Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

1st miscarriage and so confused! Please Help! *update*

Joined 16-Oct-09

30-Nov-11 8:14 pm
hi there, please help me to make sense of this! To make a long story short.... i got a positive pregnancy test at 9dpo and had slight spotting just once at 44dpo.. called the doc and they had me in for an ultrasound... baby looked good heard the heartbeat at 6wks 2 days. Ultrasound showed a very slight ?? "something" seperatation... can't remember what it was called.she said these things often heal themselves. exactly one week later i was standing in the kitchen cooking dinner and all of a sudden had a bug GUSH of blood and clots... sat in the bathroom for a while and passed alot of blood and clots. 2 hours later, passed the same amount again as the first time. I still am continuing to spot when wiping with toilet paper... I had ZERO pain and Zero spotting or warning that it was even coming except for that very first time i spotted. went to the doc the next day, did another blood test to test Hcg levels, she would not diagnose that i indeed had a miscarriage, which i thougth was weird. I just got a call from the Nurse who said, your levels are rising and you are NOT miscarrying! I told her there is a serious problem then because i lost a ton of blood and passed a ton of clots! she said she would have the Nurse Practitioner call me... I am still waiting. Have any of you ever had this happen? HCG levels rising after miscarriage? I am sure i miscarried i don't know what else it could have been! i feel as if she has got my hopes up, and i am a little angry about it! This is the first miscarriage after 3 boys that i have experienced, and I want nothing more for her to be right, but come on! REALLY! any insight you have on this would be greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif Thank you!               

Joined 12-Dec-09

Top Poster
30-Nov-11 8:50 pm

Angela

Joined 20-Jul-11

Top Poster
30-Nov-11 8:57 pm
I have never had a miscarriage however, I just wanted to say that I hope baby is well. I also wanted to say when I was pregnant with my first the whole time I was pregnant I bled of and on, no spottig heavy heavy bleeding with clots. I continued to go to the hospital and what it turned out to be is I have a soft cervix tjat caused the bleeding. I delivered a full term boy 9 lb 2 ozs So please keep some hope an know it can be alright!! Praying for u and ur litle one!!

Baby Bear Boy  Baby Bear BoyBaby Bear Boy  Baby Bear GirlBorn Aug 5, 2012 at 39 weeks 5 days

Trish

Joined 2-Nov-11

30-Nov-11 9:00 pm
I'm so sorry. From my experience ( maternity nurse) that much blood, especially at 7 weeks, is a definite sign of miscarriage. Sometimes it takes a day or two for your hormones to catch up, sometimes you can have a missed abortion also when your body does not recognize the incident. If you were later on in pregnant, you might have a partial abruption, which if taken care of properly, could subside enough under close supervision (hospitalization and bedrest until delivery but I have never heard of this at 7 weeks gestation). I wonder if your NP thought you were exagerating your blood loss? It is normal to have slight bleedings and spottings through pregnancy. Please update when you hear from her. Good luck to you.

1Heartbroken 1Baby Girl 1Sad Flower 1Baby Boy

Trish

Joined 2-Nov-11

30-Nov-11 9:03 pm
An ultrasound would be key. Maybe demand one if it's not offered to you. You need to know!

1Heartbroken 1Baby Girl 1Sad Flower 1Baby Boy

Joined 17-Jun-11

Top Poster
30-Nov-11 9:33 pm
I'm so sorry. I good everything is ok. I was pregnant with twins but lost baby b around 7weeks and around 12 weeks I had my doctors appt and I just had my nt scan. I was watching my dh workout and went to use the bathroom then all of a sudden I heard and felt a thump then a gush of blood and clots came out of me. I was so scared and I could of sworn I lost my other baby and rush to the er. They did blood work and an ultrasound and luckily my son was fine and kicking along as if nothing was going on. Turns out I had a sch and everything resolved itself and I hope and pray you have something similar and your baby is still in there growing

Baby Bear Girl 9yrs Baby Bear Girl 7yrs Baby Bear Girl 5yrs Baby Bear Girl 4yrs Baby Bear Boy  March 2012

Baby B grew wings and is taking care of its brother Sad Flower

Joined 31-May-11

Top Poster
30-Nov-11 10:27 pm

Sounds like a sch (subchorionic hematoma), it's basically a blood clot that happened when the baby was implanting/attaching.  When I had that, the dr told me I have 50/50 chance.  So it depends on how big the blood clot is and where it is at.  And pretty much, there's not much to do but wait, and try to take it easy and do as much bedrest as you can.  Which means, no lifting.  I'm sorry you are going through this, it's really tough not knowing what is going on and not knowing what to expect.  I hope you and your baby will stay strong. 

Have two Baby Girl!  Expecting baby girl #3 in April! 3 of a kind! :) She's here and I am over my GD!  Our family is complete. Hearts

Joined 16-Oct-09

1-Dec-11 12:47 am
Thank you ladies so much for your thoughts on this! I am going in tomorrow at 9:30am for an ultrasound! I pray pray pray my little bean is still there! and Logie, yes i got the feeling that they thought i was exagerating! But really i wasn't! fingers crossed! xoxoxo Thanks again!

Joined 12-Oct-11

1-Dec-11 2:54 am
Hi jen76 I hope everything is ok today keep us updated xx

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

1-Dec-11 11:01 am

agree with wincha and jwoww. could be either a subchorionic hematoma or a vanishing twin. either way keep us posted and i hope the baby is doing fine. i bled bright red blood almost everyday with my 3rd until i was 13 weeks. she's 6 years old now, she's still a trouble maker  though!

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little on her way!

I love my kids!

Joined 9-Feb-09

Top Poster
1-Dec-11 11:59 am

wincha123:

Sounds like a sch (subchorionic hematoma), it's basically a blood clot that happened when the baby was implanting/attaching.  When I had that, the dr told me I have 50/50 chance.  So it depends on how big the blood clot is and where it is at.  And pretty much, there's not much to do but wait, and try to take it easy and do as much bedrest as you can.  Which means, no lifting.  I'm sorry you are going through this, it's really tough not knowing what is going on and not knowing what to expect.  I hope you and your baby will stay strong. 

Agree  They can't diagnose a miscarriage with just 1 HCG level, they need to take multiple if your levels are continuously rising over days/weeks then that's a good sign!!!

I hope everything is going well and your levels stay strong!

Baby Bear Girl Amelia 7/1/2010      Baby Bear Boy  Maddox  5/7/2012   [

Joined 14-Jan-08

1-Dec-11 1:01 pm

I am so sorry for what you are going  through. I just had a miscarriage on Sunday (first one too after 3 boys). I had similar bleeding to what you are describing, however I passed the baby and it was clear as day it was a baby. I would demand an ultra sound as well. We had seen the heartbeat with my baby...you just never know, but I pray that you have not. It is such a sad thing. Keep us posted and be good to yourself.

Love my boys

Baby Bear Boy 2004 Baby Bear Boy 2006 Baby Bear Boy 2008

Hearts Praying for a DD through high tech one day..........

Joined 16-Oct-09

1-Dec-11 3:36 pm

First off i would like to starty by saying thank you to all of you for your thoughts on this, and i to am sorry for your losses....I am in total shock and disbelief right now.... I saw my baby and the little heart beating away at 174bpm, and measuring right on target at 8wks 3days.  I am so happy, yet so scared. The condition that i have they called a Subchorionic Seperation... which is what they had seen on the U/S at 6wks 2 days. the seperation was small, but is now bigger but still has a chance of heeling itself.  The doc said there is nothing that i can do to stop it from doing what it is going to do, but beings i am almost at 9 weeks is a good sign! I have a 50/50 chance of m/c still. I am feeling so overwhelmed with this news, after everything i have been thru this past week. I can't imagine having to go thru it again! I was sure i had a miscarriage after all the blood and clots that i passed, there was just no mistaking it! I feel like a BIG DORK! :)  I am praying my little bean makes it thru!

Joined 12-Dec-09

Top Poster
1-Dec-11 3:48 pm
I am glad to hear these news! I keep you in my thoughts and hope that all will turn out well!

Jen

Joined 26-Dec-10

Forum Leader Top Poster
Gold

Gold Membership

1-Dec-11 5:20 pm

take it easy and try to rest. the stress probably isn't good. prayers for you and your baby. hugs

Baby Bear Girl01, Baby Bear Girl03, Baby Bear Girl05, Baby Bear Girl09, Baby Bear Girl10Heartbroken, Baby Bear Girl11, Baby Bear Girl11Heartbroken, Baby Bear Boy12, Baby Bear Girl13Heartbroken and another little on her way!

Page: of 2