Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Questions about Microsort and PGD

Posts: 419

Joined 20-May-09

Top Poster
3-Dec-11 6:06 am
I tried to contact the Genetics and IVF institute regarding Microsort and they said that they aren't taking new couples in the family balancing study. So I have questions- I live in Florida. Who would be the best people for me to contact regarding Microsort and/or PGD? Is there a certain doctor/clinic that seems to be recommended by you all? Can you start the initial process and make payments a year or so before you would be ready to do the process?

Baby Boy Step Son age 11

Baby Boy Arrived March 29, 2010, Swayed for pink, blessed with blue! I am soooooo in love with my little boy!!!!! Baby Boy baby Eric due 04/2012

 

Posts: 1,869

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
3-Dec-11 6:56 am
Hi..unfortunately ms in no longer available in the us... Your closest destination is Mexico.

Posts: 419

Joined 20-May-09

Top Poster
3-Dec-11 6:15 pm
That is sad to hear Sad Does anyone know if it will become available in the US again? Is it safe and the same price in Mexico? PGD is still available in the US though right? Thanks for your help!

Baby Boy Step Son age 11

Baby Boy Arrived March 29, 2010, Swayed for pink, blessed with blue! I am soooooo in love with my little boy!!!!! Baby Boy baby Eric due 04/2012

Posts: 89

Joined 20-Aug-09

3-Dec-11 10:25 pm

yes, PGD is available in the US

Planning to do IVF/PGD for a Baby Girl in summer 2013

Posts: 1,869

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
3-Dec-11 10:41 pm
I know from the other site someone from Fla that cycled at RBA. I know they do ivf for family balancing. ....

Parker

Posts: 79

Joined 25-May-11

4-Dec-11 12:03 am

Hello

Check out Karma4Tatum she has a thread on this HT forum its called Guadalajara Mexico and some other ones, shes there right now. There are all Different prices in Mexico I deeply looked into it then decided on Dr. Potter at HRC, then reconsidered and now waiting to see how Karmas trip turns out. The clinic I was looking into in Mexico was IMI and it was about 13,500 with MS/PGD/IVF/Meds. Thats about the same as Dr.Potter in Cali. who sees a lot of women!! Karma is going to a clinic Instute Vida and its about 7,000 for PGD/IVF/MS/Meds. It seems to be a good clinic and I really like the DR. he is very nice, honest and answers emails fast and all the questions!! I dont think I would go to anywhere in Mexico cheeper then $7000.00. No paymnet plans, but I suppose you could buy the Meds early so you didnt have to pay for everything at once. The meds in Mexico are included in price. :)  Good luck you have a lot to figure out and once you think you have it figured out theres more to decide so its good your starting early. My most recient are first the hardest where to go, I want to feel good about it. Next transfer 1 or 2 embryos. Lastly 2 or 24 probe testing.... What to do. I just feel like if it doesnt work Ill be second guessing myself like I should have done something differnt. Its never to early to set up phone consults too and talk with Dr to figure out where you want to go.

Heart my beautiful Baby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlHeart

Travel to ? in ? for IVF/PGD for my little Baby Boy

Very confused about the right place to go... Help! ;)

Posts: 419

Joined 20-May-09

Top Poster
4-Dec-11 7:36 am
Thanks for all the info girls! That is why I am starting to look into it early so that I have time to plan and save and find the right place, we are still debating about adopting too. Checking out all our options but don't want to not enjoy the process of our baby boy on the way too. There is just so much to figure out if we want a girl in the future to complete our family. Thanks again for the help :-)

Baby Boy Step Son age 11

Baby Boy Arrived March 29, 2010, Swayed for pink, blessed with blue! I am soooooo in love with my little boy!!!!! Baby Boy baby Eric due 04/2012

Posts: 498

Joined 28-Nov-10

Top Poster
5-Dec-11 8:56 pm

Yes, you are correct. Genetics IVF no longer accepts family balancing patients. They do make exceptions for certain cases like autism. They are only doing the MS IVF though and no more IUI.

I've done 2 MS IUI in Mexico City and both times did not get pregnant.  It was not as scary as you may think cycling in Mexico. The clinic is in a modern building on the nice side  of town. Everyone speaks spanish except for a couple people at the clinic (thank goodness Dr  Rivera speaks english). 

They are being very upfront and honest that even with my husbands excellent sort numbers, the chances of pregnancy with the IUI is extremely low (under 10%). I would do the IVF unless you have a lot of time and money to risk the IUI numerous times.  I'm not there yet with MS IVF in Mexico.  I'm also patiently watching/waiting for Karma's results  down there with Dr Luna before I make a final decision.

Baby Bear Boy - 04

Baby Bear Boy - 07

Pray for a Baby Girl to complete our family!

Numerous MS IUI failures.

IVF/PGD fail. Not a single normal girl out of 10 embryos Sad

IVF/PGD#2 - PUPO with a SET normal girl!!!
Beta #1: 78
Beta #2: 238
My angel in heaven Baby Girl.....where to now??? Hearts

IVF/PGD#3 - BFP!!!! More low betas, miscarry 8 weeks

Dutch Girl Sway BFP!! Identical Twins... no heartbeat @ 10 weeks :(

Parker

Posts: 79

Joined 25-May-11

6-Dec-11 1:56 pm

JackiesHope:
I'm also patiently watching/waiting for Karma's results  down there with Dr Luna before I make a final decision.

 

Thats GREAT Jackie!!! ME TOO!! I was going to go to Mexico then deecided on HRC because the place I found in Mexico cost the same as HRC, but never felt great about HRC. SO I am too waiting. Have you emailed Dr.Luna yet?? He is wonderful!! He answered all my questions fast and honestly. I asked him why he gave me such a low % of getting pregnante compared to HRC and he siad dont go off numbers they well throw a big number at you then when it doesnt work theyll say your the other 10% and pretty much if you are healthy and have good gama (not sure what that means) healthy I think then you should get pregnate anywhere you go!!! You should email him any questions you have if you havent yet!!

 

GOOD LUCK!

Heart my beautiful Baby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlHeart

Travel to ? in ? for IVF/PGD for my little Baby Boy

Very confused about the right place to go... Help! ;)

Posts: 498

Joined 28-Nov-10

Top Poster
7-Dec-11 11:14 pm

Gottohaveumboth:

 I was going to go to Mexico then deecided on HRC because the place I found in Mexico cost the same as HRC, but never felt great about HRC.

lol. That's funny! I never felt great about HRC either!

I think Dr Luna made a good point about the big success numbers. HRC/Dr Potter threw out a very big success number my way - that with mypre-testing results it should be no problem to get pregnant  and 75% chance I would get pregnant. And then I asked what if I fall in the other 25%? and he said he doubts that would happen. So that's just either very over-confident or very cocky. I'm not sure which Surprise

 

Does Dr Luna speak english?

Baby Bear Boy - 04

Baby Bear Boy - 07

Pray for a Baby Girl to complete our family!

Numerous MS IUI failures.

IVF/PGD fail. Not a single normal girl out of 10 embryos Sad

IVF/PGD#2 - PUPO with a SET normal girl!!!
Beta #1: 78
Beta #2: 238
My angel in heaven Baby Girl.....where to now??? Hearts

IVF/PGD#3 - BFP!!!! More low betas, miscarry 8 weeks

Dutch Girl Sway BFP!! Identical Twins... no heartbeat @ 10 weeks :(

Page: of 1