Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Interesting article - Skinny women are likelier to have girls

Joined 2-Apr-11

21-Feb-12 6:39 am
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jena-pincott/pregnancy-discoveries_b_1287265.html?ref=parents#s638646&title=Skinny_Women_Are There are some interesting points there. But, I am skinny. Had a girl and a boy. Who knows..

Baby Girl Coco -  April 2005 - celebrating 7 wonderful years of pink!

Baby Bear Boy Baby K - Sept 2011 - never thought i could fall in love like that in my life..

Joined 31-Mar-11

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 6:58 am

i am skiny and small...have no girls...3 boys

Baby Bear Boy2008, Baby Bear Boy 2010, Baby Bear Boy 2012 ... i love my boys, but is this the end of the road for me, or would i try again for a mother-daughter dream to come true?

The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of the parents.  (C.G.Jung)

Joined 27-Jan-12

21-Feb-12 7:14 am

I am skinny. I have one son and am expecting a second now.

I love my kids!

Joined 9-Feb-09

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 7:23 am

I wouldn't consider myself skinny (I was in high school!), I have a little weight on me, and I had a girl.

Baby Bear Girl Amelia 7/1/2010      Baby Bear Boy  Maddox  5/7/2012   [

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 9:18 am
When I got pregnant with my son I was 120 and 5'7. When I got pregnant with dd I was heavier at 140.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Joined 21-Jun-11

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 9:33 am
hm... I have to agree this isn't really accurate.. I was really thin when I got pregnant with all 3 of my boys! I really think it's just a crap shoot at this point. Everyone I know that has mixed genders did nothing to sway for it.. it's hard for us who don't because we just have no control over it.. something that is rare in this day and age in general.. plus, it seems so common for people to have mixed genders so then it just feels even worse for those of us who would love to have atleast 1 of each.

Joined 2-Apr-11

21-Feb-12 10:07 am
Hope1212, i totally understand what you're saying. However, all of my friends that have 2 children have 2 of the same - ironic isn't it? I always thought i would get that as well.

Baby Girl Coco -  April 2005 - celebrating 7 wonderful years of pink!

Baby Bear Boy Baby K - Sept 2011 - never thought i could fall in love like that in my life..

Joined 20-Aug-11

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 10:31 am

Well, I don't want to brag or anything, but I can still wear my earrings from high school. ::slaps knee:: Happy ROFL

I almost posted this article yesterday!  I conceived all three of my sons as skinny, so maybe I'll plump myself extra for a girl.  I'll start with these delicious chocolate chip cookies I bought yesterday, mmmm.

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy and and a a baby Baby Bear Boy due May 30th, 2013!

Hayley

Joined 3-Feb-11

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 12:49 pm
BellaVita:

Well, I don't want to brag or anything, but I can still wear my earrings from high school. ::slaps knee:: Happy ROFL

I almost posted this article yesterday!  I conceived all three of my sons as skinny, so maybe I'll plump myself extra for a girl.  I'll start with these delicious chocolate chip cookies I bought yesterday, mmmm.

Happy ROFLAgree

I was around the same weight with both. X

Baby Bear Girl  20/11/09 Lilah Nicole  Baby Bear Boy  10/08/11 Joel Thomas

Baby GirlBaby BoyVery proud Mummy and Daddy

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Joined 19-Mar-08

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 1:34 pm

I think there was recently an article on here saying the exact opposite??  Either way, I am a "normal", healthy weight. 

Baby Boy ~ 9 Baby Boy ~ 5  Baby Girl ~ born Oct.30, 2012!!!

Please Lord hear our pray

Joined 4-Dec-08

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 5:06 pm

Two words - Victoria Beckham

The biggest girl i know, she is HUGE!!! has 6 girls

2 x Baby Bear Boy -  Swayed 3 times = miscarried 3 times, wasted 3 yrs obsessing, no sway = 3rd son due.  Go figure you cant win! only God knows what i did and how much i tried.

Almighty God & Creator, grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy daughter to love and bring up in your ways AMEN 

Joined 13-Jun-09

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 11:03 pm

WelcomeGG:

Two words - Victoria Beckham

Yep...and Gwen Stefani.  VB can keep her toothpick body and pissy face but I'd kill for GS's bod!!

And I know a BIG MOO girl mom with 3 girls so that one is way busted!

I am 5'4" and was 160+ with my son and am down to 130-ish now (and still losing) and am doing fertility treatments, and I will be 40 this summer so who the heck knows what could happen...Surprise

Happy Sunshine 2004

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world. 

-- Helen Keller

Joined 24-Sep-09

Top Poster
21-Feb-12 11:57 pm
Ha! I'm overweight and have TWO girls!!!!

Baby Girl April 2006  Baby GirlJan.2010 Hoping to have a Baby Bear Boy some day.

Joined 19-Dec-11

Top Poster
22-Feb-12 5:16 am
I am not sure about this one tbh. I read something a couple of years ago which said obese women are more likely to have girls because they have raised levels of oestrogen. Plus, I was really skinny when I fell pregnant with DS1, still skinny with DS2 and although I'm still slim now, I wouldn't class myself as skinny and I'm finally expecting girls! I wouldn't put too much store behind this theory I don't think.
Battled against GD and now blessed with 2 boys and 3 girls 

Joined 16-Feb-12

22-Feb-12 7:51 am

I don't quite agree. Maybe if you lose weight a lot before getting pregnant then body will think that there's shortage of food and you get a girl more likely.

But if you've been slim all your life then I don't buy this theory. I'm slim and sporty and have two boys and many friends who have all boys are also slim and in good shape eating healthy food. Then again what does 'skinny' mean? Severely underweight? Or just slim?

Page: of 3