Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

What are your triggers?

Joined 31-Mar-11

5-Apr-12 1:54 pm

Though I have not confirmed that this is my second boy (my last baby, sadly) I have very strong feeling that it is. In fact, I wouldn't believe it is a girl until I see it with my own eyes in person.  Regardless, I do NOT want to let GD get me down for a lifetime - and I know that means I will probably have to learn to live with (and avoid) some triggers.

Right now, my triggers are:

A certain children's boutique in our town that sells both boys and girls' clothes - but their ENTIRE front window is done in tutus and the displays by the cashier are literally exploding with bows, barrettes and headbands. The boys' half is drab by comparison - so I can't shop there right now.

Gymboree. Yes, even Gymboree. It got me through the first pregnancy, but unless I can figure out a way to blind my left eye so I can't see that side of the store when I walk in, I just can't go there anymore. Maybe not ever.

Two girls at work with beautiful, adorable, frilly, cute little girls. Both are about my son's age. I have to avoid them right now. I am just so jealous.

How about you? 

Kimberly

Baby Bear Boy  2009 + Baby Bear Boy 2012 (Failed sway)

I never wanted boys - was hoping for Baby Bear Girl in 2012, but I'M TAKING WHAT I'VE GOT! Heartbroken

"If you want to hear G-d laugh, tell Him your plans." - Yiddish proverb

Joined 16-Mar-12

5-Apr-12 2:40 pm

Seeing little boys love on their moms....*insert shattering heart sound*

Baby Girl- 2002

Praying for Baby Bear Boy 9/2012

Spring_the_mommy

Joined 22-May-08

6-Apr-12 10:17 am
My biggest triggers are baby girls and all things cute, frilly, ruffles, pink, blah blah blah. I am so jealous of the girl mommas I know. My best friend just had her 2 girl a few months ago and I ran out of her baby shower. I love my boys! I just have this huge hole.
Baby Boy 17Baby Boy 16Baby Boy 15Baby Boy 11Baby Girl 9 Baby Boy 7 Baby Boy 5Baby Boy 3 Baby Boy 2 Baby Boy 5/28

Joined 3-Mar-12

6-Apr-12 12:32 pm
I have the hardest time listening to my dh extended family go on about all the boys in the family and how no one can ever give them a baby girl to spoil and love. It breaks my heart, and if this baby turns out to be a boy I know I'll feel like a failure to them. All the comments of "Oh well, try for a girl next time" and "Looks like you're cursed with boys too, hopefully so and so will get pregnant with a girl" will tear me down and definitely trigger my gd.
Baby Bear Boy March 2009 Baby Bear Boy November 2012

Joined 13-Mar-09

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Apr-12 1:16 pm

When I was pregnant my triggers were anything cute and girlie (i.e. butterflies, princess crowns etc) and of course baby girls! For some reason older toddlers/children didn't bother me as much, mainly just the baby girls.

As soon as my DS3 was born the GD completely melted away and so I no longer have any triggers that would make me disappointed to have my boys... HOWEVER there are some things that sometimes cause me to feel a little gender desire (not disappointment). Honestly I would say that 9 days out of 10 I don't even think about not having a girl or wanting one, but on those 10th days when the thought does come up it is usually triggered by the same things that triggered my GD during pregnancy.

owl siggy

Joined 31-Mar-11

6-Apr-12 1:20 pm

I have to add another one: pigtails. Something about them just makes me yearn for a girl. Little girls without pigtails, not so much. My DS has always had a full head of hair and I put him in pigtails a couple of times and took pictures. He is too little to remember and the pictures are hidden, but I have spent a lot of time imagining all the things I could have done with his hair if he was a girl. You know this means that if I do get my girl, she will be bald...Happy ROFL

Kimberly

I never wanted boys - was hoping for Baby Bear Girl in 2012, but I'M TAKING WHAT I'VE GOT! Heartbroken

Joined 16-Oct-11

6-Apr-12 4:06 pm
When I hear about someone getting my DG. When I see someone on the forum post who has a boy and a girl (PP) in their siggy.

Joined 31-Mar-11

6-Apr-12 4:31 pm

Oh, yes, definitely me, too, cowbell. I have a hard time with the folks who already have their PP. And the people with multiple girls - I would have been thrilled to  only have girls. I never wanted a boy, not even one. I  love him now that he's here, of course, but I just never ever thought of myself having a boy - and certainly not only boys!

Kimberly

Joined 21-Feb-11

6-Apr-12 5:29 pm

Triggers. Hmm.

1. My friends talking about all the father/son stuff that they get to do. It makes me soooo jealous.

2. All the awesome baby boy clothes and variety of themes. My house is a giant pink, fluffy, girly explosion.

3. Songs. I dont know why, but there are 3 on right now that get to me and make me stay away from Country music: "He's Mine," "I've Been Watching You," and "If He's Anything Like Me."

This has nothing to do with any of this stuff, but at the Oriental restaurant last night my fortune cookie read, "You will soon gain something you have always desired." Not that anyone can believe in a fortune cookie, but it made me want to smile for the future. Ha ha.

Natalie Gayle is here (7-6-11) She is amazing, but I wish I could have broken the girl "streak" for our families (last male was born 23 years ago).

Possibly TTC boy again in 2013, but saving for adoption. The baby Jensen T. account!

EXPECTING PARENTS! Check out www.4eric.org Get educated!

Joined 31-Mar-11

6-Apr-12 6:31 pm
SadDad - rdg your post made me smile. I feel like my house is overrun with trains, cars, trucks, random rocks, plastic dinosaurs, etc. and it IS overwhelming to be inundated with the OTHER type stuff, isn't it? :( I think a lot about being left out of the mother-daughter convos. I don't think I'll be able to have many friends with girls. Just too crazy-making.

Kimberly

Joined 31-Mar-11

6-Apr-12 6:32 pm
And I hope your fortune cookie was right!!!

Kimberly

Joined 31-Jan-12

Top Poster
6-Apr-12 7:20 pm
Have to agree with unsure where to go and also I have to stay away from baseball fields (my love)! Sigh.......how I wish I could shop for a Baby Mets Jersey with a Mets cap!
Baby Bear Girl 2005 Baby Bear Girl 2010 Baby Bear Girl due 8/2012

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

6-Apr-12 7:24 pm

what triggers me??? well after 10 years im finally getting my dg. but i hate that people hate me or want to slap me for having girls. its not like i picked what gender i got. meanwhile i think, but you were blessed with a beautiful healthy son. i lost 2 daughters, had 3 miscarriages and now im looking at a premie son who may face a lifetime of probems.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken

Joined 5-Apr-12

6-Apr-12 9:52 pm

My triggers...are finding out someone I know is having a little boy, ESP having a little boy after having girls. I love my 3 girls with all my heart, dont get me wrong. But I ache for a son. Ive done the bow, the tutus, the princess stuff..& i love it i really do..but i want to experience the other side of kids too..& thats having a son. A girl I grew up with found out last week shes having a boy after 2 girls. Not to mention, this is her 3rd baby & all 3 of her kids will have different fathers. When I saw her facebook post about it being a boy...it was early last sunday morning...i ran to my bathroom & began sobbing. Sobbing so loudly i woke DH up. He came in & I told him why i was crying...he feels the same way I do about a little boy, but he is great with our girls..they definitely have him wrapped. But like me he wants a son.

When I go shopping for my girls, its hard. I have to buy triple times the girl stuff & no little boy stuff at all. Everything is pink pink pink. I would just like a tiny bit of blue mixed in.

Baby Bear Girl 2008, Baby Bear Girl 2010, Baby Bear Girl 2011
Hearts my girls but am Pray God sends us a Baby Bear Boy when we sway in 2013!!

Joined 2-Aug-09

Top Poster
6-Apr-12 10:36 pm
I don't know if I have a trigger really but I can only think of if a dreadful woman (we all meet them...grrrr) has a lovely little Baby Bear Boy I think "she doesn't deserve him" but I actually ENJOY being around boys!!, I'm not doing bad. I think I just try and think "well I'll adopt mine one day"!! Happy Smile. SadDad, I hope your fortune cookie is telling you the truth!!, I am half Asian so we're always right!! Happy ROFL

PrayBaby Boy for me one day (via adoption) if I can get my operation in New York and it's successfull!!...NEVER giving up!

. My dream! #BELIEVE everyone.
Page: of 3