Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Anyone doing this yet?

Joined 7-Jul-11

1-Dec-11 1:42 pm
So, with my last pregnancy I took Evening Primrose Oil and started drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea at around 34 ish weeks. I took the evening primrose oil to help soften my cervix because during my first labor I wouldn't dilate. The red raspberry leaf tea is used to help tone and strengthen your uterin muscles for labor and helps with pain during labor. It worked wonders for me. Is anyone going to be doing this? I plan to start tomorrow. I'll be 34 weeks.

Baby Bear Girl Cheyenne 06/07/08  Baby Bear Girl Chloe 09/15/2010  & Niccoli Baby Bear Boy Due January 13, 2012

Joined 31-Jul-07

3-Dec-11 11:00 am

I am being induced next week at 36 weeks.  I best get started I guess. Have you taken it before and do you think it helps? Is the evening primrose a capsule? and how much?

Joined 7-Jul-11

3-Dec-11 12:00 pm

Well, the evening primrose oil is a capsule with oil in it. At 34 weeks it is safe to start taking 2 500 mgs or 1 1000 mg pill orally 1 time a day. Then at 36 weeks you can start taking up to 2000-5000mg orally and if you choose to can start inserting 1 1000 mg capsule vaginally at night before bed. At 38 weeks you can start inserting more and taking more orally. It is recommended to wear a pad or something because it may leak out while you sleep. It helps to ripen your cervix for birth. The Raspberry Leaf tea is amazing! It helps to tone your uterus muscles and "focus" your braxton hicks contractions so that when you do go into labor your uterus will use the contractions more effectively! Also, I drank a LOAD of it when I was in labor and it helped A LOT with the pain! I dilated very quickly and had a very easy delivery. Both help during delivery as well. The oil will also help your skin to "stretch" without tearing and the tea will help with the contractions, pain, recover, and bleeding. I drink about 3 cups a day right now and plan to increase to 4 cups a day by next week.

The evening primrose oil (EPO) can be found at walmart for about 6 dollars (in the vitamin section)

The Raspberry Leaf Tea is at any health food place

If you are being induced so quickly maybe you can talk to your doc about how much EPO you can start to take/insert now to get your cervix ready faster.

Baby Bear Girl Cheyenne 06/07/08  Baby Bear Girl Chloe 09/15/2010  & Niccoli Baby Bear Boy Due January 13, 2012

Joined 7-Jul-11

3-Dec-11 12:09 pm
OH and It stared working the first week. When i was checked at 34 weeks I wasn't softened, dilated, or effacedat all. Then at 36 weeks I was 3cm and my midwife said my cervix was like "butter" and I was about 70% effaced. She said that it was helping a lot and to keep on doing the epo and tea. I went into labor and drank the tea and was calm and the pain was not near as bad as my previous labor. I dilated quickly and had no tears or anything when everything was all said and done. The recovery time was drastically different as well. I had to be checked out at 3 weeks postpartum and my midwife told me I had completely healed and if I was in the mood could start "relations" with my husband again haha. The bleeding also did not last nearly as long as it did with my first.

Joined 31-Jul-07

5-Dec-11 7:37 am

I have got started today.  Certainley worth a try not that I have got much time. It sounds amazing.

Joined 21-Jan-09

Top Poster
21-Dec-11 1:31 pm

Wow thanks for the info, im defo getting the epo i have really long labours, the last was nearly 16 hours of active labour and she was number 5 so ill give anything safe a try for a quicker labour x

My princess Aaliyah is here, how lucky am i x

Kieran 8Baby Bear Boy  Ryan 7Baby Bear Boy  Heartbroken 05/04  Ellis 5Baby Bear Boy  Jamie 4Baby Bear Boy  Heartbroken 08/09  Aaliyah  Baby Bear Girl

Suprise baby on the way edd 31/01/2012 Lilypie Maternity tickers>
Page: of 1