Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

i don't understand why techs take "potty shots" before 15 weeks

Joined 2-Jan-12

Top Poster
15-Mar-12 9:30 pm
I think the majority of the time they're deceiving and pointless... am i the only one who feels this way?
Baby Boy (8) Jayden Joseph 2004 & Baby Girl Willow Rose Catherine due Aug 29th 2012!!!!

Joined 31-Jul-08

15-Mar-12 10:23 pm

I completely agree! 

Baby Boy 2009 Baby Girl little sister due Aug '12

Joined 6-Dec-09

Top Poster
15-Mar-12 10:31 pm
Well I think like anything else it depends on a whole host of factors. With a really good tech, an excellent machine and multiple views down there a potty shot CAN be reliable at that stage. I have a textbook turtle shot of my son at 13w2d. The machine was clear and the perinatologist was able to be 100% certain of his sex because she looked at multiple angles. There was no way it was a swollen labia. Of course I have seen countless shots on here that are verrrrry ambiguous at that stage. I wouldn't trust a potty shot before 15.5 weeks unless there were multiple clear shots and a very expert tech.
My three kids Baby Boy Baby Boy Baby Girl !!!!

Joined 15-Mar-07

Top Poster
16-Mar-12 12:28 am
I had a gender scan at 14w5d and it was accurate. It was so obvious at this gestation what the sex was, and each ultrasound since has been the same. The lady I went to said potty shots at this gestation can be very accurate, you just need a good tech who knows what they are looking at/for, and a decent machine. The place I went to does gender from 14 weeks, and gives a 99% accuracy. I think a lot of the time, the patient is desperate to have a look and see if they can tell the gender. So the tech does so at the patients request. I know when i went for my nuchal, i asked her to have a peek between the legs, knowing full ll that at 12 w it was completely 50/50. But she did so anyway, becauseni had asked her to. As expected, her guess at this stage was wrong, but it was me who wanted to look, not her. Whether or not gender is determinable at this 14/15 weeks depends on a lot of different things...I guess if the patient wants the gender guess to be more accurate, they should wait until their 20'week scan, and not even worry about the gender before then..!

Baby Boy+Baby Boy 2003, Baby Boy 2008 and our first pinky ariived in June! Baby Girl Hearts

Four times lucky and we are (probably Confused Huh?) done !

Thanks to all the lovely IG ladies and leaders for your support and advice over the years! Happy Celebrate

Link to my sway : http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/236361.aspx

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
16-Mar-12 1:41 am
I was 14.3 weeks with my daughter and the tech was extremely experienced and his machine was good. He got very good potty shots and said he was positive I was having a little girl and he was right.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Phoenix

Joined 11-Feb-09

Top Poster
16-Mar-12 2:00 am
i found out i was having a boy at 14 weeks 5 days. clear pics too..it def depends on tech and machine.

TTC BOY#2

Baby Bear Girl , Baby Bear Girl , Baby Bear Girl and  Baby Bear Boy  - Thank you GOD and IG

My Sway with ds#1

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/160053.aspx

Joined 2-Jan-12

Top Poster
16-Mar-12 6:51 pm
14w3d - 14w5d is pretty much 15 weeks lol
Baby Boy (8) Jayden Joseph 2004 & Baby Girl Willow Rose Catherine due Aug 29th 2012!!!!

Joined 23-Feb-10

16-Mar-12 8:09 pm

I agree. I was 13 weeks when I just had my scan done. The baby was very cooperative so we were done with the techs measurements real early. I asked her if she could guess the sex. The LO had its legs crossed the majority of the time, so I was unable to get a clear nub shot. So she moved to the potty shot and said "She sees nothing." She said it twice actually. Then said, "Oh wait I think I see something, but it may be swollen girl parts or boy parts... so I can't make a guess" OK so why even bother lady?? lol

Joined 23-Feb-10

16-Mar-12 8:10 pm

BUT atleast she was nice enough not to give me false info!!!

Page: of 1