Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Charliecats - your advice is needed - please!

Joined 15-Aug-09

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 3:38 pm
So I had my last ultrasound at my fertility clinic this morning and have been released to my OB (though I don't have one yet, working on it.) I was planning on telling everyone today but find myself nervous about one finding from this morning.

Heartbeat was in the 140s, no problem. Doc seemed very unconcerned with the babe. But he measured the CRL at 7 weeks and I'm exactly 8 weeks today. When I pointed that out, he said it wasn't an issue, and that I'd find a way to worry about SOMETHING. Ummmm....yes.

So as we went along he said "I'll take another one just to make you feel better" and that one came out at 7 weeks, 4 days. He said if he kept measuring he'd get me to 8 weeks. That honestly made me feel better.

But today I just saw a post where you said that the measurements should be most accurate early in the pregnancy so I'm a bit freaked out. What do you think? Everything else seems on track and my beta was 50,000 today and my symptoms are getting worse and worse (nausea)...

I've tried to keep from bugging you in the past but I'm just too desperate today. I really want to tell my kids tonight!

I would appreciate any guidance you can provide. Thank you!

Sarah Mom to two perfect, adorable, amazing boys! Starting IVF/PGD for a little girl on 5/26/2010 IVF 1: right ovary inaccessible, no transfer (no normal females out of 4 embies) IVF2: cancelled: severe allergic reaction to Lupron IVF3: no normal females out of 5 embies IVF4: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with last cycle IVF5: 7 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Fresh + frozen to PGD = TWO HEALTHY FEMALES! Transfer 3/11, BFN IVF6: 6 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized = ONE healthy female! BFN IVF7: 1 egg retrieved! :-(, fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with *last* cycle IVF8: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, batched with frozen = ONE healthy female! Transfer 3/4/12 - BFP!!! Miscarriage at 11 weeks. Looks like we're a two-boy family forever!

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Apr-12 6:26 pm
Well, you are right, the dates in early pregnancy are often the most accurate. Have you had an ultrasound before this one in the pregnancy? If the dates from your first ultrasound and this one work out, then YIPPEEEEE--not a problem. I have seen this phenomenon in IVF pregnancies a couple times since joining IG. Both times with twins--one twin meausuring days to a week ahead of the other twin. And both were obviously made and put in on the same day. One mom was told her "behind twin" was likely to be abnormal, and should consider amnio (even though it had PGD). Both babies were born normal. The other time was me. My one twin measured 5 days ahead of the other, even at the 7 wks mark. One had a heartbeat 4 days before the other one. Totally bizarre. She is the smaller twin today:) So, my words of advice--don't stress it. There is a heartbeat. And the measurement could be off a day or two. As long as baby is growing, and there is a heartbeat, it should be ok. I chalk it up to the IVF, and maybe the embryos are slow getting going after getting implanted. Congrats on your succes!! You finally got your well deserved turn!!
A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 15-Aug-09

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 7:49 pm
Thank you, thank you - I really appreciate you taking the time. I did have an ultrasound at 6 weeks 2 days - if I remember right, baby measured 6 week 1 day and they could see a heartbeat but didn't measure it. I don't know about actual measurements in terms of length.

Honestly they have seemed very unconcerned and inexact the whole time. They didn't measure the heartbeat today - he just eyeballed it and said "It looks good, right about the 140s." And he took that second measurement because I was worried and it was 7 weeks, 4 days (which, if he'd just said THAT measurement first, I wouldn't have worried at all). Maybe I'll push for another ultrasound next week before I find an OB...

Sarah Mom to two perfect, adorable, amazing boys! Starting IVF/PGD for a little girl on 5/26/2010 IVF 1: right ovary inaccessible, no transfer (no normal females out of 4 embies) IVF2: cancelled: severe allergic reaction to Lupron IVF3: no normal females out of 5 embies IVF4: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with last cycle IVF5: 7 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Fresh + frozen to PGD = TWO HEALTHY FEMALES! Transfer 3/11, BFN IVF6: 6 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized = ONE healthy female! BFN IVF7: 1 egg retrieved! :-(, fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with *last* cycle IVF8: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, batched with frozen = ONE healthy female! Transfer 3/4/12 - BFP!!! Miscarriage at 11 weeks. Looks like we're a two-boy family forever!

Full House

Joined 5-Jul-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Apr-12 8:47 pm
Baby is growing ! Yahooo! That's great! I would say don;t lose sleep over it, but I know we all do:)
A lot of great kids, and a full time job mean very little time to play! Miss you all!!
Thank you In-Gender and Maureen for giving me a place to dream, and the tools to chase those dreams<3

Joined 15-Aug-09

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 9:03 pm
Thank you. Trying to stay cool. Told the boys tonight and they're ecstatic. I sure hope this works out for all of us. I wish I could come have a scan where you are just for reassurance! I am going to email my nurse tomorrow and see if they can do one more scan next week just to set me at ease. They're sick of me but I'm sure they can suck it up once more. Maybe if I show up and just pretend I thought I had to come back they'll go for it. :-)
Page: of 1