Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

No one is disappointed in having girls?

Sportsfan1

Joined 12-Apr-12

4-May-12 2:30 pm
It seems that most women on this site are disappointed in having boys. I feel like the only woman who doesn't want girls and yet I will have 2. I would have loved all boys...never really wanted a daughter. Anyone feel this way about girls?
xx - 2011 xx - due 8/2012

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
4-May-12 2:59 pm

I think, just by being on these boards for a long time, that the vast majority of women want girls, and the vast majority of men want boys. Of course you also have men and women who really don't care about gender, and some who only want the opposite (like you). Since this board is mostly women posting here, the majority of us on here are wanting a daughter. Happy Wink

That said, lately there have been a bunch of ladies posting here hoping for boys! Maybe they'll post here (on this thread)?

Personally, I always wanted both. I have 3 boys, so I'm SOOOOOO ready for a little girl!!!! Ready for some pink and butterflies and everything girly (even though I'm not "girly" myself lol). Happy Giggle

Baby Bear Boy '06 Baby Bear Boy '09 Baby Bear Boy '11

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

Want to try for a Baby Bear Girl early next year! Pray

formerly Saggyrl11

Sportsfan1

Joined 12-Apr-12

4-May-12 3:07 pm
Then I should find a site that only men chat on so we can all talk about how much we want a son. LOL You're right about a lot of women wanting daughters. I would just love to hear from women who are in the same boat I am in. I feel I cannot relate to most women's GD. Haveblu - I hope you get your girl.

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
4-May-12 3:14 pm

Thanks sportsfan, I hope you get your boy! You can take allllllllll of my blue dust (please!!!)! Happy Wink

There are a bunch of mamas on here with 2 or 3 (or more) girls, hoping for a boy...I hope they will come here to post with you!!

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

formerly Saggyrl11

Sportsfan1

Joined 12-Apr-12

4-May-12 4:36 pm
I would LOVE your blue dust and you can have all my pink dust. I have enough :) I see in your signature that you are deciding to go HT. I am thinking of that for my 3rd. Have you done any research yet on clinics? I have been doing some research. I don't want to take the chance on natural gender swaying. I feel it won't work for me. Have you tried any swaying in the past?

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
4-May-12 4:50 pm

I will GLADLY take your pink dust!!!

About HT...I've been lurking and posting on the HT board off and on for a few years. If I did do it I would go to GIFV, which is about 40 minutes from me. My main issue is money. Or, lack there of LOL. If I was wealthy (or at least had good credit) I would do it in a heartbeat! But I've seen sooo many ladies on the HT board spend thousands and still no baby. That's a scary thought, for me. I would LOVE the guarantee of a girl (and secretly fantasize about getting twin girls lol), but the reality is there are many who do not have success with it. The HT success storiesare exciting to read, but there are just as many (or more) HT "failures". Because we are struggling financially right now, and because of my age (34), I can either wait a couple of years until things are better financially (but I will be older, which is not good for ttc or HT), or try naturally (if we ttc naturally I would like to early next year).

I don't believe swaying works...I know some swear by it, but I've seen many hard-core sways fail, and many who didn't sway get their much-wanted girl or boy. I've thought about doing some "light" swaying if we try naturally, just to feel like I did something, but deep inside I really believe it's always just about 50/50. I would caution against swaying unless you go into it knowing it will only sway your odds like 1-2%.

You should come post on the HT board if you are interested in going that route - the ladies on there can give you a ton of info!!

formerly Saggyrl11

Megan

Joined 8-Jan-09

Top Poster
4-May-12 5:27 pm
There are actually many women on here in your shoes. Check out the swayed for blue or swaying blue forums, but I've seen quite a few.
Baby Boy 2006  Baby Boy 2008  Baby Girl 2010

Sportsfan1

Joined 12-Apr-12

4-May-12 6:14 pm
Havebluwantp1nktoo:

I will GLADLY take your pink dust!!!

About HT...I've been lurking and posting on the HT board off and on for a few years. If I did do it I would go to GIFV, which is about 40 minutes from me. My main issue is money. Or, lack there of LOL. If I was wealthy (or at least had good credit) I would do it in a heartbeat! But I've seen sooo many ladies on the HT board spend thousands and still no baby. That's a scary thought, for me. I would LOVE the guarantee of a girl (and secretly fantasize about getting twin girls lol), but the reality is there are many who do not have success with it. The HT success storiesare exciting to read, but there are just as many (or more) HT "failures". Because we are struggling financially right now, and because of my age (34), I can either wait a couple of years until things are better financially (but I will be older, which is not good for ttc or HT), or try naturally (if we ttc naturally I would like to early next year).

I don't believe swaying works...I know some swear by it, but I've seen many hard-core sways fail, and many who didn't sway get their much-wanted girl or boy. I've thought about doing some "light" swaying if we try naturally, just to feel like I did something, but deep inside I really believe it's always just about 50/50. I would caution against swaying unless you go into it knowing it will only sway your odds like 1-2%.

You should come post on the HT board if you are interested in going that route - the ladies on there can give you a ton of info!!

GIFV is in Virginia, correct? I am in the NY area so I will need to find someone in NY. There are a couple that are good. Talk about money...the NY clinics are so much more expensive than any other in the country. It really stinks! I have great credit but I am not sure if I want to take a loan out for that much money. I would love it if I got pregnant on the first try but no one can guarantee that. I see some posts where women go for 3 or 4 cycles. That is a lot of money!! But I really don't want to try again unless I am guaranteed a boy. I am in my mid 30s also and I got pregnant twice on the first try. So don't worry about age too much. I am sure you won't have a problem. That's funny you mentioned twins b/c I don't mind having twin boys. 2 girls and 2 boys is ideal :) I know a lot of people personally that haven't swayed and have a mixed-gender family. So I believe it is really 50/50. I did some swaying with the 2nd pregnancy and was on the boy diet and did timing and still got a girl. I know so many people that don't eat meats, potassium or salts and they get boys so I don't believe that it really works. It's pure luck if you ask me. And since I am in my mid 30s I can't afford to try for months and months on a sway. I always hear sways take time...sometimes almost a year. I will check out the HT board thanks!

Joined 21-Feb-11

4-May-12 10:00 pm
Sportsfan1, I want a so very badly and my ideal family was either just one boy, or two boys. I found another site when we first found out we were having a girl and had my initial GD shock. The site is designed for dads. No one, not one would mention being disappointed about gender. It was like all were 100% carefree about what their wives had or they were not willing to express it aloud. I don't mind being one of the few guys here because I can explain my desire for a son openly here and not frustrate my wife. Plus I'm not good at explaining feelings to others IRL so it is just better to type them here even if no one were to ever read them or reply. I do hope we have a boy some day.

Natalie Gayle is here (7-6-11) She is amazing, but I wish I could have broken the girl "streak" for our families (last male was born 23 years ago).

Possibly TTC boy again in 2013, but saving for adoption. The baby Jensen T. account!

EXPECTING PARENTS! Check out www.4eric.org Get educated!

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

4-May-12 10:48 pm
Sportsfan- I too only wanted sons. I've never had that desire for a daughter or desire to have both. My dream family was 3 boys, but I have two daughters. But now my dream has changed because I'm so so glad I have them now. Actually my dd2 was my cure. I thought it was impossible to feel that way but I do! I desire a son and am currently TTC one but if it was a 3rd girl I would be ok. And please know I do not say that lightly! Dd2 saved me, shes let me see that my ideals were wrong, I just absolutely can't explain it. and I can assure you of one thing, the older your girls get the easier it gets. Having kids from 0-3 or 4 years is hard, don't get me wrong infancy is my very most favorite stage but babies are selfish, needy creatures. It's hard to see "them" and not gender because at that moment they want food and a diaper, a burp and a nap. My dd1 is 5. She's not athletic, doesn't like being dirty or sweaty, loves pink and dress up, basically everyone on here's dream girl. She's extremely gifted mentally, she's very emotional and sensitive and to be honest it's been hard to "bond". We are bonded in that mother/daughter way but haven't been in a way that we understand one another... Until now... For example, Tonight was her dance recital and she is the ONLY one not looking at the teacher for help, she's smiling and doing it. It was the first sense of independence she's ever given me! All I thought was that's my GIRL!!!! first time ever. Now that shes older we have actual real conversations, I KNOW her. I've fallen in love all over again. Then my dd2 came along. I was distraught at my u/s.. That little booger was born with such a personality. She showed me her independence much much sooner than dd1 ever did, she's 100% opposite my dd1. She doesn't speak like my dd1 did at this stage but physically much more advanced which makes her loads of fun. She will be the athlete like I was. She changed my entire hearts desire!! Now do I want a son? Absolutely!! But I don't have that ideal about a "boy" anymore, just want a son now, something different, new experiences and all that. I can't wait to have a different bond and relationship with a son that I do my daughters. But now I'm happy in my heart with what I have. Most importantly, God and I are at a much better place than we were in the past, now I feel like it's my time! So yes you will see a lot who want dd's or both but not me. I truly hope you get your little boy in the future!!! And I can't wait to hear your journey and updates!!
"Bless this child O' Lord I pray, love her through all night and day"
1 Samuel 1:27

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 11-Jan-12

Top Poster
4-May-12 10:49 pm
yes yes and yes, im am about to give birth to Baby Bear Girl #4 and my dream family was 3 Baby Bear Boy. I so badly more than anything wanted this baby to be a baby boy.

Baby Bear Girl 6 Baby Bear Girl 4 Baby Bear Girl 2 Baby Bear Girl 1

Hugs VioletLove My Girl'sHugs Violet

Joined 5-Feb-12

5-May-12 2:41 am
I'm not sure where I fit in here to be honest. I'm not at all disappointed that I have 2 girls, but I would like a son, and have always wanted a son. I'm currently pregnant with number 3 and have swayed blue, I think though if we find out we're expecting a girl I'll be more disappointed that all the effort, weight gain and minging maca powder didn't work than that we are having a girl, if that makes sense? So, as I said, I don't know where I fit in, but I would love a son!

Joined 14-Jun-10

Top Poster
5-May-12 4:06 am
I have 3 girls and am pregnant with baby #4, gender unknown as yet. I dream of having a son, although I really feel baby is a girl. I wouldn't swap any of my daughters for 10 boys though. Couldn't imagine life without any of them.

Joined 16-Apr-12

5-May-12 5:25 am

Hi,

I have 3 gorgeous Baby Bear Girl and am expecting Baby Bear Girl #4 in oct, i was so dissapointed i was having another Baby Bear Girl i cried during the ultrasound and the whole way home, i wasnt so much dissapointed for myself, but for my husband who is desperate for a boy!  I am now used to the idea of 4 Baby Bear Girl and will be ecstatic when she is born, but i will always wonder what a lil Baby Bear Boy would have looked like or been like had we had one, as this is my 4th C section we cant have anymore.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Joined 12-Dec-10

Top Poster
5-May-12 6:42 am
I did try to HT ones and I think It was worth it. Even I didn´t get my baby girl(girls) from it, I did have a good chance. And I know my husband can make girls :) But we did wen´t to place were the treatment was cheap. (something like 3000 euros) So it wasn´t so bad for us. Because everywhere else it something like 7000-10 000 euros. We don´t have money to do that again, so that was it. When my period started after the treatment it was even worst than that time when I was ultrasound and heard that we got another boy. I think the day when I realize that my treatment didn´t work for us, was the miserables day in my life. I did cry whole week non stop. So I´m not sure could I go through that again. Even I get the moneys some where. I´m not believe in TTC either. I have reading this site many years and I think the possibility the get a girl or boy is 50/50. There has been perfect sways and the result has been "wrong". I don´t know what we are doing next, but I sure know that this GD is going lesser every day. Some day´s are bad but they come more rarely now.

Baby Boy06Baby Boy08Baby Boy10 Baby Boy 13 IVF/PGD/Jordan/Farah/ September 2011/ 2 female embryo transfer. not pregnant.

Page: of 5