Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

girl diet ideas

Joined 30-Jun-11

30-Mar-12 12:00 pm
Hi everyone! I've read the faqs and cookbook to get some good ideas, but I feel like there isn't enough or I'm not creative enough. What meals and snacks did you eat while on the girl diet? I'm not a fan of yogurt at all :-(

Proud Mommy to a my sweet little ones Heart

Joined 30-Jun-11

1-Apr-12 9:20 am
Bump.. anyone?! I know there are lots of Mamas on the girl diet here :-)

Joined 14-Aug-11

1-Apr-12 10:20 am

Hi, when I started the diet, I tried to be creative, bought all kids of different fish, and made most of dishes on the Tamara's cook book but it has been a half year I am pretty much eating the same thing everyday. I eat fortified calcium pasta with leek and green beans cream pasta for lunch. This has a tons of calcium. And raspberry Greek yogurt with a bit of milk and sugar or Equal (stopped using Equal this cycle though) for snack. For dinner, I eat chicken breast twice a week and other nights I eat fish. Sides are white rice and either cucumber or green beans. I use no salt but use leeks and black pepper to season. What are you eating? Hope this helps your diet plan! GL 

Joined 30-Jun-11

1-Apr-12 10:37 am
Thank you! I'm not swaying for several months, but want to be prepared. The problem is, I am SUCH a picky eater. I hate most veggies and fruit, and dislike fish. Ha, so it will be interesting. The pasta dish you said sounds good though, and some of the cookbook meals look like I could handle! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Brandi

Joined 28-Sep-11

Top Poster
2-Apr-12 3:09 pm

I am cycle 2 ttc and have been doing rice, chicken, fish (occasionally), cucumbers, green beans, yogurt, kefir, strawberries. I have been pretty much keeping my foods whole and unseasoned if cooked. I drink less milk than I should but lots of crystal light.

Baby Bear Boy 2007 Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Boy 2010 and due September 2014

Joined 20-Mar-12

2-Apr-12 9:05 pm

I am a few weeks into the diet and thankfully, I do like most of the things on the girl diet...but it can still be tricky (especially with others to cook for! :)  I make my own bread in a bread machine and make a couple versions from the breads in the cookbook... I love to have a piece of toast with unsalted butter or some strawberry or raspberry jam :)  I do also have almond butter on toast sometimes... not technically on the diet...but I think it is high in magnesium maybe...

I love to get more ideas from all of you too! :)

Leah, Wife and Mom to 5 precious boys!

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Apr-12 10:22 pm
Honestly lucky for us we got pg on the second month as the diet for girls was a killer. We mainly ate rice, chicken with no flavor, fish, milk and pasta with parmassin cheese. I ate dairy and leeks. I had the fruit they recommend but found the no veggies and fruit the hardest. I ate the peaches, raspberries and strawberries as much as I could. I couldn't get used to the no salt but I did it. I hate pepper. I did the recei0pes and really that is what we ate. Our other kids loved the kefir and yogurt so we ate that. I hated mrs dash yuck! We did the crystal light and the cranberry and that was what I drank. Good luck - the diet is hard. We never ate patatoes. We very rarely ate out as nothing is on the menu. But I have to say I'm expecting a girl .. After three boys

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Apr-12 10:24 pm
Oh and we ate buck wheat bread and pancakes and breaded meats :( and I did pine nuts and splenda

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 5-Jun-11

Top Poster
3-Apr-12 7:38 am

I did the diet for 12 weeks and pretty much ate the same foods everyday. food was like medicine - no enjoyment. BUT, it worked!

Skipped brekky every day

11am. Cranberry juice and low sodium crackers with thin spread of nutellla

1pm - quinoa and low fat greek yoghurt and sprinkle of cranberries, glass of low fat milk

or a low sodium wrap with spinach and rocket leaves, pine nuts, cucumber ( about 3 times a week)

3pm - can of diet lemonade

6:00pm - 130g of chicken, teaspoon of sesame seeds, leeks, green beans, pasta or brown rice. cranberry juice

8pm - diet custard or yoghurt or rice pudding. glass of milk

i did have a few extra meals up my sleeve but nothing too interesting and just variations of the above (like adding cream and cheese to dinner meal and making it into a bake.

Baby Bear Girl2008,   Baby Bear Boy 2010 , Baby Bear Girl 2012 - Swayed with Girl Diet

My beautiful family is complete! Hearts

Joined 20-Mar-12

3-Apr-12 9:50 pm

Cilantro2011....would you mind sharing your cream sauce recipe that you mentioned you ate with chicken/etc.?  I am needing a good sauce to put with pastas and manicotti/etc..

Also, where did you ladies find your low-sodium tortillas?  All the ones I see are loaded with sodium :(

Leah, Wife and Mom to 5 precious boys!

Joined 26-Feb-12

Top Poster
3-Apr-12 10:31 pm
Thanks for the ideas, I'm slowly getting on the diet but I need all the ideas I can get.  Is anyone tracking their food online?  I tried the fitday.com like the FAQ suggests but I didn't think the food options were specific enough.  So then I tried livestrong.com and they have tons of options, including brands and different flavors or varieties for every food.  My problem is that it only seems to give you sodium and doesn't show calcium, magnesium or potassium for each day.  I was thinking that cutting down on sodium is the hardest thing to do so maybe if I just print a high potassium food list and avoid those it would work.  I was wondering if there is another online food tracker that other are using that gives you all the mineral contents for each day?

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbroken+    PrayBaby Bear Girl

Brandi

Joined 28-Sep-11

Top Poster
4-Apr-12 11:29 am

I did the fit day, but it is soo hard finding the foods you eat when it's not salted or you can't find an exact match. I am not tracking right now, I just read the labels a lot.

Baby Bear Boy 2007 Baby Bear Boy 2008 Baby Bear Boy 2010 and due September 2014

Joined 14-Aug-11

4-Apr-12 10:35 pm

Hi Booey13, I make my cream sauce with 1 tbs of unsalted butter, 2 tbs of all purpose flour, 1 cup of milk and some pepper. Make sure you add milk a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. You can add some parmesan cheese if you can't take the unsalted sauce.

As for tracking, I use Excel sheet. I created a reference sheet for the items I eat often then link or create formulas in the weekly sheet. The reference sheet has all the minerals I have to track (Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium), calories, fat and carb. I could get most of information from Fit day. When I couldn't, I googled different websites. It was a pain in the beginning but once you build the reference sheet, you just need to do some calculations. I wish I could track everything using one online site but like MountainViews says most of sites don't have magnesium and potassium listed. 

Joined 26-Feb-12

Top Poster
4-Apr-12 11:16 pm
Hi Cilantro, thanks for the cream sauce recipe and for the idea of making a spreadsheet to track minerals.  I love math and spreadsheets so that sounds like a fun project for me.  I have been tracking using livestrong.com and I have found that I eat way too much sodium.  I have some work to do to get on the girl diet.  I need to track the other things and see what I need to change in my diet.  Probably everythingSad

Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyBaby Bear BoyHeartbroken+    PrayBaby Bear Girl

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
6-Apr-12 1:12 am
The girl diet is really tough, and I generally ate the same things everyday as well. In the morning I would have a peppermint tea with equal in it, then I wouldn't eat until about 12 -1pm. I,would then have either a big glass of milk,or a no sugar berry yoghurt. For lunch I would usually have a toasted cheese sandwich. I found organic spelt flour bread that was like eating gyprock, but was low in salt. I would put some low salt cheese in it and have this toasted everyday. I would also drink heaps of sprite zero. If I got hungry I would have some milk, often warmed up with equal in it. I also drank some diet cranberry juice with sprite zero,in,it to make it taste a bit better (yuck!) For tea I had chicken most nights. When I started the diet I would mostly eat boiled fish, but I quickly got sick of this. So I started having chicken instead. I made sure I bought organic free range chicken that had no added hormones, and wasn't plumped with any sort of brine. Most nights I would pan fry some chicken and have it on a light low salt wheat wrap. With cucumber, blanched green beans, a little fresh Parmesan, some low salt cheese and a squirt of low salt mayo. I would then toast this...sometimes I would also add some sautéed leeks. This was quite nice. I also had crumbed chicken a lot. I would flatten a chicken breast and make some bread crumbs out if my bread. I sometimes would add some grated Parmesan to the crumbs as well. I would coat the chicken and pan fry in a bit of canola oil. I would serve this on some cucumber, and green beans, with some mayo on the side. I loved this. Once or twice a week I would also do this with some lamb cutlets, and have a couple of them for tea with cucumber. Towards the end of the diet, I also started eating some baby spinach. I craved something with nutrients in it as I kept getting so sick..so I would have cucumber and baby spinach with my schnitzel and I loved this. In the 2ww, I also,added 1/2a teaspoon of milo to my hot milk as this is really high in calcium and magnesium, and needed something that was a bit sweet. I would also have some no sugar ice cream occasionally , usually only in the 2ww. Hope this helps, sorry it such a long post !!

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Four times lucky and we are (probably Confused Huh?) done !

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Link to my sway : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/236361.aspx
Page: of 2