Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

*sigh* baby clothes depress me..

Joined 5-Apr-12

10-Apr-12 11:35 am

Doing some online shopping for my girls today...& cant help but clicking on boy stuff just to look..& wish I had a baby boy to buy clothes for. I love buying for my girls, but I would love to be able to experience both sides.

Some of the smallest things can trigger me...went in walmart the other day & saw some baseball/football/basketball pacifiers...made me really want a baby boy. But then luckily I found some pink/zebra pacis for DD3 & that made me feel better Happy Wink

Baby Bear Girl 2008, Baby Bear Girl 2010, Baby Bear Girl 2011
Hearts my girls but am Pray God sends us a Baby Bear Boy when we sway in 2013!!

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 12:27 pm

Hey Miss Bliss you're not alone! I have fun buying clothes for my boys but would LOVE to buy some girly girl clothes! I would so love to buy some things with butterflies and flowers for once! Happy Wink

Baby Bear Boy '06 Baby Bear Boy '09 Baby Bear Boy '11

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

Want to try for a Baby Bear Girl early next year! Pray

formerly Saggyrl11

Joined 31-Jan-12

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 12:29 pm

I totally know how you feel! I just want to buy a Mets cap and Jersey and a one piece outfit with my DH's college football team on it with a matching football blanket Sad  

Baby Bear Girl 2005 Baby Bear Girl 2010 Baby Bear Girl due 8/2012

Joined 5-Apr-12

10-Apr-12 12:39 pm

Everything for little girls says "Daddys Girl", "Daddys little lady", "I stole Daddys heart!", Etc....

then I look at little boy stuff & i see things like..."Mommys major hunk", "Mommys new man", "Mamas Boy"....

All 3 of my girls are TOTAL daddys girls....they love me, but once daddy gets home from work, its all about daddy... *sigh* im still hoping & praying for my mamas boy

Joined 1-Jul-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Apr-12 12:47 pm

I'm right there with you.  I'm sure that I'm about to hear 'Girl' for the third time myself here in a bit.  It's really hard to even pass the baby section at Wal-mart.  I don't even buy clothes there, but I can't stand seeing the adorable cargo pants.  Easter at church flared me up with everyone dressing their baby boys in those cute little suits.  I always hear women with boys complaining that there is no cute clothes for boys, but I disagree.  Come on now, little sailor suits :-(

Baby Bear Girl 2008  Baby Bear Girl 2010    Finally a surprise Baby Bear Boy Due 11/22

Joined 5-Apr-12

10-Apr-12 1:06 pm

Oh i was the same way at Easter & this past Christmas too because I had DD3 on Dec 2nd last year. I love the little suits, a friend of mine dressed her little boy in a light pink & blue suit for easter with a matching tie...he looked so adorable. Made me want to dress a little boy so much, lol.

Maybe #3 will be a bouncing baby boy for you, PuppyDog!! I'll keep my fingers crossed..how much longer until you find out?

Very blessed

Joined 2-Jan-10

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 1:16 pm

Miss Bliss:

Doing some online shopping for my girls today...& cant help but clicking on boy stuff just to look..& wish I had a baby boy to buy clothes for. I love buying for my girls, but I would love to be able to experience both sides.

Some of the smallest things can trigger me...went in walmart the other day & saw some baseball/football/basketball pacifiers...made me really want a baby boy. But then luckily I found some pink/zebra pacis for DD3 & that made me feel better Happy Wink

OMG I could have written this post two years ago (except in my case I was afraid of never getting a daughter).  I totally get seeing merchandise for your DG and it being a major trigger.  I was happy buying for my son (and actually was lucky; with him alot of his clothes were taken care of at my shower). But I would go by the girl stuff and want so badly to experience buying for a girl too.  For a while I just avoided both sections and had DH shop, it bothered me so much.  That did help me as i went through the worst of my GD.  It did get better though.  I am glad the pink pacifiers for your DD3 made you feel better.  Flower  I am sure she will love them!

Baby Bear Boy Our little suprise!  Baby Bear Girl High Tech Born and here! May 9, 2011 ~Thank you GIVF, IG and thank you God!~ Read my blog    igsadierose@gmail.com

Angels DO walk this Earth.  I believe in the power of Pray 100%!!   "The temptation to quite will be the greatest just before you are about to succeed"--Chinese Proverb 

Joined 31-Mar-11

10-Apr-12 1:48 pm

I am the boy mother who hates suits, sailor suits and don't even talk to me about sports-themed outfits! I LOATHE them all - they all look just like the next one and there is so little variety in boys' clothes it is B. O. R. I. N. G.! One reason we didn't tell anyone DS was a boy was because I didn't want any of that stuff! And not all the boys' things say, "Mama's Little Boy" - MOST of the stuff says lovely things like, "Little Monster", "Little Bugger" (with insects...and if you know the origin of the word "bugger," it's really not nice at all...), "Here Come's Trouble" and, one of my personal 'favorites' - "Good Boy!" emblazoned over a picture of a DOG. Let's see...there was also a rhino outfit at Gymboree that said something about the wearer stomping the reader, LOTS of onesies with alligators/T-Rexs/other toothsome animals that say, "Watch out! I bite!" blah blah blah. My son is not a monster, a pest, a buggerer, trouble, a dog, a stomper or biter. But if I get any more outfits that have that stuff on them, mama might just turn into several of those!  I am pining for pink...can you tell?!?

Kimberly

Baby Bear Boy  2009 + Baby Bear Boy 2012 (Failed sway)

I never wanted boys - was hoping for Baby Bear Girl in 2012, but I'M TAKING WHAT I'VE GOT! Heartbroken

"If you want to hear G-d laugh, tell Him your plans." - Yiddish proverb

Joined 5-Apr-12

10-Apr-12 4:05 pm

Kimber- I guess thats just the difference in not having the opposite gender. Like I said, I love shopping for my girls, & i am a major fan of the matching bows with every outfit....BUT i would love to shop for something a little different as well. Happy Really hope you hear pink!!

Joined 17-Sep-11

10-Apr-12 4:34 pm

I totally get you! Im in the opposite camp and would LOVE to buy for a girl even a niece to buy for would cure it a bit but I have no nieces on my side. I guess its the same for both camps your bored of girl stuff Im bored of boy stuff and looks like Im having a third boy and am not looking forward to shopping again for blue lol !!

Baby Bear Boy2006 Baby Bear Boy 2009 

Baby Bear Boy  due Oct 12 My dream is more than likely over

Joined 21-Feb-11

10-Apr-12 9:19 pm
I posted this a few months ago on a different thread, but I have bought probably 5 boy outfits for our, hopefully, future son. I just get tired of all the combinations of pink, cupcakes, ladybugs, and ruffles on my daughter's clothes. Boy stuff has more variety. The other humorously annoying part is my MIL has no taste at all. My wife and I detest the trashy screen print Disney princess crap and that's all her mom buys us. So we have a bunch in a plastic sack that we empty at Good Will every now and then. She did a nice job on the Easter dress and a few others, but some are just hideous.

Natalie Gayle is here (7-6-11) She is amazing, but I wish I could have broken the girl "streak" for our families (last male was born 23 years ago).

Possibly TTC boy again in 2013, but saving for adoption. The baby Jensen T. account!

EXPECTING PARENTS! Check out www.4eric.org Get educated!

Readyforbaby3

Joined 28-Dec-10

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 9:55 pm

I love shopping for my boys but now that I have clothes in every season for each size I have no excuse to go shopping if I have a third boy.  Plus as much as I like the boy clothes, it would be nice to shop on the other side of Carters for once.

Baby Bear Boy  2007 Baby Bear Boy 2010 Baby Bear Girl 2013

Joined 10-Apr-12

11-Apr-12 4:57 am
Girl clothes do the same to me. Threat we found out this baby was a boy we went to walmart and I couldn't even bear to go to the baby section.
Baby Bear BoyDeborah ~ mother of one little boy, apparently another little boy on the way due in August.

Joined 5-Apr-12

11-Apr-12 9:44 am

SadDad:
I posted this a few months ago on a different thread, but I have bought probably 5 boy outfits for our, hopefully, future son. I just get tired of all the combinations of pink, cupcakes, ladybugs, and ruffles on my daughter's clothes. Boy stuff has more variety. The other humorously annoying part is my MIL has no taste at all. My wife and I detest the trashy screen print Disney princess crap and that's all her mom buys us. So we have a bunch in a plastic sack that we empty at Good Will every now and then. She did a nice job on the Easter dress and a few others, but some are just hideous.

I couldnt agree with you more!! My MIL as well as ALL of my inlaws have awful taste in girls clothes. My MIL will buy the disney princess stuff youre talking about, or just the ugliest things she can find. Anything she finds she will always say she found it on sale marked down from like $7 to $2. I want to tell her its probably marked down so low because noone else wanted the ugly mess. Lol. Most of the stuff my MIL buys I either use as play clothes, so they can go outside & get them filthy, stained or whatever & it doesnt matter because its only playing clothes. Or I too bag them up for Good Will. LOL!!! So glad im not alone!

I bought 2 onesies when I was pregnant with DD3 before I knew the sex...one was a camo onesie that said "MAJOR HUNK" & the other was a onesie that said "Daddys Itty Bitty Fishin' Buddy" Ovbiously I didnt get to use them. But, for now they are hanging in the back of DD3's closet, in hopes of one day I can put them on my son.

Page: of 1