Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

I can't believe we are doing this (swaying)! Warning: religious views expressed :O

Joined 2-Apr-12

10-Apr-12 11:31 am

Oh my goodness this feels real now! DH and I have talked a lot about TTC this summer (since our mc last week) and he is actually on board with diet/supps/pH testing... and I'm a little bit surprised.  He's even tolerating the talk of negative ions and moon phases! ;)  I used to think that swaying showed a lack of faith in a way... but am feeling more and more at peace about it, that its really just taking initiative in a situation, using our knowledge, resources, and abilities to work for what we want.  I don't believe God wants for us to wait around hoping and making no effort toward chasing other dreams, like a career or physical achievment... so why not go after what we want for our families to the best of our abilities?  Anyone agree?  Or am I just finding a way to justify it to myself?

I hope this is not offensive to anyone, just a new revelation that has given me a new outlook on all of this and I am excited about all of it and need to share!  I just ordered the pH testing stuff today, and rose quartz and tourmaline beads to make a neg ion necklace.  I started charting temps in FF yesterday, and am working on a rough draft and shopping list for *the plan*.  We are hoping to try for June or July, and will be starting the supps in the next couple of weeks, and getting serious about the diet the 1st week of May (after I see my OB for mc followup).  I'm switching dr's and hope she is supportive of the swaying plan- has anyone had a dr that supports it? 

My head is exploding from all of the new info I've been reading about gender determination! Any input on my plan as I come up with it is totally welcome by the way.  Thanks for letting me get that out and good luck to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe someday I'll learn how to do the cute little ticker with the blue babies..... but for now here are my stats-

DS 2007  -  DS 2009  -  swaying and praying for pink in 2013

<3 Bex

Joined 15-Nov-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

10-Apr-12 11:50 am

Hi Bexxie! I too am a firm believer and have a lot of faith! But here are my views.. we do not have a punishing God, a judgemental God or a God of wrath. He gives us tools, knowledge and the abilities to live our life happily. We can pray and ask him to work, and that is that. But what if He gives US the tools to give us the desires of our heart. We have to work for Him and allow His will to be done! We have to claim these things in His name and allow them to be done. When I pray about having a son or a baby in general. I usually say "God, may Your will ALWAYS be done in my life and please allow me the tools and knowledge to gain the desires of my heart. I desire to have a son and should it be in Your will I claim this in Your name and it shall be done" Then I do the research on swaying, and let myself listen to him.. Even though some swear o using EW I will not be, something is telling me not to, I've read all the supplements to use for TTC boy and felt in my heart which I need to be taking and which not to be. Some things havent gone as I planned them, but it's not MY will it's HIS will, and what will be, will be. Good luck to you!!!!!

"I may be small but I matter. Teach me. Love me. Believe in me. Because with your guidance, one day, when I'm all grown up, I will be someone amazing"

Baby Bear GirlAdysen 3-2007 Baby Bear GirlBaylor 7-2011 Baby Bear GirlHaidynn 1-2013

Joined 25-Jun-10

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 12:08 pm

The way I look at it is that God can give you which ever he chooses...no matter how hard we sway.  Maybe just doing a deticated sway shows Him how much you really desire what you're after and He'll give you that baby just for you're diligence...?

I truly think that we get the baby that is meant for our family and there is nothing wrong with changing your diet or taking extra vitamins to try and get what you want. :)

Good luck!!!

Joined 26-Feb-12

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 12:17 pm

I agree, God will give us what he wants.  Maybe He has led us here because he wants to use the sway techniques as part of His plan.  There are a lot of religious ladies on here so maybe God is the one directing us here for some purpose.  Actually prayer is a big part of my own sway plan.  I'm so glad there is another summer swayer on here.  I have started a thread called ttc a girl in summer 2012.  Come join us and we can share research and support each other through this journey.  Lots of pink dust to you!!!

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbroken+    PrayBaby Bear Girl

Joined 2-Apr-12

10-Apr-12 4:09 pm

Thank you all for your responses, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my thinking :)  I'll be praying for all of you!

Joined 20-Mar-12

10-Apr-12 4:18 pm

I was seriously crying the whole time reading these posts... it's so amazing that so many of you have the same feelings as I have been having for so long.... my heart has been feeling all the same ways as mentioned above... and I totally agree that God knows best and he will give us the babies that are supposed to be in our families... but if you feel like He's led you to learning about some of these things we can change in our bodies in order to try our very best for the desires of our hearts... then I think that's a great thing!  I love what FiveBabies said about God giving us these precious babies because we worked so hard to go after our ultimate hopes and desires for our families... especially if the husband is on-board with the plans and you both feel at peace about what you are doing... I think the Lord really would reward that! 

Thanks for all the sharing Ladies :)

Leah, Wife and Mom to 5 precious boys and expecting baby boy #6!

Joined 26-Feb-12

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 6:12 pm

I have been thinking a lot lately about how I even found the IG site.  When my DH and I were thinking of ttc our third child I was still thinking of the Shettles method.  I had always had long cycles (I would ovulate on day 20 or later) so we decided that we would dtd without protection from after AF until 7 days later and I thought there was no way that I would get pregnant or if I did it would be a girl.  Well it took a while but eventually I had an unexpected short cycle and ovulated early (about 5 days after we had dtd).  And then we were surprised to be expecting our DS#3.  He was definitely in God's plan for us, I love him dearly:)  But the funny thing is that was in 2009 so InGender was around and I could have found it then but I didn't and now in 2012 when we are thinking of ttc again I found IG and I felt this was right.  I feel that I am supposed to do my best to sway and then leave it up to God.  Whether or not it is in His plan for the sway to work we will see.  Maybe it is His plan for me to support and encourage other ladies on their journey.  We will see what happens but I am at peace with swaying.

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbroken+    PrayBaby Bear Girl

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 6:58 pm

fivebabies:

The way I look at it is that God can give you which ever he chooses...no matter how hard we sway.  Maybe just doing a deticated sway shows Him how much you really desire what you're after and He'll give you that baby just for you're diligence...?

I truly think that we get the baby that is meant for our family and there is nothing wrong with changing your diet or taking extra vitamins to try and get what you want. :)

Good luck!!!

thisis what I believe.  when I paryed for 14 years for a duaghter- I never got one- I dont think I was being punished- it was what God felt I needed- for whatever reason.  I stopped praying to God for a daughter- and prayed to God for what I was grateful for - and that I wanted to give me what God felt I should have- he knew my "girl desires" 

Funny when I acepted what God wanted me to have - I have been blessed with not only my 3 sons- but I am expecting a  daughter in August- just thought I would share. 

Good luck 

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 8:33 pm
Hi Bexxie, Swaying can def mess with your head and emotions at times, wondering if what you are doing is the 'right' thing to do. I am not a particularly religious person..... I believe in an afterlife etc, and there is defintiley more to us than a physical body, but I'm not a regular church goer or anything. Having said that I was concerned with swaying to a degree, and when I fell pregnant, my anxiety did step up a bit. I was really worried that I would be 'punished' for trying to choose or sway the gender of my next child. So I was terrified I was going to miscarry, or that the baby would have something wrong, to teach me a lesson. My mum brought me back down to earth, and pointed out that there were people all over the world hurting each other or doing terrible things to others, and not to worry about taking a few pills and modifying our diet to try and sway our chances. That helped me put it into perspective a bit. At the end of the day,you may get the opposite gender to what you are trying for, and I think that the important thing is that you are ok with this before you start swaying....if you know in your heart you would love either gender regardless, then I don't think there is anything wrong with swaying. I read a while ago that you get the soul that fits with your family, not the gender, and I think this is a nice way to look at things. Try not to worry about swaying, you could be doing a lot worse things in life.! Good luck with your sway!

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Four times lucky and we are (probably Confused Huh?) done !

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Link to my sway : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/236361.aspx

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 10:54 pm

Wow. This thread made me cry.
CanadianTTC4, I love your thoughts on it...I went through something incredibly difficult 2 years ago, it made me rely heavily on my faith. I was having a hard time finding the words to pray. I learned then to give God my prayers. He already knows what we want or need without the specific words.

With this, I'm giving God my prayers. I would absolutely adore a little girl, but my heart would love a sweet baby boy just as much.
I suffered with GD when I learned my 3rd DS was a boy. I felt so guilty, but when they put that little guy in my arms, my heart melted. I adore all of my boys, but he and I have been incredibly close. He has brought so much joy to our lives, he truly has been a gift. MountainViews, I swear we are living the same life story. ♥

Joined 14-Jan-10

Top Poster
11-Apr-12 6:39 pm

Glad I found this, because I was having some problems with swaying...I am trying to convince myself that it is okay....choosing what we might have in a sense...I know God will give me what He feels is best regardless and in that I find comfort...thank God He does that, because on too many occasions I have wanted things that would have been bad in my life. I just have a feeling we are supposed to have that girl and I don't think we can do it alone...we really only make boys...sounds funny, but we do... I hope for all of us that we get what we want...

Thankful for my bubbies!!!!!

Joined 8-Oct-07

Top Poster
11-Apr-12 10:21 pm
If you are trying to reconcile gender swaying with your religion..try to remember.. "the Lord helps those who help themselves" and...I never have believed that God or Jesus or anyone else micromanages us from heaven. I think as long as what you are doing is not an actual sin (I could not do PGD or abortion to have a particular gender) then there is no issue.

Joined 8-Oct-07

Top Poster
11-Apr-12 10:26 pm
I want to add..there is nothing in the bible that says "don't drink cranberry while TTC" or "don't time your sex" or otherwise..in hopes of getting one gender over the other. And remember...all the swaying in the world and you could still get the other gender. It is not a guarantee. If you are worried that timing your sex, eating a particular diet, or anything else like that would be unbiblical...then you are putting too much faith in the gender swaying...OR ...you just are not thinking it all through logically. I don't mean that in a rude way at all...so please don't read a negative tone in to that. What I mean is...you would take antibiotics if you were sick...eat low salt if you were having blood pressure issues...or heck...eat lower fat and exercise more just to get skinnier not for health reasons..just cause you want to. You would also likely do make up (that is not the face God gave you) and do your hair rather than just leave it how God made it. God gave you the ability to brush your hair and wash it and all that for a reason. IN FACT...to take it a step further..I am just betting that you wear clothes beyond the ones God gave you. SO..why get worked up over things like timing sex and drinking milk and so on.

Joined 29-Jul-10

Top Poster
11-Apr-12 11:17 pm
I love this so much. I prayed so hard for my daughter, all the while asking God for His will to be done in my life. I truly believe that God designed male and female sperm different for a reason. I think sometimes He wants us to work with Him as how He designed our bodies. I prayed a 54 day rosary novena to our lady and conceived exactly 6 months after the novena was completed.

Thank You God and Our Lady!

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
11-Apr-12 11:36 pm

stickybeans:
I love this so much. I prayed so hard for my daughter, all the while asking God for His will to be done in my life. I truly believe that God designed male and female sperm different for a reason. I think sometimes He wants us to work with Him as how He designed our bodies. I prayed a 54 day rosary novena to our lady and conceived exactly 6 months after the novena was completed.

StickyBeans, I love this SO much! Congratulations on your sweet baby girl.

Page: of 2