Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Getting anxious and overwhelmed...

Joined 14-Feb-11

29-Apr-12 6:18 pm

This summer DH and I are going to TTC/sway for a boy...again! We swayed for 6 months last year with no success so we're really hoping we'll have better luck this time around, God willing.

Since taking a break I have been doing well in regards to keeping up with the boy diet as well as the supplements, and I haven't felt stressed or anxious like I did the last time. That was until a couple of weeks ago. It's been a mixture of things, between seeing all the different FB status updates of friends giving birth to little boys (in the last month there's been at least 4 different girls and two more due by early/middle of next month...all had/having boys!). I can't lie, as happy as I am for them, I can't help but feel that it could have been me as well had DH and I been successful with our attempts last summer Sad

To top it off, I went to my OBGYN last week for my annual checkup and she found a "mass" during my pap/pelvic exam. We're not sure what it is yet, I'm scheduled for some lab work and an ultrasound to find out what it could be. I'm hoping it's just a cyst (I've had many before, never like this where they could feel them though) or scar tissue from my previous c-section. I'm so worried it could be something worse though and I'm so afraid that, if it is, it will push our swaying attempts further back or, worse, end them for good. I even started to wonder if maybe this "mass" could be the reason DH and I were unsuccessful last year in getting pregnant. I know I should try not to worry or drive myself crazy until we know for sure what it is, but I've just been such an emotional mess, it's starting to mess with my head.

But anyway, I'd really appreciate good thoughts and prayers. I know a lot of us are experiencing some of the same emotions waiting for our time to come to TTC, it can all make us feel a little crazy and in need for some venting so it's nice to have a place where we can do so without feeling like we're alone and totally losing it LOL

Baby Girl 2008 Baby Girl 2010....coming soon Baby Girl July 2013

Mum to 3 gorgeous bubs

Joined 21-Apr-10

Top Poster
23-May-12 11:58 pm
Sorry to hear about the mass and I am sure everything will work out just fine. Vent away, that's what we are here for. Hope you are feeling more positive.

Baby Girl '98'  Baby Girl '06'  Baby Boy '10' and hoping to finish off with another Baby Boy some time in the future!

Joined 14-Feb-11

24-May-12 4:49 pm
Thank you. I guess I should have updated, got results back last week, everything's fine and mass is just a cyst. Dr is not very concerned, said it should go away on its own. Feeling much better now. Still nervous but less overwhelmed!

Joined 17-Aug-10

24-May-12 6:31 pm

Hi Vetswifey,

You're back and goodluck to you.

Don't know if you still remember me but I was on the TTC board with you last year (swaying blue). Well my sway failed, we're expecting our baby girl in August. I'm over the GD now but I did cried for a week or two. The main reason for my disappointment I guess is not having another girl but is the fear of not being able to try for a son again. DH only wanted and set on two, also because I'll be 41 this year I don't have time to wait for him to agree to try for #3. Who knows how long that maybe, a year, 2 years, 3years......or never.

I wish you a successful blue sway this time.

Stacey

Heartbroken2006,  Baby Bear Girl2008,  Heartbroken2010,  Heartbroken2011,  expecting Baby Bear GirlAug2012

Joined 14-Feb-11

26-May-12 11:54 pm

Stacey Q, yes I do remember you! It's nice to see you here, and congrats on your baby girl. I haven't kept up with any of the other ladies that were swaying back when DH and I were trying last year, I just stopped getting on here after Dec, I was so disappointed I knew I needed to take that break and give it some time before starting over. 

I felt the same way with DD2, I had terrible GD for a good chunk of my pregnancy, for a number of reasons really, a lot of which had nothing really to do with her, so I definitely understand that. The moment they placed her in my arms though I knew I was head over heels in love, and having her here now and seeing how close she is with DD1, I wouldn't change her for the world! Not to mention, I used to pray she wouldn't hold any of what I felt during my pregnancy against me once she was here, and I have to tell you, she's so attached to me now, DD1 is a daddy's girl for sure but DD2 is definitely a mommy's girl! LOL

This next time is it for us, boy or girl, we'll be done so I'm hoping for boy but praying that whatever we get, it's a healthy baby. I think that I know that, whatever I do or try, in the end I will get whatever I am meant to get and I have to be okay with that, otherwise I feel I'd be setting myself up. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I'm hoping for you that your DH has a change of heart soon, maybe once baby girl gets here he'll be persuaded into trying once more? I'd have a talk with him (or many talks if needed) to explain to him how I feel, maybe you all can find a compromise..Best of luck to you and, again, congrats on your little blessing!

Joined 17-Aug-10

27-May-12 11:19 pm

VetsWifey09:
Anyway, I'm hoping for you that your DH has a change of heart soon, maybe once baby girl gets here he'll be persuaded into trying once more? I'd have a talk with him (or many talks if needed) to explain to him how I feel, maybe you all can find a compromise

I'm giving DH and myself a break for now (no more TTC talks). I feel so guilty for not focusing and connecting with this baby, so it's time for me to wake up and be a mother I am proud of (hope it's not too late).

I am also trying to come to terms with not having #3 (or a son) because I know only then I can be a happier person.

I pray for you and hope that you do have a boy this time. Many moms on here conceived their son after 2 girls and I hope the same fate applies to you. Oh please please please let that be the fate for all blue swaying mums going for #3.

Stacey

Heartbroken2006,  Baby Bear Girl2008,  Heartbroken2010,  Heartbroken2011,  expecting Baby Bear GirlAug2012

Page: of 1