Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

How many tries/pregnancies are you willing to go thru to get your DG?

Joined 30-Apr-12

8-May-12 11:06 am
Ok before having kids I always wanted a large family of girls and boys, but married hubby who only wanted two, he compromised to 3. after I got pregnant with my third I said well this is my last pregnancy, thank God I'm not going to put my body through this again (it was a rough pregnancy, bed rest and all), BUT after I found out it was a baby girl I was willing to try one more time. None of my girls were attempts for a boy, but if I get pregnant a 4th time it would specifically to try for a boy which I don't think it's a good idea. However I'm getting old and I'm tired. What if get a boy but lose my sanity, what if get another girl and then want a 5th??? does it ever end??? in any case, hubby is determined to stop at 3 and I don't blame him, it's a LOT of work. But how about you??? is your husband on board with trying again and again??? Are you willing to try again and again??? also if you don't mind me asking, how old are you mommies, I turned 36 this past Feb. ******ETA: By the way when I say lose my sanity it's because I would have 4 CHILDREN, NOT because it's a boy, just to clarify.*****

Baby Bear Girl 2001(brainiac)  Baby Bear Girl2009(tomboy)  Baby Bear Girl2011(drama queen)  I'm in love with my girls! Happy Giggle

forever longing for my little Baby Bear Boy  The door has closed on having more children, husband is completely done. I guess it wasn't meant to be

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
8-May-12 11:44 am
My hubby and I always wanted 6-8 children. We are only 24 so er had lots of time, however it was me to pushed to have a 4th quickly after our 3rd because I wanted a girl so badly.

Thank You God and Our Lady!

Joined 29-Mar-10

8-May-12 11:50 am

I have to say none of my pregnancies were specifically to get a girl we just wanted a big family. I have in my head one more, I always said i would stop when I was 30 so that will be october 2013 so I could only fit one more in any way by that agenda. My mum had my sister when she was in her 30's and I dont know wether its the big age gap or the age. (there are 10 years between me and my sister) but I often thought to myself you could have been off having a life for the past 10 years instead of raising another child. I like the idea that when I hit 50 all my chidren will be grow and god sparing us all my hubby and I will be able to have a life together. Unlike my mum who was still raising my sister when I had my son. 

I would love a daughter and part of me has always thought that I was supposed to have one then again everyone probably feels that way about their DG. I think if I get pregnant again I'll opt for a casarean and getting my tubes tided regardless of gender though it is a scary prospect that my dream of having a daughter will be over. My husband has said that he'll happily keep going until I get my daughter which is great in someways but in others it's a nightmare because I fear if I got preganant with another and it was a boy I'd be tempted to try again.

The problem is I love my kids! I love being a mum I for the most part love my noisy house and am lucky in the fact we are not over crowded.

Baby Boy2001 died 12th June 2011 aged 9 from cancer wish he got to meet his baby brother Baby Boy2003 Baby Boy2005 Baby Boy 2007 Baby Boy2010  Baby Boy#6 aug 2011 #7 Baby Bear Girl due september 2013 whoo hoo finally getting my daughter

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - Personal picture

I love my boys!

Joined 6-Feb-12

Top Poster
8-May-12 1:19 pm

Personally, I wouldn't have a child for the sole purpose of hoping to get a boy or a girl.  So, we originally planned on 2 - 3 and we're sticking to that plan ;)  

I always intended to stop by the time I was 30 as well, but intertility issues have caused me to rethink that.  I am 30 now and plan to ttc this summer, so I will be at least 31 when our last baby is born.  

I understand why people get their tubes tied during c sections, but I just couldn't do it!  I know how I feel when I hold my baby and the 'remote' possibility that this precious little being is my last is enough to melt me into a puddle of tears, so I know for me, emotionally, it wouldn't be a good idea to know that I was for sure holding my very last baby!   I need to be able to live in the delusion until they hit 2 or 3 and I start to accept the idea that my baby years are over.  

Joined 5-Jan-09

8-May-12 2:36 pm
I have awful pregnancies, severe hyperemesis gravidarum so after each of my children I've always said "I can't put myself through this again" but here I am with three boys and almost 14 weeks pregnant with my fourth. We didn't really sway for a girl this time but we did DTD three days before ovulation and I avoided the big O. That's as far as our swaying went. My sickness is no where near as bad this time and I've had 100% girl guesses on my nub picture but even if this baby does turn out to be a boy then we won't be having anymore. Four children is enough for us.
Baby Boy Jan 5th 2006 Baby Boy June 29th 2009 Baby Boy July 7th 2011. Love my three boys Connor, Kyden and Zackary. Expecting a little surprise due November 9th 2012.

Joined 23-Nov-10

8-May-12 3:14 pm
We always said 3 or 4 kids, and I am 20 weeks pregnant with my 4th boy. We always wanted all girls, but we ended up with all boys. Still neither of us think we can handle more than 4 kids, so we are done! I definitely don't regret trying again for a girl, and I am not unhappy it is a boy. I will always be sad that I never had a daughter, but I would have always regretted not trying again too! At least my boys will have each other! Oh, and I will be 36 in September...right around the time my baby is due!

Baby Bear Boy2002 Baby Bear Boy2005 Heartbroken2008 Baby Bear Boy2010 Baby Bear Boy2012 I love my boys so much, but I just don't know how to ever feel complete without a daughterBaby Bear Girl, too!

Joined 30-Mar-12

8-May-12 3:26 pm

Possibly one more, but will probably be done after this regardless of gender. Before kids I wanted 4 and DH wanted 2 so we agreed on 3. By the time DS2 turned 2, I wasn't sure I wanted another. I figured we'd wait a few years and see how I felt, but knowing I probably wouldn't want to start over again. Oops, bfp. Now my yearning for a girl is coming back. I don't have the patience for a lot of kids though, a big family just isn't me. DH has said if it's a boy he'd be willing to try again but I would solely be trying in hopes of a girl. Not such a good thing, and HT is out of our price range. I just don't want to be forever angry at having boy #4 and thinking I should have stopped at 3 to save whatever is left of my sanity and not get a girl.

Plus I don't know if it's because the pregnancy wasn't planned like my boys but I'm not enjoying it like I did with theirs. I was super excited about kicks and the idea that I'd soon have a bitty baby. That excitement still hasn't hit me. Hopefully after the gender scan it will become more real. 

Baby Boy02/2008 Baby Boy11/2009 Baby Boy10/2012

Blessed with 4 <3

Joined 21-Jan-10

Top Poster
8-May-12 3:59 pm
I always wanted a big family, but when I actually started having kids I became very content with 2.  They are 10 & 8, and than we got a surprise baby in 2010, so pretty much started over.  I again became content with having the 3 as the little guy got older & easier to take care of.....and yep once again preggo again.  I had kept going back & forth on #4....but hadn't quite decided on it for sure, but I guess God made his decesion for me.  I found out that this is my 4th boy and I was pretty crushed at first and thought for sure we'd try again, but have since gotten over it and think I am going to for sure stop at 4.  I have not made up my mind 100% yet, but I think I am ready to raise the kiddos I have and enjoy life again.

Hearts 

Joined 11-Jan-12

Top Poster
8-May-12 4:18 pm

we got pregnant this 4th time around because we wanted to try for a boy, no sway or anything like that, was just counting on good ol Good Luck Clover. Turns out there was something different planned for our family because we are now going to have our 4th girl. When i was 16 weeks they told me the baby was a boy and i actually thought about getting my tubes tied after i gave birth. Now that this baby is in fact a beautiful baby girl, getting my tubes tied is out of the question. I wish I would have found this web site before I tried getting pregnant because I had never heard of doing certain home remedies to try and get the gender you want. So now that I have this knowledge id have to say “I’m going to try a sway” for #5 eventually a couple years down the road when our family is readyHappy Smile

Baby Bear Girl 6 Baby Bear Girl 4 Baby Bear Girl 2 Baby Bear Girl 1

Hugs VioletLove My Girl'sHugs Violet

Joined 4-May-09

Top Poster
8-May-12 4:44 pm
When DH and I met and got married, we had only discussed having one child. He was going into the military and I was in business school. Fast forward eight years. We are now the proud parents of four beautiful girls! Each time I was so obsessed with having a boy. If our first had been a boy, I feel 100% certain we would've stopped there. However, that wasn't the case for us. I foolishly got my tubes tied a few months back at my DH's and family's urging due to complicated pregnancies, but am now planning undergoing tubal reversal in a couple of years or IVF/PGD. DH is fully on board for IVF/PGD since it would be a guaranteed boy, but not so much the tubal reversal. Time will tell. By the time we get there, life may be so much easier that we couldn't imagine going back to the baby days. But I do feel addicted to pregnancy and miss it (as crazy as that may sound)!

Baby Girl April 2005     Baby Girl March 2007     Baby Girl October 2009     Baby Girl June 2011

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wYdptqG/]

Joined 29-Oct-08

Top Poster
8-May-12 6:09 pm
I used to say I wanted 5 or 6, but now being pg with #5 I am definitely done this time.  This pg has been horrible and I am really at my limit with the number of kids I'm taking care of as well.  I wish that life was calmer for our family, and that my pg's were easy and then I might consider 1 more shot, but as it is I'm so done.  This baby was kind of my last ditch attempt for a girl, and that's not going to happen, so I guess it's time to move on. 

Baby Boy01 Baby Boy03 Baby Boy05 Baby Boy09 Final Boy 2012

Joined 29-Mar-10

8-May-12 6:29 pm

LMAO GlutenFreegal I said exactly the same thing with my lst pregnancy never again no more I can't put myself through this. After I gave birth for the first time I said NO NEVER AGAIN yet here we are considering another once things settle down and you get into a wee routine its too easy to forget.

Baby Boy2001 died 12th June 2011 aged 9 from cancer wish he got to meet his baby brother Baby Boy2003 Baby Boy2005 Baby Boy 2007 Baby Boy2010  Baby Boy#6 aug 2011 #7 Baby Bear Girl due september 2013 whoo hoo finally getting my daughter

Joined 29-Mar-10

8-May-12 6:30 pm

LMAO GlutenFreegal I said exactly the same thing with my lst pregnancy never again no more I can't put myself through this. After I gave birth for the first time I said NO NEVER AGAIN yet here we are considering another once things settle down and you get into a wee routine its too easy to forget.

Joined 30-Apr-12

8-May-12 7:33 pm
aw monkey I understand, my first one was my onlu unplanned pregnancy and that was so hard, I was only 25 at the time and had such a hard time coping; today she is 10 and omg I couldn't live without her, she is my rock. I know what you mean about keeping your sanity and just raise 3 kids, this is my biggest dilemma, I would try for 4 only to get a boy and I'm not sure I want to raise 4 children if I'm not getting my boy in the end. such hard decisions. Also some of you are so lucky to be so young! if I try for a boy it would in 3 or 4 years, I'll be almost 40 by then!!! do I really want to do that to my older self? I don't think so. I know 40 is not old old but pregnancies are so hard that I can't imagine being anymore exhausted than I am now.

Baby Bear Girl 2001(brainiac)  Baby Bear Girl2009(tomboy)  Baby Bear Girl2011(drama queen)  I'm in love with my girls! Happy Giggle

forever longing for my little Baby Bear Boy  The door has closed on having more children, husband is completely done. I guess it wasn't meant to be

Joined 30-Apr-12

8-May-12 7:36 pm
mama.mancusi how heartbreaking that they told you boy first! hope you're doing well now but I would have been devastated if they made such mistake. What a blessing that your hubby will allow you to try again, mine is dead set against having anymore children.

Page: of 4