Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Positive List....lets begin!!!!!!

Joined 19-Jan-12

20-Jan-12 8:36 am

So since I know I am depressed and not alone I wanted to find answers on ways to change how I feel.  With this website I get validation but I think I also need to add a positive outlook to how I feel so I think we should start a list !!

POSITIVE LIST FOR HAVING ALL BOYS !!!!!

1.  My boys will each feel special and won't think that I adore one child more than the other like they would if my last was a girl.

2.  I am the Queen and Princess of my home and anything girly in my house is MINE !!! 

3.  Lots of money saved on clothes and accesories!!!  (Next goal is to make a plan on what to do with the extra money saved...maybe a   vacation??????)

I have a few more but will give other ladies a chance to share their list too :)

Baby Boy-04  Baby Boy-07  Baby Boy-09  Baby Boy-due in June

Counting my blessings:-)

Joined 15-Dec-09

Top Poster
20-Jan-12 9:15 am

1.  I have the opportunity to mold 3 amazing men.

2.  They have the most amazing bond I have ever seen.

3. They have so much in common and our whole upstairs is their boy themed area

4. I have 3 adoring fansHappy  LOL

Baby Boy(2/2005)Baby Boy(5/2008)Baby Boy(5/2011) (Dr pressured me into tubal during csectSad Flower)

Joined 11-Feb-08

20-Jan-12 9:43 am

As for the fellas.

A little girl will never look at their mother with the love and adoration that a little boy will.  I am the apple of my sons eye.

Boys have a energy all their own.  I can see my son taking on the world bit by bit.

My older son (13) is one of my best buds.  I spend so much time talking with him just the two of us.  It is very special when you open up the art of conversation with your son.

Baby Boy  98  Baby Girl  08  Baby Boy due 12

Joined 29-Oct-08

Top Poster
20-Jan-12 9:50 am

1-No elaborate hairdo's to worry about.  We can be out the door in no time.

2-My hubby always has to take the kids to the bathroom when we go out in public!

3-Boys fight and then move on, the girls tend to be so emotional and hold onto grudges forever!

4-No preteen, teen girl drama.  Seriously girls that age can be so mean to each other, and all the mamas of girls I know have a hard time knowing how to handle it. 

Baby Boy01 Baby Boy03 Baby Boy05 Baby Boy09 Final Boy 2012

My family is complete ???

Joined 29-Mar-10

Top Poster
20-Jan-12 9:55 am
Betty S:
My older son (13) is one of my best buds.  I spend so much time talking with him just the two of us.  It is very special when you open up the art of conversation with your son.
My 10 year old is the same. I talk to him alot and he knows he can come to me and talk to me about anything(currently talking about a girl he likes!!!). My 3 boys are great friends and at the moment they are playing on the xbox and they have lots of fun together. I LOVE they way they put me up on a pedestal and will turn round for no reason and say Mam I love you(never to DH). It's a very special bond that a mother has with her sons and one that you will love. I recently went to Liverpool(to watch a football match) with DS#1(just the 2 of us on our own) and we had the best time ever just walking round all the sights and chatting. He linked me the whole time and wasn't embarrassed or anything. I love that I have such a good relationship with my boys. The other 2 are a bit younger but I do try to spend time with them on their own too. Like for christmas I made a voucher for each of them to spend a day with me where we would go for buns and coffee and buy them something nice from the shop and it was like gold dust to them. You are going to love having 3 boys. I promise xxx

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy2005  Baby Boy2007  Baby Girl2011
Heartbroken03/04 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Link to my sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/153613/1475834.aspx#1475834

Joined 11-Feb-08

20-Jan-12 10:08 am

little men X3 & 1 princess:
   I LOVE they way they put me up on a pedestal and will turn round for no reason and say Mam I love you(never to DH).

LOL it is funny that you mention this.  My SIL has two sweet baby boys.  Her husband was thrilled cause he had a DD from a previous marriage and wanted baby boys.  Well he now gets fustrated because this DS will always tell mommy how much they love her and how precious she is but they rarely do to daddy and sometimes this gets him fustrated.  I do feel bad for him and when I watch them I encourage them to tell daddy I missed you and love you when he picks them up but I do think it is so sweet how they dote on there mommy.

Joined 8-Jul-09

Top Poster
20-Jan-12 10:09 am

To the OP - all the nice things said about having a boy - I imagine they are all true, and i HOPE i get to experience these points myself - but if i end up with DD3, i might even come on here and do a list for girls.  To help with any GD i may have.  And if not, i wont.  but i dont expect to have an ear bashing about it.  especially on a GD forum. 

I have two beautiful girls - and I am NOT offended AT ALL by any of the things that have been said about girls - this forum is for encouragement, understanding and support. 

Lets see those boy comments keep coming - i would chip in, but i seriously have ZERO experience with a litte fella (for now anyway FX ............)

xx

My family is complete ???

Joined 29-Mar-10

Top Poster
20-Jan-12 10:17 am
clazbaz:

To the OP - all the nice things said about having a boy - I imagine they are all true, and i HOPE i get to experience these points myself - but if i end up with DD3, i might even come on here and do a list for girls.  To help with any GD i may have.  And if not, i wont.  but i dont expect to have an ear bashing about it.  especially on a GD forum. 

I have two beautiful girls - and I am NOT offended AT ALL by any of the things that have been said about girls - this forum is for encouragement, understanding and support. 

Lets see those boy comments keep coming - i would chip in, but i seriously have ZERO experience with a litte fella (for now anyway FX ............)

xx

Well said Clazbaz. Hoping you get your boy. When do you find out???

Baby Boy 2001  Baby Boy2005  Baby Boy2007  Baby Girl2011
Heartbroken03/04 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Link to my sway: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/p/153613/1475834.aspx#1475834

Joined 8-Jul-09

Top Poster
20-Jan-12 10:36 am

little men X3 & 1 princess:

Well said Clazbaz. Hoping you get your boy. When do you find out???

Thank you!  We swayed - and i was told at my nuchal scan there is a good chance it worked Pray

I brought my scan foward today - it is 28th January!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So scared and excited all at the same time.  If you get chance - have a look at my nub (lol cheeky - sorry!)  THANK YOU

x

Joined 19-Jan-12

20-Jan-12 10:36 am

I would like to continue the positives if thats ok because I thouroughly enjoyed the other ladies positives and they have helped me today!!!  So thanks!!!

Baby Boy-04  Baby Boy-07  Baby Boy-09  Baby Boy-due in June

Joined 11-Feb-08

20-Jan-12 10:49 am
clazbaz"]

[quote user="km4b:

YIKES!!!!  I really wanted a positive post and didn't want to offend any GD women with girls!!!  ........................................  [/quote]

You haven't km4b!  I don't really get what the issue was about, in fact i dont think any of us did.  I look forward to reading more positive boy posts!

Although i do agree with one previous poster - about the hair thing!  I would love to have a morning where i didnt have to freak about my DDs bedhead!

xxx

I agree with clazbaz, I thought it was a great idea. I know many mothers on this site are hoping for a DD and I would never want to say or do anyting to add to there GD. Boys are great.

As for hair I was a mess on that one myself. One of the reasons I was scared to have a DD was I was not sure what to do with the hair. I was a tomboy and felt that I would make a horrible girl mom. Luckly her first haircut I took her to a fancy kids salon. A bit more money that I like to pay for a haircut but she loved it. I was also felt like for the extra money I could ask the hair technicion to help me come up with a cute hair style that did not require me to do much because I would fall flat on that category. So a cute little bob is what we do and it looks great on her.

Joined 20-Jun-11

20-Jan-12 12:20 pm

Well, considering I don't HAVE a son, there's no guilty conscience here!

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
20-Jan-12 12:54 pm

In the past, these kinds of posts have been moved to the gender specific parenting, in order to avoid these controversies.  OP:  I know you didn't intend to start anything and you are only wanting to focus on positives, so all boy moms can give some support, but some people are just a little too sensitive and turn into some bashing contest. I love your reasons, and what you were trying to say!  Now going back to read the entire thread. PS. Boys Rock. Girls Rock.

Joined 8-Jan-12

20-Jan-12 1:22 pm
clazbaz:
Dear km4b, I am sorry that your post got hijacked. And the idea of it was lovely. What do you say to starting a brand new post, with your first post copied in, and then all us other ladies can pop to that one instead and continue the list of positive things. And discussions about circumcision and whatever else it is that nature would like to debate, she can do on here by herself. That is, if you havent been put off coming to this gd forum for support after the comments in your post. Hope you do - cuz the list was cute, humorous and sweet xxxxxx
Yes, *this* :) I couldn't agree more.

Joined 10-Dec-11

20-Jan-12 1:40 pm

My boys are each others' best friends.  They play together and watch out for each other.  DS3 is finally getting to the age to really start keeping up with his brothers.

Boys are easy to care for - you wash them and dress them - no worries about taking care of long hair or doing hairstyles (despite that this is one thing I'm looking forward to doing with a girl, but it does make getting ready go pretty quick).

They're all into the same toys, so it's easy to keep one playroom for them all to share.

As other moms of boys have said, I really am the super mom in the house.  It's so sweet to hear the random "Mommy, you're so pretty" or "You look like Princess Leia today!"  It just brightens your day :)  They talk about someday finding a girl to marry who's just like me!

They have a great imagination and can play with anything from cardboard boxes to sticks and string.

Baby Bear Boy'05, Baby Bear Boy'07, Baby Bear Boy'10 - got a bfp in June, baby Baby Bear Boy #4!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Page: of 2