Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

i truly believe we are destined to get what we get....no matter what

Please Lord hear our pray

Joined 4-Dec-08

Top Poster
17-Feb-12 5:35 pm

It doesnt matter how much you pray, how much you sway, how good a parent you are, how bad a parent you are, how much time you spent reading books on gender selection or on the internet, how much you dieted, how much you think you deserve it, how many times you miscarried, asked various GPs etc etc etc..........man i did all those things and more so hard and have wasted soooo much time, money and energy in doing it all for the last 4 years just to be let down HARD.  Taping magnets to my ovaries, supplements, diets, anion pads, anion bracelets, calanders, being positive - gosh i could go on and on when i think about it

IT IS WHAT IT IS, YOU CANT CONTROL IT!!! GET OVER IT AND GET ON WITH IT!!! (that bit im trying to do)

I am still trying to desperately to get out of these bad feelings i have before this baby arrives i know its not fair on the innocent child, the guilt, anger, frustration is killing me...........and consuming my life right now.

2 x Baby Bear Boy -  Swayed 3 times = miscarried 3 times, wasted 3 yrs obsessing, no sway = 3rd son due.  Go figure you cant win! only God knows what i did and how much i tried.

Almighty God & Creator, grant that my body may conceive and give birth to a beautiful, healthy daughter to love and bring up in your ways AMEN 

Joined 13-Feb-12

17-Feb-12 6:20 pm

I couldn't agree more..it's really something you can't control. I didn't try any kind of swaying, I definitely thought about it, I just knew me and knew that I didn't have the patience to really do it..just left it up to god...my husband always says, it is what it is..and it's so true! 

Baby Boy 2010  Baby Boy 2012

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

17-Feb-12 6:48 pm
AMEN!

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken

Joined 4-Feb-10

Top Poster
17-Feb-12 8:33 pm

Agree 100%

Baby Girl (2010)... Baby Girl #2 Due July 3, 2013

Blessed with 4 <3

Joined 21-Jan-10

Top Poster
17-Feb-12 9:34 pm
I agree 110%!!!

Hearts 

Joined 19-Mar-08

Top Poster
17-Feb-12 9:46 pm

I agree, as well! 

Baby Boy ~ 9 Baby Boy ~ 5  Baby Girl ~ born Oct.30, 2012!!!

Joined 20-Aug-11

Top Poster
17-Feb-12 10:30 pm
Agree

Baby BoyBaby BoyBaby Boy and and a a baby Baby Bear Boy due May 30th, 2013!

Joined 13-Jun-09

Top Poster
17-Feb-12 11:37 pm

Well I don't believe anyone is "destined" for anything.  but I responded to a post the other day with this and I still believe it there;s just too much evidence OUTSIDE of InGender to the contrary:

"I think Shettles & swaying works if swaying IF swaying works for you. I do believe it's possible for Shettles, O+12, dietary swaying etc to work for some and not others because it comes down to body chemistry (between you and your partner), ph and all that jazz. I mean look at the reviews for the Shettles book on Amazon...yes there are a few MAD people there but the majority of them are positive. You get overwhelmingly BAD reviews about it here on IG because they likely wouldn't be here if they had a successful sway. You even read about failed 98% sorts on here with Microsort. If some women have boy sperm mixed in with girl the male are going to win out (and vice versa) -- they have only been able to get a girl via PGD. I do believe low tech swaying is definitely possible, (and fairly easy) just not attainable for all. Is it fair? Hell no."

The reviews of Shettles on Amazon are OVERWHELMINGLY more positive than negative: http://www.amazon.com/How-Choose-Sex-Your-Baby/dp/0767926102/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329543050&sr=8-1

And do you SERIOUSLY think these "mothers" were destined to have these daughters?

Sorry but it's you and your partner's body chemistry...and if you ended up with what you wanted then some luck.

Happy Sunshine 2004

Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything good in the world. 

-- Helen Keller

Joined 9-Dec-08

Top Poster
18-Feb-12 12:56 am
velouria:

Well I don't believe anyone is "destined" for anything.  but I responded to a post the other day with this and I still believe it there;s just too much evidence OUTSIDE of InGender to the contrary:

"I think Shettles & swaying works if swaying IF swaying works for you. I do believe it's possible for Shettles, O+12, dietary swaying etc to work for some and not others because it comes down to body chemistry (between you and your partner), ph and all that jazz. I mean look at the reviews for the Shettles book on Amazon...yes there are a few MAD people there but the majority of them are positive. You get overwhelmingly BAD reviews about it here on IG because they likely wouldn't be here if they had a successful sway. You even read about failed 98% sorts on here with Microsort. If some women have boy sperm mixed in with girl the male are going to win out (and vice versa) -- they have only been able to get a girl via PGD. I do believe low tech swaying is definitely possible, (and fairly easy) just not attainable for all. Is it fair? Hell no."

The reviews of Shettles on Amazon are OVERWHELMINGLY more positive than negative: http://www.amazon.com/How-Choose-Sex-Your-Baby/dp/0767926102/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329543050&sr=8-1

And do you SERIOUSLY think these "mothers" were destined to have these daughters?

Sorry but it's you and your partner's body chemistry...and if you ended up with what you wanted then some luck.

That trashy mom with the 4 chins is absolutely disgusting. Well they all are but she is the worst.

DS- Trevor 11/24/05

DD - Kathryn 5/7/2010 at 37+5 weeks!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
18-Feb-12 8:03 am
I'm starting to believe that your comment "it is what it is, you cant control it!!! Get over it and get on with it!!!" is right lately.  I have been on IG for years and I have seen some PGD and microsort result in opposite gender or miscarriage and sways work 50/50.  Im starting to believe that the people who try these methods successfully would have had their desired gender with or without swaying, PGD or Microsort. I had an "unsuccessful sway" but I truly believe that ds3 was meant to be in our familyHearts.  I believe God gives us the little souls that are meant to be in our family regardless of gender.  Good luckGood Luck Clover

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

18-Feb-12 12:22 pm
the ladies who got their desired gender will tell you it worked and its all thanks to a sway. the rest of us who have swayed very hard, prayed day and night and still got 7 girls will tell you its bologna. i used to cry and think, 'why am i the only one having a girl? why does everyone think im so lucky when i think they are? why are all these ladies who don't want boys getting them? when is it my turn?... prayingforaprincess just said it right.. my girls were meant to be with me for a reason and her boys were meant to be with her for a reason and yes we can complain and cry all we want but it won't matter in the end. we can buy the gender we want but who even knows if it will take? then you just threw away thousands of bucks you could use on your exsisting children. alot of us with large families just don't have thousands of bucks laying around to play with.

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken

Joined 8-Jul-09

Top Poster
18-Feb-12 12:59 pm
I like to think this is true. Just like I found peace when I lost my daughters twin, I consoled myself by hOnestly believing that there was a reason, I don't know what, but a reason that meant that baby was not meant to be born. I did sway for this pregnancy, more so in the event that if I were to have another girl, I could have found peace with the fact that at least I tried what I knew I could, and If it would have been another girl, I know she would have been meant to be. Yes, my sway was successful, but if that was down to the actual sway or not - I will never know. I like to think my unborn baby boy was meant to be my next baby - regardless of the egg White and god knows what else me and dh went through. I believe my baby, THIS baby, is meant to be. And without the sway, I like tothink it still would have Been him. Of course, I would still had swayed - only more so to stop the what ifs. Xxxx

Joined 7-Sep-09

18-Feb-12 5:18 pm

I think it's a load of rubbish too.  Don't you think they'd be doing this in China/India if it worked so well?  Then there would be no terminations due to sex blah blah blah.  You're either going to get A or B. 

I can't imagine how a book is going to determine what baby you are going to get, it's a fraction of a moment in time, how can any book tell you which of the 250 million sperm will make it to the egg?  It only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg.  I think it's money grabbing publishing at it's worst, not to mention all the heartbreak.  I think it's ridiculous!!

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
18-Feb-12 7:53 pm
newbaby2011:
the ladies who got their desired gender will tell you it worked and its all thanks to a sway. the rest of us who have swayed very hard, prayed day and night and still got 7 girls will tell you its bologna. i used to cry and think, 'why am i the only one having a girl? why does everyone think im so lucky when i think they are? why are all these ladies who don't want boys getting them? when is it my turn?... prayingforaprincess just said it right.. my girls were meant to be with me for a reason and her boys were meant to be with her for a reason and yes we can complain and cry all we want but it won't matter in the end. we can buy the gender we want but who even knows if it will take? then you just threw away thousands of bucks you could use on your exsisting children. alot of us with large families just don't have thousands of bucks laying around to play with.
I agree with this 110%. I think u get what u get. I'm prepared for whatever God gives me this time for #4 and although God knows I desire a dd I pray for what God wants me to have. I still dunno yet as I haven't found out gender ...

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Joined 4-Feb-10

Top Poster
18-Feb-12 8:40 pm

I guess I should clarify -- I believe that swaying works and that is that it sways your odds in favour of conceiving one gender over the other, in no way guaranteeing it. I think it might tip the odds from 50/50 to 60/40 at best. In the end, I believe that what is meant to be will be and whatever gender your child is, is meant to be in your life.

Baby Girl (2010)... Baby Girl #2 Due July 3, 2013

Page: of 3