Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

TTC a girl in Summer or Fall 2012

Joined 26-Feb-12

Top Poster
9-Apr-12 5:46 pm

I thought I would start a thread for all of us wanting to ttc a girl this summer.  I have noticed a lot of ladies, like myself, that are doing a lot of research and coming up with our plans.  I thought we could join together and share research and then over the summer we can share what is working or not working with our plans to conceive.  Just drop a note here to introduce yourself and share anything interesting or useful to other girl swayers.  Thanks, looking forward to hearing from all of you and learning from you.

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbroken+    PrayBaby Bear Girl

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
9-Apr-12 5:52 pm

Love this thread already! Thanks for doing this MountainViews.

Joined 20-Mar-12

9-Apr-12 7:33 pm

Hey Ladies!

This is great!  We are going to be technically TTC a little earlier than summer...but close enough... we are thinking June (or late May depending on how my cycles are/ovulation schedule :)

I will be adding any useful info that I can to this! :)

You all are so helpful and encouraging to me already!!

Leah, Wife and Mom to 5 precious boys!

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
9-Apr-12 8:07 pm

Okay, because this is the only place I can share this...

LOL...I actually videotaped my DH's specimen under the microscope tonight - so I could compare it to videos I found on youtube. A lot of them seem to be zigzagging in their movements, like a grocery cart with one wobbly front wheel. Does that make sense? I hope it means there are a lot of girlies in there!!!

Booey, we'll be starting to try at the same time you are!

Here's to BFP's for both of us and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of PINK DUST!! :)

Joined 29-Mar-12

9-Apr-12 9:55 pm

Thanks MountainViews for starting this thread. I just wanted to pop-in and say hi!  We have been blessed with two boys (6 and 2) and will TTC for a girl in July. GO PINK PINK PINK PINK PINK Happy Wink 

Baby Boy 3/2/2006 Baby Boy 10/8/2009 hoping for ttc Baby Girl

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
9-Apr-12 10:00 pm
bushelandapeck:

Thanks MountainViews for starting this thread. I just wanted to pop-in and say hi!  We have been blessed with two boys (6 and 2) and will TTC for a girl in July. GO PINK PINK PINK PINK PINK Happy Wink 

Hi Bushel & Peck!
(I sing that song to my boys all the time) :)

It's nice to meet you...hopefully we can all learn something from each other on this amazing journey! Hearts

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
9-Apr-12 10:57 pm

Okay, I'm leaning toward TBM again. LOL.

Not only can you manually keep the sperm count down, but you can keep your ph & testosterone levels from going up!

Joined 26-Feb-12

Top Poster
9-Apr-12 11:14 pm
Yay!  I think TBM is the way to go.  You can add the lime (but I'm leaning toward diluted lime, not pure lime) and check after every drop to be sure they are still alive and you can see if you have a lot more circle swimmers.  Also, like you were saying it will keep pH and testoserone low and you can definitely keep from doing the big O.  TBM will not be very romantic but hopefully it will get the job done. LOL!

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 1:00 am

Too true...not exactly romantic, but there's lots of time for the lovey dovey stuff later, right? LOL (Well, at least until the new babies get here)

Are you going to use a diva cup? I'm kind of leaning that way! Looks like it may be an easy way to go!

And I agree completely...definitely diluted lime!

Joined 26-Feb-12

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 12:41 pm

I was thinking of inserting the mixture with a medicine syringe, the kind you get from the pharmacy to give kids medicine.  And then I was going to lay down with hips propped for an hour or so.  I think the diva cup is just to keep the stuff in, right?  So if you do the hips propped maybe the diva cup isn't necessary?  Is there another reason it helps sway girl that I'm not thinking about?  I'm trying to keep the cost down, supplements, salt lamp, rose quartz, etc.  It's kind of adding up, not that a baby would be any cheaper, especially a girl with all the cute clothes!

Tiffany12345 is another summer swayer and she and I are trying to figure out how to get Aci-jel.  Were you able to purchase it?  Are you in the US?  Any ideas on how we can get some?  I think that would be the perfect thing to insert just before the sperm/lime mixture.  I saw Tamara say on an older post that Aci-jel is better than rephresh because of the acetic acid so I'd really like to get some.

Stillwanttwomore....

Joined 3-Oct-10

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 1:10 pm

For the life of me I cannot find it, I am in Canada and still nothing....boo...:(  but apparently I can order ti from NZ, but it would cost me almost $70, and that is if customs will lt it through.

BTW:  I have my meal plan in place...and it is boring. 

MountainViews:

I was thinking of inserting the mixture with a medicine syringe, the kind you get from the pharmacy to give kids medicine.  And then I was going to lay down with hips propped for an hour or so.  I think the diva cup is just to keep the stuff in, right?  So if you do the hips propped maybe the diva cup isn't necessary?  Is there another reason it helps sway girl that I'm not thinking about?  I'm trying to keep the cost down, supplements, salt lamp, rose quartz, etc.  It's kind of adding up, not that a baby would be any cheaper, especially a girl with all the cute clothes!

Tiffany12345 is another summer swayer and she and I are trying to figure out how to get Aci-jel.  Were you able to purchase it?  Are you in the US?  Any ideas on how we can get some?  I think that would be the perfect thing to insert just before the sperm/lime mixture.  I saw Tamara say on an older post that Aci-jel is better than rephresh because of the acetic acid so I'd really like to get some.

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 2:09 pm

No, I don't have aci-jel. I have Rephresh and Replens and plan to experiment with both. I'll research for the aci-jel though and let you know what I find out!

I completely hear you on the cost! It's getting ridiculous...especially with the stuff that I bought and now won't be using. Really, I should've investigated before I bought anything, but oh well. (The progesterone cream was $30, then there's the Saw Palmetto, Vitex, etc, etc. etc...lol)

The Diva cup thing is sort of a swim-up from what I read last night. You make your "splime" and then put it into the Diva cup and let the sperm do their thing. You can leave the diva cup in for a few hours. I'm actually really considering it! My concern was having to make an incubator and find pasteurized egg whites, but apparently you don't necessarily need to do that. (They did say it helps to put sylk in the bottom of the cup to help the sperm out)

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/128388.aspx

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/120164.aspx - she says she did "TBM", but I have read other posts where she said she put the sample directly into the diva cup.

Decisions...decisions!!! ;)

Joined 25-Mar-12

Top Poster
10-Apr-12 2:31 pm

Joined 2-Apr-12

10-Apr-12 3:40 pm

Great idea- love this club ;)  There are so many options and products out there... cost is definitely adding up, though nothing compared to high tech!  I'm really looking forward to reading everyone's plans! I've been reading through the database of past sways and over-analyzing every decision I have to make.  The stats are encouraging though.  Good luck to ALL OF US!!!

Joined 2-Apr-12

10-Apr-12 4:02 pm

tiffany12345:

For the life of me I cannot find it, I am in Canada and still nothing....boo...:(  but apparently I can order ti from NZ, but it would cost me almost $70, and that is if customs will lt it through.

http://www.nz-online-pharmacy.com/products/Aci%252dJel-Vaginal-Jelly.html

Tiffany, is this the link you tried?  I just ordered it for $48 with free shipping.  Then I checked it for shipping to Canada, I just put in British Columbia and the first zip code I could google :) and it still was showing free shipping.  Not sure where exactly you are located but maybe worth a try! 

Page: of 237