Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Update!! Going for the 4-D ultrasound tomorrow.... Not what I thought...

Joined 3-Apr-11

Top Poster
16-Mar-12 3:24 pm
I'm 27 weeks now and have my 4-D ultrasound tomorrow... I haven't decided yet if I WANT to find out the gender of this baby. My heart tells me it's a boy even though I'm still hanging on to a 3% chance of hearing girl. I booked it for the 17th (saint patricks day) just hoping it might be lucky. I do still want to get the 3-D pics and that's the main reason I'm going. I know DH wants to find out but I am not eager to hear "it's a boy". Two girlfriends of mine are having girls and another is having boy/girl twins, I'm very happy for them but it's been hard. The only thing that is making this a bit easier is that I just found out my sister who is due 6 weeks after me is having a boy, I don't know how I would have handled hearing she would get a girl, and I hate that I felt that way, she deserves a girl just like everyone else, but it's her first so she's happy either way and she totally understands what I have been going through with swaying and GD. Anyways just thought I would update and I will let you all know if I decide to find out. FX over here, lol :)

Baby Boy (Ayden) May 22, 2010 Baby Girl (Ayvah) June 4, 2012 Thank you God for answering my prayers :) and a big thank you to everyone on IG for your advice and support throughout my ttc girl journey, best wishes to you all!

Blessed with 4 <3

Joined 21-Jan-10

Top Poster
16-Mar-12 4:24 pm
GL tomorrow :-) FX you hear GIRL tomorrow, if you decide to find out that is ;-).

Hearts 

Joined 17-Jan-11

Top Poster
16-Mar-12 4:24 pm
good luck tomorrow! sounds like my story! We also went for a 4D U/S but it was at 24 weeks. I actually really thought it was a girl, but also didn't know wether to find out or not. at the end of the u/s I decided to ask the tech. I was prepared hearing girl! well nope, boy! and here came GD again! UGH!
Proud mommy of 2 wonderful little boys! would love to add a girl to our family in the future. probably with girl-diet.

Joined 7-Apr-10

18-Mar-12 10:06 pm
did u find out?

Joined 3-Apr-11

Top Poster
18-Mar-12 11:26 pm
Well.... Went for the ultrasound... I was getting tearing eyed just thinking about finding out on the drive there. I told them we weren't sure if we wanted to find out and they could just type it on the ultrasound DVD without us looking so I could watch it at home, they said they would write it down and put it in an envelope. The ultrasound itself was good, got some great pictures, baby looks just like DS. Then at the end she said ok I'm going o look at the gender now and 5 seconds later she ok that was pretty obvious... In my headI'm thinking meaning a big penis floating around. Anyways... We got in the car and dh saI'm going to open the envelope and I said let's wait till we get home. I'm driving home and dh opens it and starts screaming "it's a girl!" over and over and I'm just saying to him " no it's not". Still shocked we get home and I have to watch the DVD to confirm and the gender part wasn't recorded, so I kept telling my husband maybe they made a mistake. I actually drove back to the ultrasound place to see if they'd let me see but they were closed.. Dh thinks I'm crazy for doing that, lol. Now I'm kicking myself for not seeing it with my own eyes because until I do I won't believe it. I feel so badly that this is a boy, so much of this pregnancy was exactly the same as DS.. Heartrate, cravings, belly shape and how Im carrying, iridology, psychics and literally everyone around me said I was goin to have a boy, people were betting money on it. So that's it... We read on a piece of paper that it's a girl but I just can't believe it yet and still in shock!

Baby Boy (Ayden) May 22, 2010 Baby Girl (Ayvah) June 4, 2012 Thank you God for answering my prayers :) and a big thank you to everyone on IG for your advice and support throughout my ttc girl journey, best wishes to you all!

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
18-Mar-12 11:38 pm
If the tech says its a girl then it is more than likely a girl! Believe it, you are having a daughter! Congrats!!

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Joined 3-Apr-11

Top Poster
19-Mar-12 4:10 pm
Lol, I know I'm crazy, not going to deny that! I'm going again this Saturday so I will update afterwards.

Yummy Mummy

Joined 3-Feb-12

19-Mar-12 4:25 pm

Jess wants a princess:
Well.... Went for the ultrasound... I was getting tearing eyed just thinking about finding out on the drive there. I told them we weren't sure if we wanted to find out and they could just type it on the ultrasound DVD without us looking so I could watch it at home, they said they would write it down and put it in an envelope. The ultrasound itself was good, got some great pictures, baby looks just like DS. Then at the end she said ok I'm going o look at the gender now and 5 seconds later she ok that was pretty obvious... In my headI'm thinking meaning a big penis floating around. Anyways... We got in the car and dh saI'm going to open the envelope and I said let's wait till we get home. I'm driving home and dh opens it and starts screaming "it's a girl!" over and over and I'm just saying to him " no it's not". Still shocked we get home and I have to watch the DVD to confirm and the gender part wasn't recorded, so I kept telling my husband maybe they made a mistake. I actually drove back to the ultrasound place to see if they'd let me see but they were closed.. Dh thinks I'm crazy for doing that, lol. Now I'm kicking myself for not seeing it with my own eyes because until I do I won't believe it. I feel so badly that this is a boy, so much of this pregnancy was exactly the same as DS.. Heartrate, cravings, belly shape and how Im carrying, iridology, psychics and literally everyone around me said I was goin to have a boy, people were betting money on it. So that's it... We read on a piece of paper that it's a girl but I just can't believe it yet and still in shock!

Wow! I hope this tech was right and you have your girl! I am hoping and praying for the same thing to happen to me although it is looking very unlikely as the tech seemed pretty sure at my 20 weeks ultrasound the other day :(  I was wondering, have you got the pics from all your ultrasounds that I can compare mine to? I am just wishful thinking that my tech got it wrong! Like you I already have a son and have only ever wanted two children but sooo want a girl! I really can't see myself having another boy and can't get my head around not ever having a daughter, and we definitely can't afford high tech :( x

Joined 3-Apr-11

Top Poster
19-Mar-12 4:54 pm
I don't have any gender shots.. Just a profile and body picture. I remember comparing the head shape to my sisters baby who's due six weeks after me and said whatever it is they are definately the same gender. Found out a week ago she's having a boy. Fx for you... I had a hard time thinking about the thought of two boys only because I wanted a girl, but when I really though about it I really wanted a boy too so my DS would have a buddy to play with

Joined 3-Apr-11

Top Poster
24-Mar-12 4:59 pm
Today I saw the three lines with my own eyes... We are in fact expecting a baby girl! I guess I'm still in shock or it hasn't sunk in yet... I went shopping with my sister today and she's expecting a boy and I was loving all the boy clothes but not crazy on the girl clothes however I did find a cute bathing suit :) I'm very happy and grateful to be blessed with a boy and now a girl. Best wishes to you all

Page: of 1