Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Going to the mall exchanging pink for blue

Joined 13-Jun-11

14-Apr-12 9:25 am

I wrote in another post that my friend had ds2 instead of a girl. She was told girl at her 20 week scan and had a delivery surprise. She announced she would have a girl one week after my 3rd ds was born and I was crushed. However, I love her and went to the mall and got her exactly what I would have bought if I had a daughter. I thought confronting myself was the best I could do. It was so hurtful though being in the girl section of the store with girl moms. I saw a little girl and she was so precious with a full head of hair.....exactly how I imagined my baby girl to look. The baby girls dad was so proud, but he really liked my son and chatted with him while I was picking out the outfits.Then I remember checking out and telling the cashier that I bought outfits for my friends baby girl....and I said that I hope its really a baby girl now that I bought her pink. Of course, I didnt hope it was really a baby girl, but I had zero hope for a wrong scan. Anyways, the scan was wrong and I am returning the girl outifts for boy outfits. Thank you Lord for having mercy with me. And thank you that my friend is happy with her healthy ds2 Happy

Joined 14-May-11

14-Apr-12 9:43 am

This is too funny!  When I found out I pregnant with DD2 I was so jealous when my friend she was pregnant with a boy.  But I was convinced that DD2 was going to come out a boy because my pregnancies were so different, and we never got a great potty shot with her.  It would REALLY stink to have to exchange everything you bought for one gender!

Hannah, 23 year old mother to two beautiful girls.  

Baby Bear Girl  2010 Baby Bear Girl 2011 Pray Baby Bear Boy in 2013!

Joined 15-Feb-12

14-Apr-12 10:15 am
you sound very happy at this,lets hope its not a mistake many sonographers make!
Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby BoyHearts

Joined 7-Oct-07

14-Apr-12 1:54 pm

Can I ask...how old are you?

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
14-Apr-12 2:13 pm
I find this scary! I hope your friend is ok! This was exactly what I was worried about through the last half of my pregnancy with my daughter!

Thank You God and Our Lady!

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
14-Apr-12 2:35 pm
Jillian:

Can I ask...how old are you?

That's rude Hmm

Baby Bear Boy '06 Baby Bear Boy '09 Baby Bear Boy '11

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

Want to try for a Baby Bear Girl early next year! Pray

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
14-Apr-12 2:39 pm

Justforty:
you sound very happy at this,lets hope its not a mistake many sonographers make!

Do you blame her???? I'll freely admit I would've been over the moon if most of the ppl I know who have had girls had delivery room surprises (with the exception of my bf, only b/c she is my bestest in the whole world and adores my boys). 

Some of you are acting like "omg, I would never wish that on anyone"...right. Doh!

At least the OP is honest!!

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
14-Apr-12 3:01 pm
Havebluwantp1nktoo"]

[quote user="Justforty:

you sound very happy at this,lets hope its not a mistake many sonographers make![/quote] 

Do you blame her???? I'll freely admit I would've been over the moon if most of the ppl I know who have had girls had delivery room surprises (with the exception of my bf, only b/c she is my bestest in the whole world and adores my boys). 

Some of you are acting like "omg, I would never wish that on anyone"...right. Doh!

At least the OP is honest!!

Yah.  When I was pregnant with DS3, my SIL was pregnant with her first and guess what? IT WAS A GIRL. So all through her and my pregnancy I was secretly hoping she would pop out a boy (and actually they really wanted a boy for their first) but nope two years ago tomorrow she had my beautiful neice.  I was a little bummed for sure.  HOWEVER, now that I have carried a girl and had that deep rooted fear that the ultrasound was wrong and I would have to return all of MY pink thinks and not use MY daughter's name, I can honestly hand on heart say, I would not want anyone to be told the wrong gender ever.  ever ever ever.

Thank You God and Our Lady!

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
14-Apr-12 3:24 pm

stickybeans:
HOWEVER, now that I have carried a girl and had that deep rooted fear that the ultrasound was wrong and I would have to return all of MY pink thinks and not use MY daughter's name, I can honestly hand on heart say, I would not want anyone to be told the wrong gender ever.  ever ever ever.

I'm sure if I ever have a girl I will change too Happy Wink

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 13-Jun-11

14-Apr-12 7:38 pm

The best thing is my friend is over the moon. She is so very happy. I couldnt be that happy if she wasnt. And no, you cant blame me. Its a healthy baby boy for her who will be around the same age my 3rd son is. Everything is fine.

Joined 13-Jun-11

14-Apr-12 7:43 pm

Justforty,

its not a mistake. the baby boy is born. He is gorgeous! Looks even cuter than my own sons at birth.

Joined 15-Feb-12

15-Apr-12 2:54 am
Sabine,please do not imply I meant anything other than the scan result was a mistake.You yourself stated the scan was wrong ie a mistake was made,your friend has a beautiful boy and she is over the moon with him.Sonographers making mistakes on any level is not a good thing IMO.
Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby GirlBaby BoyHearts

Joined 13-Jun-11

15-Apr-12 9:29 am

justforty, you are right. if a sonographer doesnt see a boy part......i wonder what else could he or she have missed? in my friends case everthing is ok though Happy

Joined 13-Jun-11

15-Apr-12 9:31 am

Havebluwantp1nktoo,

AgreeAgreeAgree

Thanks!!!

Joined 2-Jan-12

Top Poster
15-Apr-12 9:33 am
ive heard of girls being mistaken for boys but boys being mistaken for girls?! is that common?
Baby Boy (8) Jayden Joseph 2004 & Baby Girl Willow Rose Catherine due Aug 29th 2012!!!!
Page: of 2