Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

20 week scan tomorrow, techs last input? Although I think we all know boy lol

Joined 19-Mar-10

22-Mar-12 8:39 am

Hiya, so I had a gender scan with a lady who I dont think is medically trained, does 3D scanning, at about 15+4. At my 13 week scan she presumed I was there for gender and kept looking between the legs and said cord was in the way, I said Iwas 13 weeks and to do a nub shot and she said she had a trained friend predict like this and was wrong and couldnt get a side shot as baby was facing at the wrong angle. She said this exact thing at 13 weeks and 15+4. At 15+4 she said the potty shot would say girl as she couldnt see anything but kept getting glimpses, but what she saw she said was far too big for a penis. So must be cord, but she would bet her life on boy if she had too.

So she said I could go back another time,I said Id go for a walk and go back in an hour. So I did and what do you know, within 1 minute she said 'theres your boy' and I just saw 2 legs with this rather big thing in the middle,didnt look like my other boys shots, couldnt see any scrotal sack just a big thing which seemed too big so I said is it cord and she said no, look the cord goes up here. At the end of the scan she said maybe that big thing was the penis as it looks like you may have a chipendale as what she pointed out as the penis was big. Anyway, she origionally gave me a potty shot because I asked and you can only see a bright line pointing to the left but could this be the cord and is it covering the penis? Or does she not really know much at all and just wanted rid so showed me potentially the cord and said boy lol. I have a 3d pic from this point of the scan where she said hands and cord were between the legs but my 3d pic shows the cord going up and over the arm and not down doesnt it?

Just have this feeling about her, seemed really rushed, in experienced and then suddenly found it straight away when I went back but never gave me a pic of the final shot.

I was predicted boy by all of you for the nub shot, and Im certain this is a boy but just this whole 'nothing seen from potty shot' is casting a few doubts.Ill upload my potty shot one so you can see what I mean in a minute.

Full-size image

Joined 19-Mar-10

22-Mar-12 8:45 am

not sure the cord pic can be seen from link will try to do the potty now but here is a link to my photobucket album containing nubs but last ones are cord and potty shot

http://s531.photobucket.com/albums/dd360/vix84_2008/clothes/Baby%20Nub%20shot/

Full-size image

Joined 19-Mar-10

22-Mar-12 8:46 am

one last try to upload 3d cord one 

Full-size image

Joined 17-Jan-11

Top Poster
22-Mar-12 8:50 am
sorry to say this but here we seem to go again *sigh* you don't get to hear your desired gender and all the sudden the tech is unexperienced???
Proud mommy of 2 wonderful little boys! would love to add a girl to our family in the future. probably with girl-diet.

Joined 19-Mar-10

22-Mar-12 8:55 am

not at all, she said she is not medically trained, cant date, can only showpics and heartbeat. Another person I know went to the same cheap 3d place and had the same thoughts/feelings. I still think boy, but will go elsewhere in the future but wanted to hear responses to 'will you always see a penis from a potty shot' as we didnt until the very end when I went back/ the whole thing was just odd

Joined 19-Mar-10

22-Mar-12 8:56 am

I also now know anyone can open a 3d scanning place without being qualified

Joined 20-Jan-12

22-Mar-12 8:59 am
Tammie78:
sorry to say this but here we seem to go again *sigh* you don't get to hear your desired gender and all the sudden the tech is unexperienced???
That seems a bit rude to her emotions dont you think!!!!!!!!!

Baby Bear Boy 10/21/2005 Baby Bear Boy 11/24/2009 DC due 08/02/2012

Joined 17-Jan-11

Top Poster
22-Mar-12 9:02 am
ok then I apologize to chocolate. Then don't take it personal, it's just that quite often it seems that when women don't here what they want to hear all the sudden the tech isn't good or so. but in your case she really was untrained.
Proud mommy of 2 wonderful little boys! would love to add a girl to our family in the future. probably with girl-diet.

Joined 19-Mar-10

22-Mar-12 9:06 am

no its ok, I know what you mean, I have been trying not to think about the scan etc. as in my head and heart it is a boy and Ive dealt with that feeling of not having a daughter. Just feel a bit cross now that maybe I should have spent extra to not have this slight niggle.

Just things didnt add up like she wasnt keen on giving me 2d pics for a nub shot - maybe then I wouldnt go back for a gender scan? And funny how all of a sudden the hand and cord moved to see boy - end of the day,maybe she wanted to go home.

Not so much about being un-trained, maybe that Ive kinda been conned a little, not sure. Proper hospital scan in 3 weeks anyone so will be confident of boy then

Hayley

Joined 3-Feb-11

Top Poster
22-Mar-12 9:07 am

Sorry hun i cant make any any clues in your pics. Hope someone can help. Some potty shots dont reveal the gender as they are just not captured in the picture.Hopefully someone with more experince can give you a clue if there is any Xx

Baby Bear Girl  20/11/09 Lilah Nicole  Baby Bear Boy  10/08/11 Joel Thomas

Baby GirlBaby BoyVery proud Mummy and Daddy

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Joined 19-Mar-10

22-Mar-12 9:12 am

Thanks blondehayley, Im sure its boy but just wasnt sure why the potty wasnt showing a clear boy if it was going to be a chipendale lol.

Maybe that bright white line is cord? And covering the scrotal bump and penis?

Hayley

Joined 3-Feb-11

Top Poster
22-Mar-12 9:15 am

Im sure someone on here can help explain. Sounds like your scan was a right nightmare when really it should have been an enjoyable time. 

Bumping for someone to help you. Xx

Joined 19-Mar-10

22-Mar-12 9:21 am

I went in with 3 boys in tow so do wonder if she thought she really must not give me any hope of a girl incase she is wrong lol. She said she cant give me a side 2d shot because the babies head was on the outer side and facing into me, I just presumed they could always get some sort of side shot, was just an odd experience, felt like I knew more than she did. I was 12+4 when she presumed 16 weeks, surely she should have at least seen I def. wasnt 16 weeks.

Anyway, should stop thinking about it lol

Joined 20-Jan-12

22-Mar-12 9:42 am
well according to your nub shot i would say boy...but in the potty shot i see no penis OR any 3 lines...the lack of penis only does not indicate a girl..you must see the 3 lines to indicate girl...good luck hun i am going through something similar. she said "i think this is penis idk maybe cord" :o what?!? lol

Baby Bear Boy 10/21/2005 Baby Bear Boy 11/24/2009 DC due 08/02/2012

Hayley

Joined 3-Feb-11

Top Poster
22-Mar-12 9:43 am

Gosh what a nightmare, when do you get your 20 weeks scan? Hope you dont have to wait too long X

Page: of 3