Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Today Im asking for your words of encouragment..UPDATE - what baby is

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 1:04 pm

I posted yesterday my U/s at 13 weeks and noticed someone wrote "looks nothing like her DD".  which seems fine.. but it just hit me- THIS baby could be a boy.  I know I will love him - I have 3 boys- but normally when I am pregnant I don't ever think my baby's are girls- just this one- I do.  I am prepared - or so I thought to hear BOY- But honestly I think its a girl.  My heart sank at the thought I was wrong.  

Im just asking for some words of encouragement- I always post them to you gals- so hope you can help me out.  I go next wednesday To schedule my A/s and of course will book then and we want to know. I don't want to wait until "the baby" come sout and have to deal with the disappointment if I have a boy.  I am confident I will be ok- just disappointed. I know I may be worrying for nothing- but still its a chance- and I feel all down now.  Please help.  TIA. 

P.s. my U/s had no nub clues so might as well not repost :(

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 25-Jan-10

2-Mar-12 1:16 pm

Most of the time I say 'what the mother really thinks, is true' (not what she wishes for)

I really hope you hear 'Its a girl' at your next appointment! 

I hope you don't feel down about your pregnancy now. Your baby is beautiful! And it will be no matter if its a he or a she. But I can really understand the stress. I hope they can book your scans soon! 

XX

Hugs Butterfly (2001), Baby Boy (2007), Baby Boy (2010)

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 1:18 pm

thanks that made me cry- very heart warming :D

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 21-Jun-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 1:27 pm
I do hope you hear girl at your next scan. But I know if you hear boy that you know it will be so great! I too had so many boy guess with a 11 week 5day nub.. and it just made my heart sink. I really believed I was carrying a girl, and with my other 2 I definitely didn't have that. I knew, just knew my first was a boy, and my second I knew it but didn't want to believe it.. you know? This is the only baby we found out before hand and he will be our third son. It's odd, maybe it really is that we wish for it so much it clouds the instinct feeling? But, I think until you get your a/s scan it is too soon to know for sure.. so you can feel confident that is definitely still a big maybe, and you just may have that dd of yours right now for sure. Thinking girl thoughts for you! GL at your scan!! But you know another boy will be soooo welcome, your boys will be ecstatic too for another brother :)

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 1:43 pm

I too Know Ill be okay- we tried for #4 - knowing we take the chance it can be a boy, and I love my sons.. I know that, that is NOt the question at all- I have a girl and a Boy name.. its all good.. Just maybe becaus eits my last.  I have to say before all this- i know the mother at least for me - Knows the gdner - just can be swayed with what she wants-- so this is hard for me.. is it what I am having or what I want? 

I have these little things in my head playing games.. its driving me nuts.  I woudl pay for a private scan- however they dont do the scans where I am (In canadas) until 20 weeks anyways - so I might as well wait - as I get one 18-20 weeks.. I hope my dr can schedule it asap. I just kep saying good things come to those who wait.. 

Gosh How do ppl wait until the baby is born (i say that but with my 1st I had no choice) lol 

Thanks for the encouraging words.. I feel like a crazy woman. 

Joined 14-Sep-07

2-Mar-12 1:52 pm

Baby is so little at 13 weeks! You still have a good chance to have a girl. I don't like that comment b/c comparing u/s photos isn't scientific at all. I have 3 girls and their u/s are all different. My DD2 had the cord between her legs and I thought I had ruined my "surprise" and  she was a boy. (we found at birth she was a she)

Good luck! Your intuition is most likely right!

Lisa

Joined 21-Jun-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 1:53 pm
I know.. we did that for #3.. and I really thought I was okay with either.. but it hit be like a ton of bricks when I heard boy. With swaying, owt, and just my instinct I was so shocked. I had dreams too.. all girl.. so vivid, never had that with the others. We waited with our first 2, and I felt okay about it, but I think because I knew we were shooting to have 3.. so with this last one, I just needed to know. And so glad I found out. I'm 28 weeks now and a world away from how I felt at 16 weeks and they said boy. I'm getting so excited to see all the boys together.. I mean I still very much would love a daughter.. but the feelings I had at first where I pressured my poor DH to agree to 4 if I still feel this way, they are definitely not as strong at all. I can almost see just sticking with our 3 boys and being okay.. and I only imagine once he's here, I will feel that more so. I mean we still may go for just one more.. but I know for sure, unless we did IVF which I don't see us doing, that it very well could be a boy.. but I felt such a pressure when I first found out that this baby is a boy too, that 12 weeks later, I don't feel that as strong. I feel more excitement to meet our baby then anything. So I'm glad I was able to get here and have the time to do so. I definitely had GD with DS 2 since I wanted to believe he was a girl.. so was sad to have him come in to the world that way :( I hope you get a definite answer.. it will help you for sure to prepare if it is another boy, and if it's a girl you can rest easy and be excited for your first DD. Well and of course if it's DS4 you can also get excited for him! Don't want it to seem like a boy would be any less.. I just know you are hoping to hear girl. The waiting period is the worst.. try and do some things for yourself and take it easy. Keep us posted!! GL!!!

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 2:03 pm

I just called the U/s place again- making sur ethey dont do the ultrasounds before 20 weeks.  lol.

This isn't my 2nd boy, or my 3rd boy this May be my # 4 boy- I do know boys.  I love my boys.  when we had our last one- i knew boy- but hoped girl - and when they said girl I was crished. and my dh was so good he said "were still having a baby"  by the afternoon I was fine.. that same day. 

I KNOW in my heart Illbe okay - but I also know this is it- 4 is my limit.  Both dh and I work full time.  I have to have a stopping point where  we don't just keep having kids "to have a girl".  This time -- I did things differently.  i prayedto God for not a Girl but for what God wanted me to have-so now I feel like what did God think I need? today has been so bad... I feel nuts.. God knows I want a girl.. but I also know God has the plans - not me.  My boys are so wonderful- I have to say - but I feel like life is on hold. .. waiting untilI know what this baby is..

Ill definately keep everyone posted... just feel like Im loosing my ind.. Im at work typing like a mad woman - as Im "scared it might be  abopy- the rational part of me is like wtf - get over it the real part of it - is holy shit. lol  Happy ROFL

I never have dreams its a girl.. when I had my boys it was always a girl - this one I have dreams its a boy... 

This pregnancy has been so different from my boys.. Im still sick at 17 + weeks. I am gaining weight differently.  feel differently.  look horrid- nothing liek when i had my three boys.  who knows.  

Joined 29-Nov-11

2-Mar-12 2:09 pm

I really really hope you hear girl too, it's such a mixed bag of emotions and hormones and yes...I remember thinking about it day and night!

My instinct was totally off for this pregnancy (35wks) i was convinced he was a girl, felt so rough all day long, before I ate, after I ate..just all day hangover feeling that I didn't have with my first two boys...It hit me like a heavyweight knock out punch when they said boy at 20 weeks..

I had already pictured myself sending out all the texts to friends saying it was a 'girl'..instead i walked home by myself with tears streaming down my face and then feeling so awful because this baby is my baby and he is meant to be with me.

So..I really hope you get to hear girl...but if you don't and it is baby boy #4 and you do feel completely sad..it will get easier and I feel so much better now at 35wks than i did at 20, this board is definitely where to come for support and know that we all understand!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and let us know when you find out!! x

Joined 8-Mar-09

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 2:16 pm

Aw, Canadian, I have followed your journey so far, its such a rollercoaster isnt it? We are all in it together which does make things a bit easier xx

I really dont believe in the skull theory, there is nothing to it when it comes to a fetus facial shape. But I know what you mean, someone said "maybe boy" on my 5 week scan pic which really didnt show anything, it still got me down.

Do you have more pics? I dont see any gender clues in yours xxx

Joined 12-Dec-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 2:38 pm
Oh honey you sound just as I did 10 weeks ago. God I felt like I was going insane... I couldn't think of anything else. When I found out boy, I was crushed but honestly, 3 weeks later though I feel a sadness that I will never raise a daughter I am absolutely fine. I'm way better than I was when I didn't know, which is strange because when I didn't knowthen there was a hope it was a girl but just that hope was too overwhelming. Have to say, I regret taking any notice of old wives tales, charts etc - literally every single one said GIRL, I thought they must be right... I was absolutely convinced this was a girl, when I planned for when "she" was here then it didn't see weird to say her or she, it felt so, so normal. I honestly, hand on heart believed I would have a girl. I thought if I was good enough, prayed hard enough, wanted it bad enough, thought positively enough then surely that would be it. But the cold hard facts are that, that means absolutely nothing! You just get what you get and that's it. It's not thanks to anything or anyone it's just luck. I really hope you get your daughter but please don't think you have done something wrong if you don't. You still have as much chance as everyone else to hear girl this time. Just try and concentrate on the fact this baby is what it is already and there's nothing that can change that, Crossing everything that it's a pink one in there and that you are able to relax a bit morex
Proud mummy of 2 wonderful boys and now a 3rd one one the way

Joined 17-Jan-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 2:38 pm
Yes agreed. hun I believe the skull theory is just crap! don't think anything of it. Not saying that your little one can't be a boy though. it can, but your scan really doesn't show anything. if the skull theory was accurate than my youngest would def. be a girl! he had/has a very girly skull LOL!
Proud mommy of 2 wonderful little boys! would love to add a girl to our family in the future. probably with girl-diet.

MiniMuffin27

Joined 25-Feb-12

2-Mar-12 3:06 pm
Oh I am so where you're at. I'm pregnant with #4 and final and have 3 boys. I didn't think my boys were girls but I think this one is which I actually think makes it harder. I can't comprehend a 4th boy. I can't understand never having a daughter. I cannot wrap my brain around what my life will be like if this is a boy. I pray you get your baby girl. No doubt you will love it no matter what. But I know too well that deep longing for a daughter and can't imagine having it the rest of my life. Hope your day gets better and know you're not alone!
DS 9/05
DS 8/07
DS 6/10
DS 8/12
2/14 💔

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 3:21 pm

Thanks everyone for posting.  This is a rollercoaster...

First to get the "sway right"  then to get the BFP.. then to stay pregnant .  then to get healthy baby .. then to get the gedner you want.  

I KNOW I truly will be okay.. I see some womaen on here- with tehhorrid thoughts- and I get it - I do(Im not going to get on a high horse) But I know what is meant to be WILL be.  Just still... I want to know.. 

Im starting to feel better.. maybe because Im working.  I havent even bought anything for baby either.. I have reserached products.  But IF I have a girl- I don't want her in boyish stuff and I certianly dont want my boy in girly things- so I guess mainly the frustration is coming from the Limbo phase Im in.  I can know now - but i cant get an ultrasound.  Devil until the dr orders it- so it drives me more crazy.  I think in less than 3 weeks right- I just want a date. lol so I can obsess over. lol at least dh will come with me to the a/s .. he always knows what to say. 

Thanks again everyone- for the kind words. 

Nini- thanks for reminding me - were all in it together and for following my journey. 

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
2-Mar-12 3:28 pm

nini:

Do you have more pics? I dont see any gender clues in yours xxx

No other pics- I wish - I would post them if I did.

Page: of 9