Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

What's the affect of being on holiday when ttc a boy using moon signs?

Joined 11-Jul-10

23-Mar-12 7:04 am
Hi ladies, I've been looking at the moon sign stuff, and have found it fascinating that it seems to have such a strong influence over whether you conceive a boy or girl. We would like to try for a boy in the summer, and looking at the moon signs and charts etc it looks like July would be the best time for us to try, however, my problem is that we will be on holiday in Bali in Indonesia then, so will that have any effect on when we should try??? Any advice or comments would be very gratefully received :-) much love and best baby wishes to you all.
Baby Girl 2010

Joined 28-Oct-11

1-Apr-12 5:16 am
Hi Mallety, being in a different country and time zone does have an effect on the gender you conceive, as the timing is different. I know if you pay to get your chart done by Odan, they offer to calculate holiday dates for you for free if you will be away when wanting to conceive. Or if you work out how to calculate your dates yourself you should be able to figure out the different timing for the different time zones (it was all too confusing and time consuming for me so easier to pay someone to do it). Anyway, hope that makes sense, let me know if it doesn't! x

Baby Bear Boy 2009 + Baby Bear Boy 2010 + ttc a Baby Bear Girl in 2012

Joined 11-Jul-10

2-Apr-12 2:38 pm
Hi skyla, thanks so much for your help, does the Odan chart tell you more specific timings rather than just the day? I have worked out the best day to try using a free chart on astro.com, but that's as detailed as it gets (obviously cos it's free!!Haha). If the Odan chart gives me a more exact time in the day then would it be as simple as then working out what time that would be in the respective country we were holidaying in? thanks again for replying :-) xx
Baby Girl 2010

Joined 28-Oct-11

4-Apr-12 7:58 am
Hey Mallety, Yes, the Odan chart tells you the exact time your lunar ovulation will occur, and tells you the three days that month you are most likely to conceive. So, for eg, they will say you should start trying at 1.55pm on the 24th March, and continue trying until 1.55pm on 26th March. Yes, if you got the Odan chart then went on holiday, you could work out the time difference, although I'm not sure if being in a different country changes something else in the calculation too, so might be better to get them to do the holiday calculations as they're free anyway if you buy a chart off them! Anyway, check out the Odan website as they have examples on there of the info they will give you if you buy one. Hope that helps! xx

Joined 11-Jul-10

4-Apr-12 2:00 pm
That's fantastic, thanks for the info Skyla, very much appreciated :-) I'm sending you all my pink dust xx
Baby Girl 2010

Joined 11-Jul-10

4-Apr-12 2:52 pm
Hey, me again... I've just been checking out the Odan website in more detail, does anyone know of anyone on in gender that has used just the Odan calendar and had it work? I'm a believer, but it just seems a little too good to be true.... I really can't afford the 71 euro calendar, so i'm also worried the cheaper option might not be accurate enough... Xx
Baby Girl 2010

Joined 28-Oct-11

10-Apr-12 4:25 am

Hey, I bought the 71 euro one... I think the reason it seems too good to be true, is that it is very rare for your menstrual ov to match up with your lunar ov, and I have tried a couple of times to get preg during my lunar ov, but I don't think I have been releasing an egg during this time, so it hasn't worked for me.  If you get the calendar and your lunar and menstrual ovs match up, then you're really lucky and magic will happen, but you can get the dates of your lunar ov elsewhere for free, so it is only worth paying for an Odan one if you want the extra detailed info.

Hope that helps! xx

Joined 11-Jul-10

11-Apr-12 8:36 am
Hi skyla, ur the best, thanks for explaining. I've only just started looking into it all, so it's difficult to process so much info at once!!! I've only recently come off the pill, so it will be interesting to see when I do start ovulating again whether it falls anywhere near my lunar ovulation... Thanks again for taking the time to reply :-) xx
Baby Girl 2010

Joined 28-Oct-11

12-Apr-12 1:30 am

My pleasure Mallety.  I know exactly what you mean, I started looking into all this in September, and I am at the point now, where it's like the more I know the more confused I get!  There is just so much info out there, and so many different ways to sway.  I really like the moon stuff as I am trying to sway pink, and the girl diet is just so disgusting (heaps of dairy and aspartame filled diet drinks etc), I know I would get sick doing it for weeks and weeks.  But the moon stuff is sooooo interesting and really makes sense to me.  I don't think the lunar ov thing is going to work for me, so I am now focusing on the general lunar calendar and hoping I ovulate when the moon is in a female sign (although of course I only tend to ovulate when the moon is in a male sign! But I am trying to change this with Vitex).  If you look back at past posts, some of the ladies on here compiled a list of in-gender woman who had conceived, what sign the moon was in when they conceived, and the sex of the baby that resulted.  It really was interesting to see how accurate it is! 

It might take quite awhile for your menstrual cycle to sync up with your lunar cycle if you've been on the pill for awhile.  Who knows though, you might get lucky!  Wouldn't that be nice?

Good luck with it all.  I have heaps of blue dust so I will send some your way...! xx

Joined 11-Jul-10

13-Apr-12 5:40 am
Hi skyla :-) I've only just started looking at all this kind of stuff cos DH and I want to start trying for our second soon, and like you say there is soooooooo much info to sift through to help decide what actually might work for you, it is quite daunting. We didn't sway with our DD because we just wanted a baby!! But we only want 2 and I really really want a little boy, so thought it was worth a shot at swaying this time round. The moon stuff really makes sense and explains why some people can have 10 babies and they all be the same gender. I think the diet does have an affect, but I don't think it is be all and end all, and like you I don't think it is the healthiest way to go. I am planning on doing a little bit of everything, i've (mostly) cut out dairy, and eat bananas tomatoes and potatoes every day, but other than that I am gonna eat my usual diet and make sure I eat plenty of veg etc. The most important factor for me is gonna be the moon sign at the time of ovulation, and just hope conception happens under a male sign... I have been tracking my temp since coming off the pill, but I can't do it that well cos my 17 month old DD is STILL not sleeping through the night, so often I have not had 3 hours unbroken sleep before taking my temp, it shot up today, but I couldn't take it the past 2 days, so now I'm gutted cos I can't tell what day I ovulated to see what moon it would have been under :-( When are you planning on TTC or is it just a case of as soon as you can ovulate under a female moon sign? Also, have you looked into bio-rhythms at all? Do you think they carry any weight? When we conceived our DD my bio-rhythm said girl, but if you look at the day the astro chart said is the strongest to try for a boy this July it totally clashes with my biorhythm chart which says strong girl! It's so difficult to try and get things matching up. I feel quite excited about trying for our boy, but I think I am also gonna get quite stressed about it cos there is so much to consider and so much you can't control.... Thanks again for taking the time to help me sort things out in my mind, it has really really helped me. And thanks for your blue dust, you can have all of my pink dust... Hehe xx
Baby Girl 2010

Joined 28-Oct-11

13-Apr-12 7:58 am

Yeah, we didn't sway at all with our first- I went off the pill the day before our wedding and I conceived DS1 on our honeymoon.  Then with our second, I looked a little into gender swaying and took a few cranberry tablets but wasn't that worried about it all as we were always going to have three kids.  But, after 2 boys, and this being our last baby, I am putting my all into trying for a girl.

Yes I'm sure the diet does have an affect.  I don't eat dairy, but I used to eat a banana every day for breakfast for years (nothing at all to do with swaying- I had no idea about that- that was all I could stomach in the morning!), and I did eat a lot of potato and tomato too, and I guess the fact I have 2 boys could be more than a little bit of a coincidence...! 

But yes, I do think the moon sign has the strongest influence.  I mean, all these diets and supplements are largely meant to change our ph and ionisation in order to affect the polarity of our egg, but if the moon has the largest affect on the egg polarity, then really diet and supplements could only help with gender if you conceived when the moon was on the cusp of male/female and it could go either way.  Otherwise, if you conceive when the moon is male, then your egg will only attract boy sperm, and vice versa.  That's what I believe anyway.

I totally know what you mean about temping.  My DS2 still wakes at 5am for a bottle, and then wakes me to get up for the day at 7:30am, so I don't get the block of sleep needed for an accurate basal reading either.  Just quietly, I gave up on temping and just bought a whole lot of OPK tests, and when my mucous starts to turn watery to egg white, I start testing for ov.  I have figured my cycle out pretty well from that as as soon as the luteal surge stops being detected, I know I am ovulating (and you can buy pretty cheap OPKs online).

I guess we have kind of started TTC. I mean, I gave the lunar ov thing a try, but it occured during my last period so I guess we tried it just becaue we had to give it a go. I didn't really see how I could get pregnant during my period (but deep down wanted it to work as it was 99% guarantee of girl), but sure enough I didn't.  So yes, just waiting to see when I will next ov under a girl moon... if ever.  I am hoping it might happen in May, which is why I have gone on the Vitex, and even bought some Saw Palmetto today which is meant to increase your progesterone (I haven't meantioned that I am very high in estrogen which sways boy).  Anyway, I am hoping that having a bit of a fiddle with my hormones might change the timing of my ov so it happens in a girl moon... But there is a part of me that is scared that if I fiddle around too much I might screw things up and not be able to get pregnant (as I have always been VERY fertile- both my boys were conceived first go).

I did have a little look at biorythms, but I just felt like I had to draw the line somewhere and that adding yet another factor into the mix was going to get too confusing and make me all too obsessive (plus I found the charts very hard to read...!). I just felt like I had to choose a theory and stick to it, and the lunar gender thing just feels right to me.

You are right, there is so much to consider, and I really want to avoid stress as I know this affects fertility, and that you have a higher change of conceiving if you just relax. I even went through a point the other day where I almost threw in the towel with all this swaying stuff and said 'whatever's meant to be will be'...! As you said, there is so much you can't control, so i thought why bother at all? Some women on this forum do the diet so strictly, take all their supplements, make their husband change his underwear, and follow the lunar signs, and they still conceive the opposite gender to what they wanted.

Anyway, better to try and fail than not to try at all.  And I just think that if I try all this and we still conceive another boy, then we were really meant to have that little boy!

Thanks for the pink dust- wouldn't it be lovely if you could bottle it??  xx

Joined 11-Jul-10

19-Apr-12 5:16 am
Hi skyla, sorry it's taken me a while to reply, we've been having a few Internet issues!!! Anyway, I totally agree with everything you've said. I've only just started the whole sway thing and already I have considered jacking it all in and just letting nature decide!! It can get a little obsessive can't it??!? But I've also reached the same conclusion as you, that it is worth a try and if at the end of it we have another little girl then I will be happy that we tried and that we are obviously meant to have 2 girls (or possibly 3 boys in your case!). It's funny isn't it, 3 boys would have been my dream family, and here you are desperate for a little girl, and me desperate for a little boy. If only we could just swap our pink and blue dust, hehe. I'm quite pleased cos my AF showed up yesterday, so now I'm hoping my cycles will start to settle back down after being on the pill for so long, and I can use May to see what moon I will ovulate under and then poss start trying in June / July moon sign allowing, haha. How is your cycle at the moment, does the vitex or saw palmetto seem to be taking affect? I really have got my fingers crossed for you :-) Xx
Baby Girl 2010

Joined 28-Oct-11

23-Apr-12 8:02 am
Don't you just hate that? I know I suddenly feel so isolated when my Internet is playing up...! Don't get me wrong, I do think there is something very cool about having 3 boys, so I totally hear where you're coming from there, but there is just a huge part of me that really wants a daughter. I am so incredibly close to my mum, and I guess I want that relationship with a daughter too (amongst other things). As you said, if only we could swap our dust! Glad to hear your body is starting to get back into a regular cycle, that's great news! I haven't taken the Saw Palmetto yet, I am a little scared of it as it iis a pretty full on supplement and can do some crazy stuff. I haven't noticed anything with the Vitex yet, but I am due for my AF this week, so I am hoping that I will ovulate a little earlier in May, as I currently O on about day 17. Thanks honey, I have mine crossed for you too! xx

Joined 13-Aug-11

Top Poster
26-Apr-12 1:29 am

Hey Skyla!! Just wanted to say hello. I gave up getting on this site after I couldn't for so long. But then wanted to check in and update.

How are you going? I am pg. My temps showed I O in a boy moon and my u/s dating shows I O in a girl moon...so after everything I am none the wiser!

But very happy to be pg and have most of the m/s behind me. I haven't told the boys yet...DS2 is baby obsessed so I am holding off as he will keep asking me when it is going to come out! I will let you know what happens anyway. Take care. BTW, I took vitex and although it made my cycles less regular, it didn't give me any bad side effects.

Joined 28-Oct-11

26-Apr-12 11:52 pm

Peony!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is SO great to hear from you!  I do think of you often and have been wondering if your big January attempt worked- you kinda disappeared and I hoped all was ok (I almost emailed you but thought that might be overstepping some kind of boundary...).  I couldn't get onto the site for months either and actually thought the forums had been shut down or something.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BFP!!!!!!!!!!!  I am over the moon for you! I am assuming since you're due in November that you didn't get preg in January...  Are you going to find out the gender at your 20 wk scan?  Please do keep me posted, I will be dying to hear.

If you're willing to share the details of what you did to sway, I'd love to hear all about it.  We are going to ttc the minute I actually O under a girl moon... which may be never, hence the Vitex...!  We're not doing diet, but doing supplements and will do some Aci-gel, but mainly trying to get the moon thing right (which is very hard as I think your example shows)... I will cross my fingers that the u/s dating is the right one!

xx

Page: of 4