Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

Instituto Vida

Joined 29-Sep-08

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 3:42 pm
Made it! I am not exaggerating when I say Dr. Luna is great..a genuine, skilled-his experience/qualifications are excellent, and wonderful guy. I am so happy to be working with someone like this. His office is setup in this really cool way with the exam room, bathroom, his office all in it's own suite type setup. Instituto Vida is part of a huge medical building, appears modern-new, but the office itself is nice and quaint which I like the low patient volume feel over high. Really comfortable, he was in no hurry at all.. Answered questions, drew diagrams, asked me questions- we just talked and he did all the exam except his nurse did bp, height, weight. I think I was there 1 1/2 hours? Didn't keep track but maybe.. The microsort office is really small, but again the girl that was there was genuinely sweet and getting really excited for me, saying very hopeful thoughts.. I needed it after first US. When I told her who I was working with she lit up and said what a great doctor he was and how much people love him etc. Dr. Luna told me he couldnt believe he hadn't been over to visit their facility yet so it was nice to hear the comments were based on reputation. The ms office is literally a reception desk, a room for the sample, a room to look at the sample (quality etc), then a room with the fancy machine and she showed me where and how the separation takes place. She said in a lot of ways the end result is better than what you started with for sperm because they discard the not perfect ones(slow swimmers etc). The place I am staying is about 1/2 hour away but so tranquil with tile, pool, fountains,community kitchen, lots of green and a zen garden area..all is great except for my first US. I had 3 days of gonal-f injections and only 5 follicles developing so far. I'm only 35, my fsh was 8.6, then 9.5 another time and E2 was 18. He has added menopur 150 next two days to two more days of 225 of gonal-f... Anyone have any thoughts with this, he said not to worry that he is surprised I didn't have more, but we are going to look in two days and he's hopeful my body will respond to it. I'm a little sad about it.

Baby Bear BoyBaby Boy

First attempt IVF: BFN.

Second attempt BFP!: transferred one hatching blast day ..one sent to freeze. 

9dp5dt beta 214, 11dp5dt beta 615

Both done in Guadalajara MX at Instituto Vida

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 3:55 pm
I'm so happy for you! It's all gonna be fine I'm sure! Trust your doc. Don't stress go zenn!!!!

Joined 25-Mar-10

29-Nov-11 5:15 pm
Sure all will go well. 5 better than none? Maybe more will develop? I am hoping I have some follies too? So much to think about. Guess they know what they are doing and sounds good they showed you around! Good Luck honey xx
X4 adorable stunning boys IVF/PGD/Sort Genesis Dec 2011

Joined 28-Nov-10

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 5:38 pm

Good luck with your MS/IVF.  Does Dr Luna do Microsort IUI? Are the success rates any good for Microsort IUI? Can you ask him?

Baby Bear Boy - 04

Baby Bear Boy - 07

Pray for a Baby Girl to complete our family!

Numerous MS IUI failures.

IVF/PGD fail. Not a single normal girl out of 10 embryos Sad

IVF/PGD#2 - PUPO with a SET normal girl!!!
Beta #1: 78
Beta #2: 238
My angel in heaven Baby Girl.....where to now??? Hearts

IVF/PGD#3 - BFP!!!! More low betas, miscarry 8 weeks

Dutch Girl Sway BFP!! Identical Twins... no heartbeat @ 10 weeks :(

Joined 29-Sep-08

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 6:34 pm
Thanks.. I feel much more relaxed and really feel that the added menopur will be the trick. JH I will ask Thursday about that. I think in saw you were considering IVF? I have noticed some pretty tough results in general with MS IUI not that there haven't been pregnancy's but I just didn't know if you were running out of poss tries. , I know that where I'm going IVF including all is much cheaper than most places. Just a thought, I will def ask though- so much research on this journey

Baby Bear BoyBaby Boy

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 6:35 pm
Hi... Dont stress 5 follies...it's only been 3 days! How much gonal were u on

Joined 13-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 7:19 pm

I just wanted to say good luck!!  I'm happy to see someone doing MS/IVF/PGD again - it's what worked for me and I wish MS were available to more.  I was similar age and testing and also had low follies at my first u/s but my RE upped my meds and it all turned out ok in the end.  You can read about my cycle from my blog if you would like (there's a link in my signature).  With MS, it's like you actually have twice as many follies/embies.  Just keep that in mind.  Good luck!

Baby Boy  Baby Boy who I absolutely adore, and now Baby Girl is here!

My acronyms: MS/IVF/GSN SET OHW @ HRC /  BFP @ 5dp5dt / Beta 225 @ 12dp5dt / Beta 1171 @ 16dp5dt.

My blog:  http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/216355/2061201.aspx#2061201

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 7:22 pm
I wish MS were available :( I wish I had the courage to just go to Mexico and do this! I think it's the unknown for me..but from what you are saying it sounds really reputable and state of the art!

Joined 13-Jan-09

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 7:23 pm

Here is from my blog. I ended up with only 7 embies being biopsied and had 2 normal girls - one is my DD.  Keep the faith.

During the first one (after 5 days of stims) they saw 4 follicles measuring above a 10 and my estradiol was at 356.  My clinic said that was good, but they were going to up my meds.  I had been at 75 iu Menopur and 225 gonal-f.  Now I was going to increase the gonal-f to 300.

Two days later I had my second monitoring appointment and they saw 7 follicles measuring above a 10 and my estradiol was a little over 800.  Good!

So then we flew to California and just today I had my final monitoring appointment.  The nurse confirmed we'd likely get 7 or 8 good eggs, but they needed to stim me one extra day to be sure they were ready.  I'm relieved to be getting that many, but of course had hoped for more.  ER is set for Tuesday morning.

Baby Boy  Baby Boy who I absolutely adore, and now Baby Girl is here!

My acronyms: MS/IVF/GSN SET OHW @ HRC /  BFP @ 5dp5dt / Beta 225 @ 12dp5dt / Beta 1171 @ 16dp5dt.

My blog:  http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/216355/2061201.aspx#2061201

Joined 29-Sep-08

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 7:58 pm
Ilovemykids, thank you for looking that up for me.. That was really sweet. It makes me feel a lot better! What a great point about MS making it almost like twice as good odds. Thank you for that. So before my next appointment I will have a total of 5 doses Gonal-F and two doses 150 of Menopur. AnnaG1 I know that feeling, I had it until I got here and finally got to meet dr. Luna and be in the space. I could walk you through it down to where to exchange money and how to go about getting a taxi, all the details. Where do you live? I really don't want to push you either, it's a big choice. I just want younto know I'm available for questions. I do known that he would be happy to talk to you, I double checked today that it was ok that I had posted his email. He talks very freely about gender selection and his support for me and my dream. It was a relief to feel no judgement and full support.

Baby Bear BoyBaby Boy

Joined 25-Jan-07

Top Poster
1-Dec-11 7:17 am
karma- thank you...so nice of you! How is everything going?

Parker

Joined 25-May-11

1-Dec-11 10:18 am
Hello karma I have emailed you and me and my husband have been talking and thinking a lot about you. I have email Dr.Luna 3 times mostly what I like is his honesty and telling how it really is he is so nice and gets back to you so fast. I've actually put off my treatment here because I didn't feel sure about the office and Dr. I don't know I feel like a cow in a herd being processes or something LOL. Dr Luna made a point to me to stop looking at pregnancy success rates because if they throw a big number at you like 90.% and you dont get pregnante they say your the other 10% and if your healthy and can get pregnante it doesn't really matter where you go, you should feel like its a good place for you and go with your gut. He hasn't acted like I should go to him either never pressured me. I'm thinking about it. So KEEP ME / US UPDATED! I already have my passport! I am so glad to see what you have written. It makes me happy it's all working out good and I have a GREAT GUT feeling about all of this. What is Mexico like? What part of guadalajara are you staying at is there part to stay away from? Is it so hot and wonderful! I don't like winter too much ;) Can't wait for another update!

Heart my beautiful Baby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlBaby GirlHeart

Travel to ? in ? for IVF/PGD for my little Baby Boy

Very confused about the right place to go... Help! ;)

Joined 29-Sep-08

Top Poster
1-Dec-11 6:18 pm
All right.. This appointment was more fun. 10 follicles growing not huge or anything but it shows I'm responding.. 3 at 8mm, 4 at 6mm, 1 at 9, and 2 at 9.5. I've got the same protocol for the next two days with the addition of 25? of cetrotide Friday, next appointment sat. Where I'm staying is about 1/2 hour from clinic and by taxi is about $6 and by bus is 1 hour but 50 cents, so I tried the bus and it was no problem. There is a taxi driver right across the street from Las Sabilas (on VRBO.com) where I am staying, so that's easy too. I love where I'm at though and am glad I'm not staying by the clinic. Its more fun where i am. It's right by the city center with really cool colonial buildings, monuments, lots of restaurants and shops all walking distance. Lots of action..then my place is like this tranquil zone in the middle of all of it. Did i mention its 80 degrees and sunny during the day and they think its winter! Went out to eat with the owner (71) who's lived here 10 years originally California and Luis his assistant who's 30 and from here who's been working for him 8 years, they are so nice. It's really fun and not once have I been worried about my safety. Not at all seriously. People are so friendly and go out of there way to help you if you have a question, it's very genuine too. Dr. Luna too.. I had a horrible migraine a couple nights ago where it made me want to throw up. So to see what I could take I emailed him at 4:30am and he got back to me at 6:30am with a long email and lots of kind words. Oh and Anna I'm doing 2 probe on day 3, i remember you asking about this...Well, that's the latest... Jasmine! What's happening? How are you?

Baby Bear BoyBaby Boy

Joined 29-Sep-08

Top Poster
1-Dec-11 6:48 pm
I'm sorry jackieshope I completely spaced asking dr. Luna about it but MS might know better? I'm sure he does IUI and they work fairly often with MS. I will try to remember to ask but here's MS email, they sometimes take a couple days to get back to you but they' re really nice: guadalajarainfo@microsort.com

Baby Bear BoyBaby Boy

Joined 28-Nov-10

Top Poster
1-Dec-11 11:40 pm

Thank you Karma4Tatum. I will definitely email them and see what they say.  Good luck!

Baby Bear Boy - 04

Baby Bear Boy - 07

Pray for a Baby Girl to complete our family!

Numerous MS IUI failures.

IVF/PGD fail. Not a single normal girl out of 10 embryos Sad

IVF/PGD#2 - PUPO with a SET normal girl!!!
Beta #1: 78
Beta #2: 238
My angel in heaven Baby Girl.....where to now??? Hearts

IVF/PGD#3 - BFP!!!! More low betas, miscarry 8 weeks

Dutch Girl Sway BFP!! Identical Twins... no heartbeat @ 10 weeks :(

Page: of 8