Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Ugh. My dream last night.

Joined 8-Dec-11

1-Apr-12 2:05 pm
I am 17+ weeks and have had zero dreams about the sex. Last night, I had a dream I had another boy. When I peeled back his diaper and saw a penis, I was devastated. I tried to convince the hospital staff that it wasn't my baby because it looked nothing like my other son or my husband and I. I felt terrible in the morning :(

Joined 21-Jun-11

Top Poster
1-Apr-12 2:55 pm
well if it helps you I had only vivid dreams about the gender of this baby.. never with my 2 DS did I ever have a gender dream. When I was about 12 weeks pregnant I had the most vivid dream of labor and delivery of this baby.. and saw "her" clear as day.. her face, eyes, hair, and that she was a girl. Flash forward to our 16 week ultrasound and they told us that we are having DS3.. this was after several more dreams that I had with a baby girl in it.. and I even had a few after that scan. So, maybe the OWT is true that you dream the opposite of the gender you are really having. Hope that is the case for you! GL!!

Time to move on from my D

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
1-Apr-12 3:00 pm

I have had one dream so far. I had a dream that I was at the ultrasound and they showed me it was another BOY!!  I was crying so hard in my dream that I was actually crying when I woke up [:'(]  I mean I was BAWLING!!  I felt so gutted and empty. I then felt bad for feeling like that. This is my absolute LAST chance.. I thought we were done, but life had other plans for us!  

I have read so many times though, that when you dream of the sex of the baby - it's the opposite. I am hoping that's the case for us!!  

Pray we both get our girls!   FX Pray

DH Baby Boy 40  

ME Baby Girl 33,  married since 2002 Hearts

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

1-Apr-12 4:08 pm
i read somewhere you usually dream the oppisite of what you are having. it was always true for me. everytime i dreamed i had a boy got all girls. this time i knew i was having my 8th daughter. its a boy.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken

Time to move on from my D

Joined 11-May-11

Top Poster
1-Apr-12 5:22 pm

Also, it could be because of our fears of not getting a girl. The "finding out it's a boy and then being devastated" part.. It's our worst fear!  

But, I am hoping it's because we got our "opposites" in there!!  Pray

DH Baby Boy 40  

ME Baby Girl 33,  married since 2002 Hearts

ColeBaby Bear Boy 2004     CaidenBaby Bear Boy 2006       KodyBaby Bear Boy 2011    JaceBaby Bear Boy 2012  My UNplanned home birth baby...  

"Boys are meant for kisses and hugs, For watching rainbows and catching bugs, For sharing all of your favorite things, For books to read and songs to sing.  Blue jeans and trucks, scrapes on his knees, Running in the Dirt, and being a tease. Making a face, and build and destroy. There's nothing like just being a BOY!" ????

Joined 3-Apr-11

Top Poster
1-Apr-12 5:23 pm
With this pregnancy I had several very vivid dreams about having a boy and it's a girl!! I had dreams about 2 of my friends having boys and one had a girl and the other is having a girl soon.... and another friend I dreamt boy/girl twins and that what she's having but that ones right either way. Good luck!

Baby Boy (Ayden) May 22, 2010 Baby Girl (Ayvah) June 4, 2012 Thank you God for answering my prayers :) and a big thank you to everyone on IG for your advice and support throughout my ttc girl journey, best wishes to you all!

Joined 8-Dec-11

1-Apr-12 6:44 pm
It's funny hearing these stories from others as well!! I hated the feeling of the intense disappointment I felt. My ultrasound is the 16th. Obviously, the scan is to check for normal anatomy....we haven't decided whether to find out or not....still going back and forth about the pros and cons.

Joined 26-Jun-11

Top Poster
1-Apr-12 6:52 pm
nursembm:
I am 17+ weeks and have had zero dreams about the sex. Last night, I had a dream I had another boy. When I peeled back his diaper and saw a penis, I was devastated. I tried to convince the hospital staff that it wasn't my baby because it looked nothing like my other son or my husband and I. I felt terrible in the morning :(
Ugh! Tell me, are boys really that bad? If so I don't want any!!!

Baby Bear Girl4/2011

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

1-Apr-12 6:59 pm
i don't think its bad, personally i like penis's. but i guess if i have to look at them all day i might want to see something different. like it might really suck if your husband was an ob/gyn. he might be so sick of lady parts he wouldn't want to have anything to do with mine.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken

Joined 9-Jul-08

Top Poster
1-Apr-12 7:58 pm

Azuremyst"][quote user="nursembm:
I am 17+ weeks and have had zero dreams about the sex. Last night, I had a dream I had another boy. When I peeled back his diaper and saw a penis, I was devastated. I tried to convince the hospital staff that it wasn't my baby because it looked nothing like my other son or my husband and I. I felt terrible in the morning :([/quote] Ugh! Tell me, are boys really that bad? If so I don't want any!!!

LOL!! Are you asking if little boy "parts" are "that bad? The answer is... no. :) I live in a house of little boys and their parts are small and look nothing like adult male "parts" if you kwim! ;) Also there aren't a lot of "folds" like with girls and easier to clean (or so I've heard from my friends who have both genders).

Baby Bear Boy '06 Baby Bear Boy '09 Baby Bear Boy '11

I'm in no way "disappointed" that I have sons, I just want the chance to raise a daughter as well. Happy Wink

Want to try for a Baby Bear Girl early next year! Pray

formerly Saggyrl11

~*Lucky Mom*~

Joined 20-Feb-10

Top Poster
1-Apr-12 8:34 pm

I have both and boys are WAY easier to clean. You have to worry about bladder infections and other things with girls! I find changing a boy diaper is a lot easier than a girl (and only got peed on twice by him, he's pretty good about that). 

Back to the original poster--I had vivid dreams of having a boy and we had a lovely girl. When I was PG with our second, I had dreams he was a girl and we have a lovely boy. I never knew it was an OWT that you dream about one gender and yours is the opposite, but it certainly was true for me!

Baby GirlBaby Boy

Joined 23-Nov-10

2-Apr-12 11:10 am
I dreamt that DS1 and DS2 were both boys. With DS3 I had a very vivid dream about having a baby girl where I could see her face, I heard her name (although it was not a name I have ever thought about using), and I even knew her birth weight...but he is definitely all boy! With this pregnancy I had a dream about having twins and one was a girl, but I am not having twins. I won't find out what I have having until April 24th, so we'll see if it's a girl or not. I wouldn't worry too much about the dream though. Good Luck! I hope you get your baby girl this time! :-)

Baby Bear Boy2002   Baby Bear Boy2005   Heartbroken2008   Baby Bear Boy2010 Baby Bear Boy2012 I love my boys so much, but I just don't know how to ever feel complete without a daughterBaby Bear Girl, too! :-(

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Apr-12 11:12 am

when I was pregnnat with my boys- I always dreamt about having a girl -Now Pregnant with a girl - I dreamt it was a boy - of course before finding out gender.. 

I dream opposite.  My BF says she always dreamt about the gender she was having.  so I guess it would depend on what is true for you 

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 24-May-10

Top Poster
2-Apr-12 12:35 pm
I have so far had 1 vivid dream that this pregnancy is a girl, I felt gutted really, because I usually dream opposite. I have also recently dreamt that my best friend had a boy, she is due this week, and I'm convinced she's having a girl.... We shall see!!

Joined 26-Jun-11

Top Poster
29-May-12 7:16 pm
Havebluwantp1nktoo:
LOL!! Are you asking if little boy "parts" are "that bad? The answer is... no. :) I live in a house of little boys and their parts are small and look nothing like adult male "parts" if you kwim! ;) Also there aren't a lot of "folds" like with girls and easier to clean (or so I've heard from my friends who have both genders).
I hear that, my daughter has waaay too many cracks LOL

Baby Bear Girl4/2011

Page: of 2