Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Nervous about gender ultrasound tomorrow

Joined 3-Dec-11

10-Dec-11 7:26 pm
I am SO nervous about my gender ultrasound tomorrow. I'm 16 weeks preg with my third. I have two boys that I adoreand am hoping for a girl. I couldn't wait until 20 week ultrasound so I'm getting a private one tomorrow morning. All I've done since finding out I was pregnant is obsess over whether this is a boy or girl. So much that i can't even sleep at night. I feel guilty about how much I want a girl and I know ill be disappointed if it's not. I know ill love this baby no matter what it is and that as long as it's healthy is all that truly matters. this is our last and the though that I may never have a girl depresses me. I've always dreamed with a little girl. I don't know how I'll possibly sleep tonight or how I'll get through until tomorrow. I have such anxiety!! I keep picturing the ultrasound tech saying "there is his penis" and me crying hysterically. Then the guilt comes in!! Sorry, had to vent. Wondering if anyone else ever felt this way or if I'm the only crazy person out there.

Baby Boy10,  Baby Boy2,  and Baby Boy born 5/29/12 (I'm so in love!)

Joy

Joined 4-Nov-11

Top Poster
10-Dec-11 9:33 pm
First I want to tell you I hope you get your little girl.. and second you're not crazy unless we are both crazy lol.. I have 3 girls and a step daughter.. and I'm hoping for a baby boy this time and absolutely can't wait for my next ultrasound on the 22nd everyday it seems like its getting harder to wait. But GOOD LUCK tomorrow let us know what you're having!!
Mom to: (DsD)+ + (VR Baby)*13w 4d*+ (VR Baby 2) *chemical pregnancy*+ BFP!!! VR Baby 3 due April 2015

Joined 3-Dec-11

10-Dec-11 11:02 pm
Thanks for responding & for making me feel better about feeling this way. I hope you get your baby boy! I'm sending you all my blue dust :) I will definitely update tomorrow on results. Now, I just need to figure out hope to get through the night lol!

Jenn

Joined 2-Jun-11

10-Dec-11 11:14 pm
I know exactly how you feel. I had 2 boys and am hoping that I'm having a girl this time as well. I've been only looking at girl stuff. I told my husband I it's a girl I want to know but if it's a boy then he can tell me later. I don't want to cry at my ultrasound. I know this sounds horrible doesn't it? I'm sendin you PINK dust, thoughts, vibes, etc.... My ultrasound is on Thursday morning.
Jenn mommy to Baby Boy 1/07 Baby Boy3/09 Baby Boy 5/12 Talking about going high tech for a girl in the next 5 years!

Joined 3-Dec-11

11-Dec-11 12:07 am
@ lilsweetone. I hope you too get your baby girl!! I'm sending you all the girl vibes in the world!! GOOD LUCK! :) I cried at my ultrasound with ds#2 and now feel awful about that because he is absolutely perfect & I wouldnt change him for anything in the world. So, don't feel bad and no it's not awful. I'm sure if I am told it's another boy I'll probably be shedding tears again. This time it may be harder since its our last. Keep faith. There are so many women out there who had a girl after two boys (I'm actually the 3rd child after two brothers) or who had a boy after two girls. It can happen to us too! Positive thoughts! Keep us updated with gender results! I will post mine tomorrow.

Joined 10-Nov-09

Top Poster
11-Dec-11 1:57 am

Good Luck Clover

Joined 3-Dec-11

12-Dec-11 11:28 am

Looks like it's another boy! I've been so sad. I have literally been crying non stop since finding out. I keep asking why not me? Why couldn't I have a baby girl? I feel that it is so unfair!! I'm devastated! i know this sounds awful but I didn't want a third boy. I'm sorry, I just didn't. I was perfectly content with the two that I have now. I was hoping that the reason I was given a third was because it was time for my girl. I have to go back for my 20 week ultrasound where I need the double confirmation. The potty shot was pretty clear though. I've gone through millions of IG gender oppossite ultrasounds and while some do resemble mine, I feel as though mine is unquestionably a boy. Please look and give me your opinion. Good luck to everyone out there who is praying for a specific gender. I hope God hears your prayers because he definitely didn't hear mine.

Full-size image

Joy

Joined 4-Nov-11

Top Poster
12-Dec-11 11:33 am
I'm sorry you didn't get your baby girl hun. :(
Mom to: (DsD)+ + (VR Baby)*13w 4d*+ (VR Baby 2) *chemical pregnancy*+ BFP!!! VR Baby 3 due April 2015

Joined 2-Dec-11

12-Dec-11 12:04 pm

i went today also for my 20 weeks unltrasound,and i was gutted the min she put the thingy on my belly i saw his todger pretty much straight away, she told me i needed scanning again and off i went out to let everyone know, i just couldnt help myself break down and cry on the phone to my mum. so phone calls made i went back into the hospital to have my appointment with the shared care at hospital because im having a elective c -section due to previous sections when the doctor sits me down and tells me that my placentais covering the opening of the cervix and itsquite important that with any twinge i get i come straight in as i could loose the baby so now i feel so awful for even caring that hes a boy, now i just want to get through the next 6 weeks and pray he doesnt come early... xxx

Baby BoyBailey 2004    Baby BoyBaby BoyLoucas & Harvey twin boys 2007         Baby BoyJacob due April 2012 xxx

Joined 3-Dec-11

12-Dec-11 1:50 pm
@Liane87.  I hope everything is ok with you and your baby boy. I know when he is here I will love him the same but for now, I am just deeply sad and angry. It's too soon, perhaps. Best of luck to you!!

Joined 12-Dec-11

Top Poster
12-Dec-11 1:58 pm
Sending you lots of hugs and hoping time is a healer x I know exactly how you feel, in fact may even out off finding out this time until I'm around 30 weeks as at least that could mean I have another 20 weeks of dreaming I may just get a girl but am preparing myself for a 3rd boy. Boys are so, so special and being the only girl in the house is a wonderful feeling bu it's not the same as knowing you won't get a daughter ... Don't know about you but I feel like the only person out there that doesn't have a daughter, literally all my friends and family have at least 1 and it makes me sad. Hope you can become more positive over the next few weeks but totally understand that you need time to grieve and sending you lots of love.
Proud mummy of 2 wonderful boys and now a 3rd one one the way

Joined 3-Dec-11

12-Dec-11 2:11 pm

@ Ruby_red. Thanks, I appreciate your understanding. Yes, I feel as though I am the ONLY person who does not have a girl. This year, 10 of my friends had babies and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM had a girl. In fact, two of my good friends had a girl after two boys! So, I thought why not me if everyone else has them including my two friends with two boys?... Yesterday while I laid in bed sobbing, I could hear all the noise coming from my family room and hear all the goofy sounds the boys were making (the crashing/flying boy sounds) while playing and I felt so alone because I just cant relate to them. I love them dearly but I feel so alone. I always dreamed of my little girl (what she would look like, how close we would be) and the realization that i will never have her is really depressing. I'm trying real hard to accept it and I know it's going to take some time but for now, I just want to curl up in a ball and sob. I honestly don't even want to see a baby girl for a long time - not until I can accept this. I hope you get your little girl! I'm seding you all my support and don't lose faith!!

Joined 12-Dec-11

Top Poster
12-Dec-11 2:54 pm
Since having my second son in 2008, literally everyone I know that has had babies have had girls, it's so hard, I couldn't go into a baby shops for a long time... I couldn't bring myself to walk past the girls clothes. I did find spending a bit more money and getting some really cute boys stuff helped, knowing I could as we had other boys clothes at home but realistically it's not the baby. Such you're grieving, it's the chance to have a daughter and I think it will take a long time to get over that. Have to say, I don't particularly get on well with my mum, have never related to her, never had a girlie relationship with her etc, my sister has but I nev have and sometimes I think it may be easier to have a son that I get on so closely with (again my mum is really close to my younger brother) than it would be to have a daughter that you presume you will relate to and then just end up with, well... Just an awkward relationship like the one I have with my mum. I often wonder if my mum grieves the daughter she nev had with me as she probably had all those hopes and dreams we have about having girls and got a girl but it just didn't work. So I guess that is one way to look at it. I know what you mean about the amount of people walking around with 2 boys and a girl, it so hard that there just isn't a straight forward way of getting the family you want.
Proud mummy of 2 wonderful boys and now a 3rd one one the way

Joined 2-Dec-11

12-Dec-11 4:00 pm
Csaldana:
@Liane87.  I hope everything is ok with you and your baby boy. I know when he is here I will love him the same but for now, I am just deeply sad and angry. It's too soon, perhaps. Best of luck to you!!

thanks hun, i felt the same as you, and like you everyone i know seems to have a daughter, my facebook feed is full of my princess this and my princess that, i wish i could hide those comments, but ah well ill have to concinve OH to try again in the future x for now im just looking forward to meeting my little man, ive got over it quite quick and just cant wait for our first cuddle xxx

Baby BoyBailey 2004    Baby BoyBaby BoyLoucas & Harvey twin boys 2007         Baby BoyJacob due April 2012 xxx

x Surrounding myself with

Joined 8-Jun-09

Top Poster
14-Dec-11 12:46 am

Just wanted to ssay i know how you are feeling hun, my GD was at its worst with my 3rd DS, but once he was here, i wouldnt change him for all the girls in the world. I have 4 boys now, my GD wasnt anywhere near as bad with ds4 but i had a lot of other more important things going on at the time. Now this baby im carrying, although it would be nice to have a girl as its definately the last baby, as long they are healthy i'll be happy, i dont think i would be this calm but the dates of this pregnancy for me are very significant and special that gender doesnt matter. I just wanted to let you know, it does get better and easier to deal with. All of my friends have at least one girl and it used to really bother me, now i just feel lucky to have so many gorgeous children. (the rest of my friends only have 1 or 2 children) 

Baby Boy 12 May 05   Baby Boy 28 November 07    Baby Boy  17 December 08   Baby Boy  16 May 11  Baby Boy 21 April 12

Page: of 2