Forums  Gender Selection Gender Prediction Gender Disappointment Gender Odds

MS IUI Didn't work again......so sad :(

Joined 28-Nov-10

Top Poster
23-Nov-11 12:06 am

I convinced my DH to have another go at Microsort in Mexico City.  I did not use clomid because of the very poor lining I had last time. This time my lining was much improved (14 mm vs 8-10 last time).  I did use a small, very small dose of Gonal F (75 iu) which I purchased from Freedom before going to Mexico and it produced 2-3 follicles for me. I used the HCG trigger shot when the biggest one was 18 mm but I wonder if it was too soon?

I'm so sad this didn't work again. Even though the microsort IUI cycles have been relatively inexpensive, the bills are starting to add up. So far we've spent about $6000  for  the 2 cycles which includes the travel & hotel expenses.  I'm not sure if we should try this a 3rd time or not.  IVF is only partially covered by our insurance so we would have to pay out of pocket for the PGD and the medications too.

Advice ladies? Confused Huh?

Baby Bear Boy - 04

Baby Bear Boy - 07

Pray for a Baby Girl to complete our family!

Numerous MS IUI failures.

IVF/PGD fail. Not a single normal girl out of 10 embryos Sad

IVF/PGD#2 - PUPO with a SET normal girl!!!
Beta #1: 78
Beta #2: 238
My angel in heaven Baby Girl.....where to now??? Hearts

IVF/PGD#3 - BFP!!!! More low betas, miscarry 8 weeks

Dutch Girl Sway BFP!! Identical Twins... no heartbeat @ 10 weeks :(

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
23-Nov-11 2:39 am
If you can afford it I would try ivf. The problem with spermsort and iui is that there are less sperm then with normal iui so the chances are more slim. You sort just the desired gender (so lets say 50 percent). I know you need just one but for iui you need a certain amount of sperm. This is what different doctors told me so I think I have to believe that. Ofcourse you can get pregnant with that (there are a few ladies on this board) but its really rare because of the spermsort. First I wanted also only iui because I was afraid for ivf. But I did ivf and there is nothing to be scared of. Unfortunately I had a bfn too so it is no guarantee!

Joined 28-Nov-10

Top Poster
23-Nov-11 12:32 pm

Thank you Lisvna!  How much was the IVF/PGD with spermsort in Cyprus?  Did you notice that the spermsort affected the embryos at all?

If we were going to  do IVF/pgd there would be no spermsort offered so that would really lower my chances of having something to transfer. But going all the way to cyprus would be very expensive too I think.

Baby Bear Boy - 04

Baby Bear Boy - 07

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
23-Nov-11 4:59 pm
IVF/PGD/Spermsort was around 7000 euros. Excluding meds. Then you have to pay for flights, car hire or cab and accommodation. I really don't know if it affected the embryos because I never did it without so I can't compare. What I do know iis that dr Savvas doesnt use Microsort because he thinks that Microsort affect the embryos. He had his own spermsort technique and I don't know which one it is exactly. I even can't tell you if it's really works because you as a patient never in the labotory when they do the PGD. You have to trust the doctor on his word.....

Joined 28-Nov-10

Top Poster
23-Nov-11 10:18 pm

Lisvna:
dr Savvas doesnt use Microsort because he thinks that Microsort affect the embryos. He had his own spermsort technique and I don't know which one it is exactly. I even can't tell you if it's really works because you as a patient never in the labotory when they do the PGD. You have to trust the doctor on his word.....

wow, a sperm-sort technique that works that isn't Microsort....that would be so great if it were offered here instead of cyprus!

Do you know how many girl embryos you had last time? Did  it work?

Baby Bear Boy - 04

Baby Bear Boy - 07

Joined 25-Mar-10

28-Nov-11 4:10 pm
So sorry to hear your news JH :( I hope you can find your way through this. It's such a difficult journey! ((hugs)) When I 1st looked into this I felt we really only had 1 shot. So have put everything into Genesis for IVF/PGD and Sort! I know we could off looked at other methods but I really didn't want to put myself through it. But totally admire those who do! Yes Savvas has is own method so hoping it will help our cycle and won't affect the embryos! I am going to ask about the 5 probe and hoping and praying we get enough follicles? All the best to you and your family! Jasmine x
X4 adorable stunning boys IVF/PGD/Sort Genesis Dec 2011

Joined 2-Mar-11

Top Poster
29-Nov-11 7:06 am
Yes it really worked for us. In the end (after fertilization, pgd etc) we had 3 healthy girls and 1 healthy boy we could transfer....

Joined 18-Jan-12

4-Feb-12 2:35 am

Jackies I have been following your post and just saw the 3x bfn in your signature. I am very sorry! I got two fbn with MS IUI as well and will my 3rd soon. I am going to Guadalajara.

Joined 18-Jan-12

10-Feb-12 10:05 pm

I am in Guadalajara waiting for my 3rd IUI/MS. Doc said that my lining is thin so I am taking medication to improve it.

Really bad weather here. The only good thing is to visit the Microsort office, to see the machine in person. 

Not sure my 3rd time is going to work either, due to my age, but I want to try before going IVF.

If my 3rd IUI/MS does not work, I think I will take a break and probably will be back on birth control pills and prepare for my IVF in May.

Joined 7-Feb-12

11-Feb-12 12:02 pm

HI there, I'm tying to research MicroSort as PGD failed for me x 3 ... can you tell me the name of reputable MS clinics in Mexico?  there are a bunch of Drs listed on their wensite but I've no way of knowing who's 'the best' ... I'd like to ph them and ask some Qs.. Thanks.

Joined 18-Jan-12

11-Feb-12 5:33 pm

My husband got his sperm report Before wash/After wash/After sort. The numbers are, respecitvely, 324x1000,000, 115x1000,000, 0.5x 100,000. Doc always jokes that my husband has the super sperm.  The Microsort technician, Ana Paula, is very nice. She explained the numbers to us and gave us the report. 

Dr. R. did my IUI afterward. I think he did a good job because I did not feel a thing.

I had the surge shot 42 hours ago. I felt bloated and a bit uncomfortable.    

It rained all day in Guadalajara, which made the trip a bit unpleasant. However, the nice Microsort technician and Dr. R saved the day.

The total price is: 8050 peso (7150 the procedure +900 blood test) +US$1,220. Tickets are $700 for husband and me, and hotel is about $700 for a week.

This is my 3rd IUI/MS. Hopefully I won't have to come back to Guadalajara, although coming back won't be the worse thing in the world.

Joined 18-Jan-12

11-Feb-12 5:45 pm

Hi Nogettingoverit,

I don't know who the best doctor is either. Dr. R in Guadalajara speaks fluent English and I like the location better than Mexico city. I heard that Dr. Luna and Dr. Rivera in Mexico city are both pretty good.

Where did you do your PGD? If you choose Mexico there is one big advantage: you can do both MS and PGD with IVF.

Joined 7-Feb-12

11-Feb-12 7:21 pm

Thanks.  I did it in NY.  I went to a clinic that didn't do a lot of PGD ... of course I didn't know that at the time and wasn't aware that there are huge standard differences between clinics and embryologists.  Anyway I've since moved clinics and my last PGD was a success but we only chose to biopsy 2 embies in case it was the cause of my MCs and the 2 we biopsied turned out to be abnormal lol .... so back to square one :()  I think we'll try IVF with MS and ISCI next.  I am scared to keep on biopsying as I've failed so many times.  I'll see if we can have the sperm frozen in Mexico and shipped back home and use our regular Dr. I might call the California clinic that does MS this wk to see if they recommend a Mexican facility.  

Joined 18-Jan-12

11-Feb-12 10:01 pm
I am from California and I am sure that no clinic did microsort now. The microsort technician at Guadalajara said they cannot ship sorted sperm to the US, due to FDA regulation.

Joined 18-Jan-12

11-Feb-12 10:29 pm
Correction: my husband's after sort spert count is 0.5x 1000,000, which is 500,000.
Page: of 3