby Bear Girl2011(drama queen)  I'm in love with my girls! Happy Giggle

forever longing for my little Baby Bear Boy  The door has closed on having more children, husband is completely done. I guess it wasn't meant to be

Joined 11-Jan-12

Top Poster
23-May-12 8:26 pm
Waiting4Daisy"][quote user="mama.mancusi:

[/quote] Somewhere on this site there are stats for this. It is basically pretty much 50/50. If you have 3 boys I think your chance of having a girl is very slightly less, but like 46.6% rather than exactly 50, and if you have 3 girls your chance is actually slightly higher for having a boy next time. After you have had a boy or a girl your chance of having a boy is ever so slightly higher than having a girl. I have no idea why though, lol. My great great grandfather had 1 girl then 5 boys, and my grandfather was 1 of 2 boys, and then he had 2 girls and a boy as did my dad, so I don't really think there is a reason why some families have lots of boys/lots of girls unless there is an inherited link between sperm count.

oh wow! well i like that answer becuase im TTC Baby Bear Boy! lol but ya, i couldnt find any numbers on line when i looked so good ta see

Joined 11-Jan-12

Top Poster
23-May-12 8:28 pm

Mom2lots:
Agree with every post. I have a very large family....#16 on the way. The order is g, twin b, b, 4 girls, 2 boys, girl who passed away 22 wks, 4 boys with boy #5 in a row.... 7 with Trinity gone. You would think the odds of a girl in the last 5.... But no and why not? Has our physical chemistry changed that much dh or I? I had read here every 7 yrs, well it's been 7 yrs since Trin... But it's a boy. I don't know if or why odds are, history says we use to make girls, why not anymore. ?

wow! 16! you sure are mom to lots! how many kids in total??

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
23-May-12 8:38 pm

I am with you.  I am newly pregnant and I am dying for a girl but I just feel like I know it's gonna be another boy so why even get excited?

I would say don't have a fourth unless you are okay with the possibility of it being another girl.

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 11-Jan-12

Top Poster
23-May-12 8:41 pm
wildwooddays:

I am with you.  I am newly pregnant and I am dying for a girl but I just feel like I know it's gonna be another boy so why even get excited?

I would say don't have a fourth unless you are okay with the possibility of it being another girl.

Agree

Rebecca

Joined 11-Jul-07

Top Poster
23-May-12 9:11 pm
I have 14 living, a little girl I lost 7 yrs ago and pg with one.
Page: of 2