Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Can't believe I was EVER disappointed!

TickledPinkButLoveMyBlue

Joined 19-Jul-10

Top Poster
16-Apr-12 9:05 am
I've taken so long to write this post as I've been slack but I'm here now..... When I found out my baby was a boy at our 20 weeks u/s (almost 2 years ago mind you) I was shattered, I cried on & off about it for days. I was really hoping for a girl and I was so disappointed. The second he was born I fell absolutely in love with him. He is my whole world and I feel so extremely guilty for having ever felt & behaved that way and I worry that he felt my sadness and disappointment in the womb and that makes me feel horrendous :( We are trying to conceive baby number 2 & at the start I was swaying for a girl as I still dream /yearn for that baby daughter however recently I have thrown it all in. I would love a girl but ive decided that I want her to join our family of her own accord and should I conceieve another son then thats what im supposed to have. I really am happy to let nature take it's course and yes I will be heartbroken if I don't have a baby girl BUT I will be absolutely overjoyed at the priveledge of having another amazing boy to love which I'm sure will fill my heart with wonderment & amazement yet again :) Finally in the perfect frame of mind to get my bfp....yay! I hope everyone that had or will experience gd will eventually end up feeling as happy as I do :)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Carmella Pink-Hopes 2011

Joined 17-Apr-11

18-Apr-12 6:18 am

Thank-you for taking the time to post this lovely story Happy You are so positive and that is fantastic. I truly believe there is something special about little boys Baby Bear BoyHearts ...I too always longed for a daughter and went on to have 2 sons (currently pg with DS2). I think after finding out I had another on the way and after DH and I have said this may very well be our last - I was heartbroken to be honest. Took a few weeks to heal properly but now I am more than pleased that my DS1 will have a special brother to play with/ grow up with and we will be blessed again. 

I too, hope that others will heal as we have xx

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby Bear Boy Due July 2012

TickledPinkButLoveMyBlue

Joined 19-Jul-10

Top Poster
18-Apr-12 6:46 am
Thanks for replying carmella. I dont even know how it happened. One minute I was adament I was going to do everything possible to sway for a girl and then something just clicked. I know I will still be sad if I never get a girl but somehow it just doesnt seem to really consume me like it used to. I can imagine my little man having a beautiful baby brother to play with, bond with & adore. The thought of that makes any sort of gd obselete. I just really want to be pregnant again so bad. I cant wait for af to arrive on the weekend so that Dh & I can bd like crazy and make our next little miracle! Good luck with your baby boys x

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
22-Apr-12 11:36 pm
Thanks for sharing!   We swayed for a dd and had ds3.  I PRAYED the whole time ttc and my whole pregnancy until the gender ultrasound that if we were having ds3 that i would not have GD again.  Thank God my prayers were answered because I surprisingly had my tubes tied during my csection (long story) and can never have another baby.  I would have been devastated if I had GD during my last pregnancy ever.  You never know what curve balls life will throw you so try to enjoy your blessings as they comeHappy Wink  I truly believe that God gives us the little souls that belong in our families regardless of gender.  Good luckGood Luck Clover

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

TickledPinkButLoveMyBlue

Joined 19-Jul-10

Top Poster
30-Apr-12 7:36 pm
Thanks for sharing prayingforaprincess. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by our beautiful children thats for sure. xxx

Page: of 1