Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Blood test came back high risk for downs!

Joined 26-Mar-07

Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

31-Dec-11 7:53 am
Those tests have notoriously high false positives. I refused the test with all three of my pregnancies for that reason. Your babies have already been tested for Down Syndrome by PGD and they were normal. The PGD is much more accurate than this test. It sounds like you are worried about the risk of amnio, and it would be so horrible to have something go wrong after all you've been through to have these babies. I would just try not to worry about it. I know it's hard though. With my second son, his 20 week u/s had three "soft markers" for Down Syndrome, and we went through a couple of weeks of freaking out about it. Then we met with a genetic counselor who explained how inaccurate these tests are, and we relaxed a bit. My son is perfectly fine.

Mom2RJA Baby Boy R, 2000 Baby Boy J, 2003 Baby Girl A, 2009 MS/IUI 10/2/07 at GIVF, natural cycle, 1 follicle, 94.7% sort purity, BFN MS/IUI 8/25/08 at HRC, Clomid + Ovidrel, 3 follicles, 92.99% sort purity, BFP!!! Beta #1 on 9/9 (15 dpo): 153, Beta #2 on 9/11 (17 dpo): 395 

mom2rja@gmail.com

RJA Feet