Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

IVF/PGD Success stories WITHOUT Microsort?

Joined 2-Apr-12

2-Apr-12 4:12 pm

I have been reading through a lot of the posts today, and was able to find a number of threads that talked about success stories, so that was great!

However, I am started to get discouraged since in most of the cases I read a success story, it was with MS/IVF/PGD, which obviously is no longer an option in the United States.  Thus, I was curious about hearing and having a thread for success stories that was plain vanilla IVF/PGD, since I know the chances of getting the gender you desire is reduced as compared to with MS.

So how about it? Anyone have success stories that does not involve MS (btw, I am super jealous of all of you that were able to take advantage of the MS availablity for the couple of years it was!!!!)

I have two boys and am planning to do a PGD cycle, but probably not for another 6-8 months, since my youngest is very little still and I am BF.

Joined 28-Mar-07

Top Poster
2-Apr-12 4:45 pm

Yep, success story here, no MS, just plain old IVF/PGD.  I think in some ways you have a better shot with MS as the odds of the desired gender is higher BUT they are messing with the sperm more and could damage them therefore lowering your chance of getting pg.  So don't be too disappointed, it still can work.

Joined 15-Aug-09

Top Poster
2-Apr-12 5:23 pm

Agree. I wasn't comfortable with the MS technology and lack of approval and the sperm manipulation. We went the "old fashioned" way. :-)

Sarah Mom to two perfect, adorable, amazing boys! Starting IVF/PGD for a little girl on 5/26/2010 IVF 1: right ovary inaccessible, no transfer (no normal females out of 4 embies) IVF2: cancelled: severe allergic reaction to Lupron IVF3: no normal females out of 5 embies IVF4: 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with last cycle IVF5: 7 eggs retrieved, 1 fertilized. Fresh + frozen to PGD = TWO HEALTHY FEMALES! Transfer 3/11, BFN IVF6: 6 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized = ONE healthy female! BFN IVF7: 1 egg retrieved! :-(, fertilized - frozen to batch PGD with *last* cycle IVF8: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 grew, batched with frozen = ONE healthy female! Transfer 3/4/12 - BFP!!! Miscarriage at 11 weeks. Looks like we're a two-boy family forever!

Joined 28-Nov-10

Top Poster
3-Apr-12 5:37 pm

Well I'd be interested in this statistic also.

When we applied for Microsort way back, they strongly encouraged us to add the Microsort to IVF because 25% of IVF/PGD cycles will end up with no transfer from lack of embryos the right sex. Sad 

I really wish 60 minutes had done a piece on just plain IVF/PGD because that's the only thing available right now! 

Baby Bear Boy - 04

Baby Bear Boy - 07

Pray for a Baby Girl to complete our family!

Numerous MS IUI failures.

IVF/PGD fail. Not a single normal girl out of 10 embryos Sad

IVF/PGD#2 - PUPO with a SET normal girl!!!
Beta #1: 78
Beta #2: 238
My angel in heaven Baby Girl.....where to now??? Hearts

IVF/PGD#3 - BFP!!!! More low betas, miscarry 8 weeks

Dutch Girl Sway BFP!! Identical Twins... no heartbeat @ 10 weeks :(

Joined 1-Jun-11

5-Apr-12 6:44 am

Hi mum of 3 girls and one boy

For the moment I m a mom of 3 girls and I want a baby boy...the first attempt was bfn

I want to choose the best clinic...could I demand you where have you do you PGD IVF PLEASE

Joined 28-Mar-07

Top Poster
5-Apr-12 6:49 am

Hi lou255, where abouts in the world do you live?

Joined 6-Jan-09

11-Apr-12 2:16 pm

When we first decided to go high tech, our doctor highly recommended MS but we didn't want to go that route.  We simply told him we weren't interested and he agreed to go with our plan.  We had success on our first cycle.  We had 7 embryos biopsied, 3 healthy boys, 3 healthy girls and one adnormal boy.  We transferred 2 healthy female embryos and ended up pregnant with triplets.  One fraternal girl and a set of identical girls.  It's amazing, fantastic and wonderful.  

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy...and Precious Triplet Baby GirlBaby GirlBaby Girl's.

Joined 6-Oct-11

20-Apr-12 1:42 pm
I did plain PGD and I got pregnant on first try. :-D I am now eight months pregnant.
Filur from Sweden. Three beautiful boys and one beautiful baby girl (by PGD).

Joined 29-Dec-09

20-Apr-12 11:02 pm
When we were dealing with givf it was going to cost us $2500 for MS, (we got in on a deal) but were told by them that MS doesn't really increase odds too much, that we could expect that we would on average only get 60/40 odds, so one more boy than girl. Didn't seem like great odds to justify the cost so we said no, not that we ever got to use them. Honestly, look into foods that sway for gender for hubby, mine took maca root powder for the month prior to my cycle and we got 5 boys and only 1 girl. I don't think that was a coincidence. Our first cycle was pretty much a 50/50 split. This cycle loading hubby up on all boy foods for the next 6 months.
12-5-09: IVF/PGD - Transferred Baby BoyBaby Boy - BFP 9dp5dt
1st beta:  9dp5dt = 86
2nd beta: 12dp5dt = 306
u/s : 1-04-10 Baby Boy
M/C at 12 weeks.Heartbroken

Transferred Baby BoyBaby Boy 1-20-12 BFP 4dp5dt! (could've been 3 if I'd used a FRER) 1st beta: 9dp5dt = 199! 2nd beta: 12dp5dt = 635 3rd beta: 17dp5dt = 2790 2 blighted ovums at 5W5D ~ Missed Miscarriage at 12 weeks. NOT GIVING UP! Changing ME!!!

Joined 2-Apr-12

26-Apr-12 12:07 pm

Tinksmagic, thanks for the advice.  Where can I find out what type of foods I should have my husband eat for gender to sway girl? I find oncerte information on this hard to find on the other boards.

Joined 8-Apr-12

26-Apr-12 12:19 pm
IVF + PGD fish 5 probes. 13 embryos, 8 normal: 7 xx (5 blasts) and 1 xy (blast). Tried before with day 3 CGH, all abnormal. I am now 15 wks pregnant with a little girl and have 2 wonderful boys. It was not easy because of the first doctor and the CGH, but I am so so so happy now. Would do all over again!
Baby Boy 01 + Baby Boy 04 + Baby Bear Girl due Oct 2012 = Hearts

Joined 11-Jul-11

1-May-12 10:49 pm
Hi mumof3girls, I'm a mum if 3 boys:)) was wondering where u had success? We are planning on pgd/ivf in jan 2013.

Joined 15-Sep-10

5-May-12 11:06 pm

We had our girl with plain IVF/PGD. We considered Microsort but all the research seemed to point toward it being a rip-off. I would like to add that I hope you can enjoy your boys! I was so sad that I didn't have a girl, that my second son (who is phenominal) missed out on some appreciation from me. I feel very guilty about that. 

Baby Boy 2002 Baby Boy 2005 Baby Girl 2010

Joined 1-Apr-09

Top Poster
8-May-12 5:05 pm
Wow, nice to see that some women have had success on their first "plain" IVF/PGD try! May I ask you which clinic(s) and doctor(s) you went to? May I also ask, to those who didn't mention it, how many embryos you had transferred? Because not that I don't find twins to be so adorable, but I just cannot see myself with 4 kids (3 would already be a stretch)... so we would probably transfer only one embryo. Thanks! :)

Joined 8-Apr-12

8-May-12 5:17 pm

Transfer of 2 hatching blasts. Pregnant with one. 36 yrs old. Good Luck Clover

Baby Boy 01 + Baby Boy 04 + Baby Bear Girl due Oct 2012 = Hearts
Page: of 2