Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Gender prediction with Linea Nigra

Joined 17-Aug-10

26-Apr-12 7:59 am

Ladies here is something very interesting I heard today. My friend's mother is a mid-wife and she said she can predict gender by linea nigra. This must be another OWT. So I lifted my shirt up and she said it's a girl (only DH and I know the gender of this bub). Wow now so she's got meinterested to know how she'd arrived at that, well here is what she said.

If the two line meets directly at the navel to make a straight line, it is a boy.

If the two line doesn't meet directly at the navel then, it is a girl.

And I just to want to say that it is correct for both my pregnancy (unless I'm told the wrong gender for this one at 20 wks u/s).

So ladies if you have linea nigra during your pregnancy, how accurate is this gender prediction?

Stacey

Heartbroken2006,  Baby Bear Girl2008,  Heartbroken2010,  Heartbroken2011,  expecting Baby Bear GirlAug2012

Joined 3-Dec-11

26-Apr-12 10:37 pm
I just looked at mine and it does not meet, which would mean girl but I'm told it's another boy. Last pregnancy, I think they didn't meet either and I had a boy too. So, doesn't work for me Sad (wish it did though because I still have severe GD!!

Baby Boy10,  Baby Boy2,  and Baby Boy born 5/29/12 (I'm so in love!)

Joined 17-Aug-10

27-Apr-12 1:46 am
Sorry to hear that. My top line curved at the bottom just before reaching the belly button and my bottom line is straight (so the two lines don't meet up to make a straight line = girl both times). I wish I am carrying a boy so I can see if it's true to have a straight line (both line meets = boy).

Stacey

Heartbroken2006,  Baby Bear Girl2008,  Heartbroken2010,  Heartbroken2011,  expecting Baby Bear GirlAug2012

Joined 3-Dec-11

29-Apr-12 11:06 am
My top line curves at the bottom just before reaching the belly button and my bottom line is straight too. I will take a pic and show you. Specifically, the top line is off to my left side and then curves to the right an inch or two before reaching the belly button. The bottom line is straight. Every other OWT also points to girl. From the 5 months of nausea that I didn't have with my other two boys to the way I am carrying. Everyone who sees me always guesses girl too. I still dream every night that it is a girl but 3 ultrasounds later- it's still a boy! :( 

Joined 17-Aug-10

30-Apr-12 6:23 am

Oh......can't wait to see your pic as my bottom line curves to the right too and I'm told girl at 20 weeks u/s and secretly I'd wished my girl would turn into a boy but once I heard about the linea Nigra prediction I knew I'm having a girl b/c the line looked exactly the same for DD1 - curves to the right.

*** will be waiting impatiently for your pic***

Stacey

Joined 3-Dec-11

30-Apr-12 2:42 pm

Hi Stacey! I took the pic with my camera  phone and it was so hard to get a good shot of it with the lighting.  The top line is so much lighter than the bottom so it's kind of hard to make out, but I think this is the best I can do. As you can see, the top line is not centered but right before you get to the belly button, it curves. The bottom line seems to be more centered but again it curves right before reaching the belly button. Regardless, both lines do not meet right in the middle. They look very crooked.

You want a boy and I want a girl... switch? lol! j/k!

any way you can send me a pic of your belly for comparison?

Full-size image

Blessed with 4 <3

Joined 21-Jan-10

Top Poster
30-Apr-12 2:52 pm
I have never gotten one of those lines, what's that mean...LOL

Hearts 

Joined 17-Aug-10

1-May-12 9:04 pm

Yes let's switch so I'll have my boy and you'll have your girl......LOL......(perfect life).

Your top line is not obvious so I can't tell but here's my pic, you can see my top line is very clear and curves to the right.

Stacey

Joined 3-Dec-11

2-May-12 10:53 am

Stacey,  

Your belly and mine look very similar - both in shape and also with the Linea Nigra. Although my top line is lighter than yours, it does the same thing (curves). I guess this is just another OWT that didn't work out for me Sad  I swear everything from this pregnancy pointed to a girl,  even the Chinese Gender Calendar said it was a girl. It was right with my other two  boys but wrong with this one. http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm  Did you do this one?

I still dream that at birth I will be handed a little girl but I know that is never going to happen. i'm 4 weeks away from my due date and I still can't accept that I will be the mother of 3 boys soon! I never thought this would be my life. the honest truth is that I'm not so much upset that this is another boy because I truly think boys are wonderful and I know I will love him dearly but I'm just upset that I will never have a daughter. I don't think I'll ever get over that! Will you have more kids?

Joined 3-Dec-11

2-May-12 11:00 am

I just wanted to add that obviously my belly is a lot bigger than yours too! lol!

Joined 17-Aug-10

4-May-12 6:53 pm

Yes we both carried in the shap of a basketball, I wish your top line was more clear so I can see it.

Wow you're due in 4 weeks, hope you will get your surprise "girl" because as you said everything points to girl. The chinese gender calendar is wrong for me both times, I think it only works for ladies with textbook cycles (28 days). I have long irregular cycles so it's NOT for me.

I still hold hope that one day I will have my boy (although DH hasn't agreed). Don't want to give up the experience of raising a boy, it would make me very sad and would feel incomplete.

Stacey

Joined 21-May-11

8-May-12 2:40 pm

I'm curious also to what it means if you don't have one. I remember distinctly having one with my first. I can't remember if I did or not with my 2nd... I'll have to go look at pictures. This time I for sure don't have one and I'm 37 weeks, so I don't think I'll magically have one appear? 

Heart Mommy to her 3 little bears... Baby Bear Boy J (06),  Baby Bear Boy C (09) and Baby Bear Boy A (12) Heart

Joined 17-Aug-10

9-May-12 12:01 am

I wish more ladies can post their pregnant belly pics here, especially ones with linea Nigra so we can draw some conclusion to this owt.

Stacey

Joined 16-Sep-10

Top Poster
17-May-13 1:52 am
i had one from bottom up to my belly button when i was pregnant with my son and this time its all the way up under my ribs,hopefully its a girl sign,i will post a pic if anyone wants
Baby Boy 2011, and swayed for Baby Girl, due 11th November 2013 Lilypie Maternity tickers  BabyFruit Ticker
Page: of 1