Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Moon sign and Odan....

swayin&prayin

Joined 31-Mar-11

26-Dec-11 2:39 am
I was looking at the theories about the moon signs for gender conception and it sounds to me like it may be the exact method that the Odan website uses, odan.jp Does anyone know if this is correct? I was thinking about just ordering the ovulation chart to see when I'm ovulating, and try and see which months I'll be ovulating during the girl moon signs. Or maybe i'll just order the gender chart and see if the days it tells me I will most likely conceive a girl match up with the girl moon signs on lunarium.com. What do you guys think? Any feed back is greatly appreciated. :)

03/01/10 Baby Boy And another Baby Boy due march 2013 Did more swaying than praying but it didn't work. Saying goodbye to my dreams of pink :(

Joined 13-Aug-11

Top Poster
26-Dec-11 4:52 am

Hi swayin&prayin. Odan gives you a lunar ovulation calendar. So it can be be very different to your menstrual cycle O. You can do a free lunar O calendar at astro.com. The instructions for how to do it are on here somewhere, but if you get stuck, just ask. I ended up buying an Odan calendar because I was interested to see which months had the best energy for a female conception for me. However, if you are just after the lunar O dates, then the free one on astro will give you the same info.

To check if you are having your menstrual O in a girl moon, you can absolutely look at lunarium. It will be exactly the same. I have been tracking my cycle for 10 months and it all matches up between sites. I plan to do OPKs leading up to my menstrual O to see if it will happen in a girl moon (and not too close to changing to a male sign). And if it is not a good month, then if my lunar O is a girl month, I can still try with that!

Hope all this makes sense! I do think that including the moon sign in your sway is a great idea, so all the best with it.

nnekysolo

Joined 11-May-11

26-Dec-11 3:41 pm

Hi dear, i ve decided to leave my sway for a boy till january os i dont want to get it wrn...now do u think i should go with the astro.com O calendar or to use the lunaruim menstrual O in a boy month......pls advise....

secondly, according to astron.com, january is going to be like a girl month but can i still try my sway if the menstrual O in in the girl moon....i am willing to wait, pls advice...thanks

' when life knock you down, remember you are in a best position to pray'Baby Bear Boy

swayin&prayin

Joined 31-Mar-11

26-Dec-11 6:34 pm
Hi Peony, wow thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. I want a little girl so bad and after researching on in-gender for a while I think that moon signs might have more of an influence on gender than all of this dieting and other stuff does. I also read the one post where you posted about the research you have done on gender conception and moon signs and was absolutely blown away by the results! I can't believe more people haven't caught on to it yet! Too many successes for it to be a fluke. A question though about the ovulation, are you saying that your lunar O and menstrual O are two completely different O's? I thought acoording to the Odan site that the dates they gave you for your lunar O were supposed to match identically to your menstrual O, am i wrong on that? Thats the part I find a little confusing. I thought we only O'd once in a month?? And are you saying that with the chart you get from Odan there are only certain months when you can try for a girl, not days? I was thinking maybe they went by moon signs but doesn't sound like it. I'd like to do what you are doing if the moon signs don't match up as girl for menstrual O than try with lunar O if it's a girl month but I'm afraid it will be wrong and I'll end up with a boy if it's not in a girl sign! There's so much to think about when doing this. Once again I really appreciate your help with this. Looks like you are going to be ttc'ing for your girl pretty soon!! I'm praying for you so hard my friend. I really, really hope that you get her very soon. I'm sure you will, you seem very knowledgable about all this! I will continue to pray for you until you get your daughter. Best of luck to you!

03/01/10 Baby Boy And another Baby Boy due march 2013 Did more swaying than praying but it didn't work. Saying goodbye to my dreams of pink :(

Joined 13-Aug-11

Top Poster
26-Dec-11 8:26 pm
nnekysolo:

Hi dear, i ve decided to leave my sway for a boy till january os i dont want to get it wrn...now do u think i should go with the astro.com O calendar or to use the lunaruim menstrual O in a boy month......pls advise....

secondly, according to astron.com, january is going to be like a girl month but can i still try my sway if the menstrual O in in the girl moon....i am willing to wait, pls advice...thanks

Hi nnekysolo. If Jan is a girl month on astro.com then I would avoid BD around the days leading up to and including that. (ie the red days on the calendar). If your menstrual O is going to fall outside these days, then definitely TTC your boy if it is going to fall on a boy sign moon. Don't forget to have a look on the lunarium calendar to check and do OPKs before O to make sure. GL with it!

Joined 13-Aug-11

Top Poster
27-Dec-11 12:53 am

swayin&prayin:
Hi Peony, wow thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. I want a little girl so bad and after researching on in-gender for a while I think that moon signs might have more of an influence on gender than all of this dieting and other stuff does. I also read the one post where you posted about the research you have done on gender conception and moon signs and was absolutely blown away by the results! I can't believe more people haven't caught on to it yet! Too many successes for it to be a fluke. A question though about the ovulation, are you saying that your lunar O and menstrual O are two completely different O's? I thought acoording to the Odan site that the dates they gave you for your lunar O were supposed to match identically to your menstrual O, am i wrong on that? Thats the part I find a little confusing. I thought we only O'd once in a month?? And are you saying that with the chart you get from Odan there are only certain months when you can try for a girl, not days? I was thinking maybe they went by moon signs but doesn't sound like it. I'd like to do what you are doing if the moon signs don't match up as girl for menstrual O than try with lunar O if it's a girl month but I'm afraid it will be wrong and I'll end up with a boy if it's not in a girl sign! There's so much to think about when doing this. Once again I really appreciate your help with this. Looks like you are going to be ttc'ing for your girl pretty soon!! I'm praying for you so hard my friend. I really, really hope that you get her very soon. I'm sure you will, you seem very knowledgable about all this! I will continue to pray for you until you get your daughter. Best of luck to you!

Grrr, I typed a long reply and then it vanished! Don't you hate that?! I'll try again...

Thanks for your message. All of the Canadian ladies I've met on here are so lovely.

Every woman is different, where some will have the lunar O and menstrual O always lining up and others have it totally separate or just aligning every now and then. It is a good idea to keep track of your cycle on fertility friend or something similar, so you can compare both. The main things I do is BBT each morning before I get up, keep an eye on CM, and OPKs leading up to O. I have got a +OPK before my lunar O and another +OPK before my menstrual O one month when they were about 5 days apart. But that was just out of interest, mostly I just do OPKs before my menstrual O.

O twice a month is possible as studies have shown a woman can release a follicle even a few times a month. However, after an O, the hormones released may mean that further O's can't easily lead to a conception. I think this is why Odan say that if the lunar and menstrual O occur together you are very fertile. I have no idea how many women have got pg from their lunar O alone, but if they are separate, I know a lot of women use it as an extra time to TTC each month. This is best if you just want to get pg of course, without trying to sway. Otherwise you need to make sure it is a girl month.

Lunar calendars give you a precise date each month when you can have a lunar O, and next to it is a gender sign. Most ladies alternate boy, girl, boy, etc each month. Some have months with no gender specified, if their O is due near the change of moons. So they do use moon signs, it is just that they say they can predict the gender as your lunar O is determined by when and where you were born. It is when the moon is in exactly the same position it was when you were born.

Lunarium is excellent to check any date to see what moon sign it will be in. You need to adjust the times given for each moon sign (they last around 2.5 days) to your time zone as they are in London time. You can also check back if you know your past conception date or anyone elses, to see what moon sign they O in, and if they ended up with the same gender.

GL looking into it all. I found it confusing at first, but after 10 months think I have got my head around most of it. I just need a chance to put it into practise and see if it works for me! I'm happy to answer any questions as best I can. I'm not trying to tell you not to buy an Odan calendar (I did after all!) but you may as well start with the free one on astro.com.

swayin&prayin

Joined 31-Mar-11

27-Dec-11 5:11 pm
Wow, thank you for taking the time to type all that out again after you lost it. That was very considerate of you. And thank you so much again for all your help, it is really so appreciated. I think I am going to start trying to track my ovulation. The only thing is that I'm on the pill... I see you've been tracking yours for ten months. Do you think I should go off the pill and start tracking now if I want to TTC this Spring?

Joined 13-Aug-11

Top Poster
27-Dec-11 5:25 pm
It can be handy to give yourself a few months to track your cycle before you TTC so you can see any patterns. However, you need to be careful not to get pg before you want to! I had the Mirena in until Christmas 2010 (horrible thing, I don't recommend it) and started getting more serious about all this in March. We are really careful around both my lunar O and menstrual O, and so far it has worked in terms of not getting pg. Totally up to you to do what feels right.

swayin&prayin

Joined 31-Mar-11

27-Dec-11 6:07 pm
Thanks again Peony! I'm supposed to go back on the pill tomorrow but I talked it over with my husband and we think it's best if I go off it and start tracking right away since your cycle can get thrown off for the first few months of going off the pill. We will definitely be extra careful, especially when it is close to my O. Wanted to mention to you as well that I went to Astro.com as I was curious to see if he was conceived during a boy or gir moon sign. I typed in the day I believe he was conceived and sure enough it say Gemini, boy sign! I really can't believe how accurate this seems to be, it gives me lots of hope for the future.

Blessed with 4 <3

Joined 21-Jan-10

Top Poster
27-Dec-11 6:08 pm
Does anybody know how or where to purchase an odan calendar for gender....I am in the US.  I tried clicking on the price, but it keeps giving me an error.

Hearts 

swayin&prayin

Joined 31-Mar-11

27-Dec-11 6:09 pm
Sorry, by he I mean my son. He was conceived when the moon was in Gemini. :)

swayin&prayin

Joined 31-Mar-11

27-Dec-11 6:13 pm
Hey Kansas, I'm not too sure actually. I live in Canada and I've never tried ordering one before. I hope there is some where we can. There has to be. I'll try and look it up and see if I can find out. :\

swayin&prayin

Joined 31-Mar-11

29-Dec-11 12:34 pm
kansasgal:
Does anybody know how or where to purchase an odan calendar for gender....I am in the US.  I tried clicking on the price, but it keeps giving me an error.
Hey Kansas, from what I can tell the method the Odan website uses is the same as the Jonas method. If you go to the website, drjonasmethod.com it gives you all the info there and you can order a calendar off them if you live in the US. It looks like they are pretty pricey though, but maybe that's the same as Odan I don't know. You can try Googling Jonas method and see if there is anything else, or you can try using the free one as Peony was telling me about above. Hope this helps.

Blessed with 4 <3

Joined 21-Jan-10

Top Poster
29-Dec-11 7:06 pm
swayin&prayin"][quote user="kansasgal:
Does anybody know how or where to purchase an odan calendar for gender....I am in the US.  I tried clicking on the price, but it keeps giving me an error.[/quote] Hey Kansas, from what I can tell the method the Odan website uses is the same as the Jonas method. If you go to the website, drjonasmethod.com it gives you all the info there and you can order a calendar off them if you live in the US. It looks like they are pretty pricey though, but maybe that's the same as Odan I don't know. You can try Googling Jonas method and see if there is anything else, or you can try using the free one as Peony was telling me about above. Hope this helps.
Ok I will have to look into it. Thank you so much.

Hearts 

Joined 13-Aug-11

Top Poster
1-Jan-12 12:35 am
kansagal, I read about your m/c. That is heartbreaking to hear. Let me know if I can help at all with all the lunar stuff. I had a quick look at your lunar calendar and June is a great girl month for you. Anyway, take care of yourself.

Page: of 2