Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

16 week 6 day scan potty shot- Boy bits behind the cord?!!! Please could I get a guess from a tech?

Joined 10-Jan-10

8-Apr-12 6:26 am
Hi, I had a private ultrasound last week and was confirmed boy. When the sonographer was looking at the potty shot I said that I could make out the boy parts and was happy ( turned out the parts I was looking at was SO not the boy parts- was looking at the huge object to the right in the shot!! Lol) I had a friend look at it last night and the object between the legs that is to the left that I assumed must be the boy parts she is adamant is the cord. She said that the faint red lines you can see in the scan pic ( can't see in the photo I took of it) are blood vessels that show the cord and sure enough you can see the faint red lines running alongside the left leg and between the legs. If this is true why didn't the sonographer say anything about the cord being between the legs? Did she mistake it for the penis? My friend thinks she could have been able to identify the boy parts behind the cord but I haven't got a clue as to what I am looking at. Since she is the professional I'm sure she must be right. Are there any techs out there that could help me put this to rest by circling the boy goods please? ;) Would much appreciate knowing that this is def my lil boy and that the next scan I have will not confirm otherwise!!!! Many thanks!!
Full-size image

Lena

Joined 15-Jun-07

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

8-Apr-12 8:31 am

I see boy parts.  Congrats!

Joined 13-Mar-12

8-Apr-12 11:52 am
I would say that the circled is the bits, however I am having trouble deciding if that is a penis or a swollen clitoris :(
Full-size image
Baby Bear Boy 11/26/09 ~~ Baby Bear Girl due 09/23/12

Joined 10-Jan-10

9-Apr-12 9:44 am
Hmmmm...... I was thinking that I was going to get so many confirmations that this is glaringly obvious boy that I am surprised that there have been at last count 126 views and only two comments made :( Thanks so much lovemy4 and amorse23 for your comments, they are much appreciated. amores23- When I look at the 'bits' close up, the same as you have circled, I can only see two lines with a dot in the middle which I have read could mean a swollen clitoris. I cannot for the life of me make out either a 'turtlehead' or 3 dots to see boy parts that were obviously indicated by the sonographer. I have some profile shots that I couldn't see anything that resembled a nub and am afraid they will be as useless as the 12 week scan pics I posted. However, what do I know! ;) If anyone can see any boy bits from my photos ( I will try and post them next) I will be extremely grateful!!
Full-size image

Joined 10-Jan-10

9-Apr-12 9:49 am
Another;
Full-size image

Joined 10-Jan-10

9-Apr-12 9:49 am
3rd pic
Full-size image

Joined 10-Jan-10

9-Apr-12 9:52 am
4th pic
Full-size image

Joined 10-Jan-10

9-Apr-12 9:56 am
5th pic
Full-size image

Joined 10-Jan-10

9-Apr-12 9:58 am
And finally:
Full-size image

Joined 4-Feb-10

Top Poster
9-Apr-12 3:07 pm
I'm split. The additional pics you posted aren't helpful unfortunately. I'd trust the tech though.

Baby Girl (2010)... Baby Girl #2 Due July 3, 2013

Joined 6-Apr-12

9-Apr-12 3:44 pm
What is that big thing next to your baby's parts! Sorry, I'm new at this!

Joined 10-Jan-10

9-Apr-12 3:57 pm
Thanks! I did'nt think they were much good. Was disappointed at the quality of the pphotos since iI actually paid for them too! Yeah, will just go with boy and expect confirmation at 20 weeks xx

Joined 10-Jan-10

9-Apr-12 4:00 pm
Thanks, I'm not sure what that is! Maybe an arm or a leg? I now know its not actually a penis, that's what I thought at first. Shows how clueless I am!! xx

Joined 10-Jan-10

12-Apr-12 7:36 am

Am bumping for any guesses from techs please? :(

Joined 6-Apr-12

25-Apr-12 10:27 am
Do you have any updates for us?
Page: of 1