Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Charliecats, can I please get your advice?!?!

Joined 15-Aug-09

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 3:41 pm
Sorry to cross-post but I wasn't sure where to find you!!

So I had my last ultrasound at my fertility clinic this morning and have been released to my OB (though I don't have one yet, working on it.) I was planning on telling everyone today but find myself nervous about one finding from this morning.

Heartbeat was in the 140s, no problem. Doc seemed very unconcerned with the babe. But he measured the CRL at 7 weeks and I'm exactly 8 weeks today. When I pointed that out, he said it wasn't an issue, and that I'd find a way to worry about SOMETHING. Ummmm....yes.

So as we went along he said "I'll take another one just to make you feel better" and that one came out at 7 weeks, 4 days. He said if he kept measuring he'd get me to 8 weeks. That honestly made me feel better.

But today I just saw a post where you said that the measurements should be most accurate early in the pregnancy so I'm a bit freaked out. What do you think? Everything else seems on track and my beta was 50,000 today and my symptoms are getting worse and worse (nausea)...

I've tried to keep from bugging you in the past but I'm just too desperate today. I really want to tell my kids tonight!

I would appreciate any guidance you can provide. Thank you!

Sarah Mom to two perfect, adorable, amazing boys! Starting IVF/PGD for a little girl on 5/26/2010 IVF 1: right ovary inaccessible, no transfer (no normal females out of 4 embies) IVF2: cancelled: severe allergic reaction to Lupron IVF3: no normal females out of 5 embies IVF4: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with last cycle IVF5: 7 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Fresh + frozen to PGD = TWO HEALTHY FEMALES! Transfer 3/11, BFN IVF6: 6 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized = ONE healthy female! BFN IVF7: 1 egg retrieved! :-(, fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with *last* cycle IVF8: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, batched with frozen = ONE healthy female! Transfer 3/4/12 - BFP!!! Miscarriage at 11 weeks. Looks like we're a two-boy family forever!